Author Topic: Apology thread.  (Read 2217 times)

tony_montana

Re: Apology thread.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 11:51:57 AM »
number 2

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 12:13:45 PM »
None of the above but

( 7 ) Didnt think the selection committee was up to the task. Im still confused with some selections but they have the results on the board so cant argue.
( 8 ) Didnt think Houli, Ellis and Edwards would see us to this level. They have all turned the ball over lots or been panic merchants at times but the structure seems to work so with them in.
( 9 ) Didnt think the 1 tall forward line would work. Was hoping Griff would stand up and be that second tall forward but that hasn't happened. Wish I wasn't wrong but he seems to just be made of Paper. This is coming from one of his biggest supporters.
( 10 ) Just didnt see Graham, Castagna, Butler and Broad being best 22.

and most of all

( 11 ) Didnt see them going past a top 8 finish. Somewhere between 5th and 8th was my thoughts.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 12:49:29 PM »
(1)  Didn't rate Astbury , didn't think he was any better than Chaplin last year . Silly me .

(2) Wanted Hardwick gone at the end of last year . Thought he had run his race . He may or may not be the greatest football tactician but the players love him . More importantly Dusty loves him .

(3) Didn't think Cotch would ever reach his 2012 levels again . Been playing like Micheal Voss this finals series.

(4) thought Caddy was useless - been fantastic this finals series. Is a beast .

(5) Prestia.  See Caddy .

( 6) Was sad to see Deledio depart . Blessing in disguise.

Lol at the stupidity of this.
Why would people apologise for what was relevant at the time.

1) Astbury has been poor and had poor seasons for whatever reasons, why would you apologise for stating the obvious. He has had a good yr and it is because he plays on the right types.

2) I make no apologies for wanting to see the back of Hardwick i still do. I think we could be an  infinately better club with a different coach to this bumbler.Its sort of we are in a g/f despite this bloke.Its taken 8 yrs and we have got so many things wrong under this bloke  we may pinch a flag yet again we may not, how much credit do we give to this bloke.

3) Only knock ive ever had on Cotchin is his kicking and have rated him borderline A/B because of it. Still think he is very average by foot.So no nothing to apologise for here.

4) Thought Caddy an average player and very over rated. Still think him an average player despite him playing some good footy in the finals.

5) Have never said he cant play, i wanted us to use pick 6 in the nd and i make no apologies for that.
Has it turned out to be a good trade well if we win a g/f it can only be called a success.

6) The most stupid thing i have ever heard. Why would anyone want to apologise for being sad to see a club stalwart go.

None of the above but

( 7 ) Didnt think the selection committee was up to the task. Im still confused with some selections but they have the results on the board so cant argue.
( 8 ) Didnt think Houli, Ellis and Edwards would see us to this level. They have all turned the ball over lots or been panic merchants at times but the structure seems to work so with them in.
( 9 ) Didnt think the 1 tall forward line would work. Was hoping Griff would stand up and be that second tall forward but that hasn't happened. Wish I wasn't wrong but he seems to just be made of Paper. This is coming from one of his biggest supporters.

and most of all

( 11 ) Didnt see them going past a top 8 finish. Somewhere between 5th and 8th was my thoughts.

7) agree they got plenty wrong and imo still do  but how can you argue with the results

8) Agree i still think we could significantly improve if we actively looked to replace these players. How poor has Ellis been in the two finals and he continues to stink it up in big games.

9) Agree  This is the one for me i still think we would be a better team if we had a decent mobile quick  second tall unfortunately it seems we dont have any options but go small which says a fair bit in itself. Our set up is very much an exception to the rule.

10) Graham aside who is an ideal type for pressure games with his size i still think the three small set up has been over rated and i think the smalls have not hit the scoreboard enough.
Castagna imo is very poor his skills are atrocious and someone like Bolton should have been playing instead if we are going to play three smalls.

11) similar,  thought anywhere from 7th to 14th  and i can see us doing a w/b  and missing altogether next yr.People last yr were saying the season was an abberation well i think this season an abberation where just about everything has aligned perfectly for us, you ride it while it lasts but deep down your thinking it cant go forever.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 01:05:12 PM »
Can I be that guy and say none for me?

Always felt Astbury was going to get better, but definitely felt after some of his injuries and his decision making he wouldn't be playing to the level he is now (was still beaten badly in a few contests by Himmelberg btw).

I certainly wasn't devastated when Hardwick stayed on. I felt if we got a different team around him he might find his way.

Always knew Cotch was going to find form similar to 2012 again.

Thought Caddy was a good pick up. Once I saw his ball use I started to have my doubts, but never would have said useless. My word, he goes hard.

My concerns for Prestia were injury related. Once we got him right I knew he'd be a really good player.

I was sad to see Lids go but even when it happened I felt it was for the greater good. I think with him leaving something has free'd us up a bit mentally - just a thought.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 04:06:49 PM »
bah I always backed arseberry.  He was a talented mark from the outset and was just unlucky with injury.  Caddy and Prestia were shizenhausen at the start of the year but have come good so nobody has to apologise for that, it was not imagined.  Hardwick cops it but he can coach.  I feel for Lids he just got tired of fail, dunno if we would of still made it with him or not but he was a terrific player for us on his day and he bought us two good new players in his twilight.   :bow
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 04:19:42 PM »
(1)  Didn't rate Astbury , didn't think he was any better than Chaplin last year . Silly me .

(2) Wanted Hardwick gone at the end of last year . Thought he had run his race . He may or may not be the greatest football tactician but the players love him . More importantly Dusty loves him .

(3) Didn't think Cotch would ever reach his 2012 levels again . Been playing like Micheal Voss this finals series.

Lol at the stupidity of this.
Why would people apologise for what was relevant at the time.

1) Astbury has been poor and had poor seasons for whatever reasons, why would you apologise for stating the obvious. He has had a good yr and it is because he plays on the right types.

2) I make no apologies for wanting to see the back of Hardwick i still do. I think we could be an  infinately better club with a different coach to this bumbler.Its sort of we are in a g/f despite this bloke.Its taken 8 yrs and we have got so many things wrong under this bloke  we may pinch a flag yet again we may not, how much credit do we give to this bloke.

3) Only knock ive ever had on Cotchin is his kicking and have rated him borderline A/B because of it. Still think he is very average by foot.So no nothing to apologise for here.

4) Thought Caddy an average player and very over rated. Still think him an average player despite him playing some good footy in the finals.

5) Have never said he cant play, i wanted us to use pick 6 in the nd and i make no apologies for that.
Has it turned out to be a good trade well if we win a g/f it can only be called a success.

6) The most stupid thing i have ever heard. Why would anyone want to apologise for being sad to see a club stalwart go.

None of the above but

and most of all

7) agree they got plenty wrong and imo still do  but how can you argue with the results

8) Agree i still think we could significantly improve if we actively looked to replace these players. How poor has Ellis been in the two finals and he continues to stink it up in big games.

9) Agree  This is the one for me i still think we would be a better team if we had a decent mobile quick  second tall unfortunately it seems we dont have any options but go small which says a fair bit in itself. Our set up is very much an exception to the rule.

10) Graham aside who is an ideal type for pressure games with his size i still think the three small set up has been over rated and i think the smalls have not hit the scoreboard enough.
Castagna imo is very poor his skills are atrocious and someone like Bolton should have been playing instead if we are going to play three smalls.

11) similar,  thought anywhere from 7th to 14th  and i can see us doing a w/b  and missing altogether next yr.People last yr were saying the season was an abberation well i think this season an abberation where just about everything has aligned perfectly for us, you ride it while it lasts but deep down your thinking it cant go forever.

12) I apologise for Claw's rants and poor use of the English language and conventions

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 04:29:10 PM »

I agree with all this. Well done Matty.   :thumbsup

Agree with Hardwick. Tactically he's definitely limited and I can't forget some of the statements he made to justify such a dud gameplan in the past.  But he definitely has the players behind him and with astute assistants he's finally been able to listen to reason.

and most of all

Agree with these except, 9 - (always thought Griffiths is a mummy's girl), 10 - (always liked the look of Graham) but agree with the other three and 11 - I thought we finish bottom four because I didn't think Hardwick was going to change the gameplan. Glad he did.

We are in the GF and I have to acknowledge that they got it right and I might be wrong about a few things.
Also I think the culture of mediocrity might be over and Tigeritis may be cured, does that mean I have to come up with a new name?  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 06:40:42 PM »

Probably 1 for me.
3. More scared that he wouldn't more so than thought he wouldn't, because he is just so exciting to watch and has a massive amount of talent.
For me I didn't at the time agree with 1, 2 and 4
Didn't miss Lids, not because he's not a great player, he was and still is. I just thought and as I said to a lot of my mates that I actually believed that we were better off without him, simply because it appeared that too many players relied on him too much and just couldn't deal when he wasn't playing.
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2018, 12:55:09 PM »
Can't believe I ever had doubts over Caddy.  What a brilliant footballer he is.  Chris Scott must be crying himself to sleep. 

Remember the days when we used to debate who was better - Vickery or Griffiths.  Now we have a genuine second forward who's going on track to 50+ goals.

I didn't think Nathan Broad would amount to much... Wrong again. Had a fantastic year.  Can play the Vlastuin role when needed.
Unleash the tornado