Author Topic: Richmond's No.1 problem is clearances / Things teams need to do to beat Tigers  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I think the biggest issue that we have at the moment is turning our dominance of games into dominant wins.

I reckon for the last month we have been really dominating games without finishing off our opposition. Even against the Saints, I felt we cruised and that our forward line could have functioned better. We beat the Pies and Cats in games that should not have been as close as they were, and I think we played pretty poorly in the forward 50 against the Giants.

We obviously miss Butler more than I thought we would, and Caddy has dropped off the hot form of earlier in the season. George's poor conversion rate in recent times hasn't helped much either.

If we fix this for the finals, which I think we will, then the opposition will be in a world of pain. If one or two of our forwards find some Townsend late season circa.2017 form, it could get ugly.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
I really think that Dimma is holding back a few plays for the finals.
The bag of tricks is yet to be opened.

We are not going full tilt, that is obviously the case.
By not showing all of our cards now is the smart thing to be doing.

So the Cats tried some new things by playing a more direct, up the guts style of play.
This could well be a blessing in disguise.

Other teams in the 8 will take notice of this and try the same thing when they need to most.
Thinking they have a shot.
The counter punch will be on a hair trigger now ready to employ.

By not blowing Geelong out of the water we have allowed a little bit of hope to creep in to other sides in contention.

Make no mistake the club has let this happen willingly.
We have counter measures to combat this in hand.
And some surprises of our own.

It’s the long game people.

Just waiting for the most opportune moment, maybe even the GF.

Then..........BANG !!!

Just my thoughts 🐯 😞😎

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:32:18 AM by Hes My Hero »