Author Topic: Membership 2019 - The Hunt Continues  (Read 60629 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Membership 2019 - The Hunt Continues
« on: August 21, 2018, 09:17:55 PM »
Interested in people's views

There's been alot of comments on Twitter about changes the Club is making to 2019 membership packages

One of the biggest chamges is people with reserved seats in level 2 of the Southern Stand (premiership circle) have been told they are getting moved to the Olympics stand. Some people have had those seats since the stand was built = over 20 odd years. No consulation just a letter to say your moving. Club is holding an info night on Thursday this week at 5.30pm (pathetic time but that's another issue). Throw in a price increase and....

Fair to say there is some very unhappy people out there

I got a letter today about changes to my package  :-\ waiting to get more detail on all my questions

I believe there's also been some changes to 3121 and Richmond Executive

Anyone else impacted or have a view

Really interested in people's thoughts / views

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 03:39:02 PM by one-eyed »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Membership 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 10:20:47 PM »
Interested in people's views

There's been alot of comments on Twitter about changes the Club is making to 2019 membership packages

One of the biggest chamges is people with reserved seats in level 2 of the Southern Stand (premiership circle) have been told they are getting moved to the Olympics stand. Some people have had those seats since the stand was built = over 20 odd years. No consulation just a letter to say your moving. Club is holding an info night on Thursday this week at 5.30pm (pathetic time but that's another issue). Throw in a price increase and....

Fair to say there is some very unhappy people out there

I got a letter today about changes to my package  :-\ waiting to get more detail on all my questions

I believe there's also been some changes to 3121 and Richmond Executive

Anyone else impacted or have a view

Really interested in people's thoughts / views
I am an RE coterie member and have been told they are moving us to the Southern Stand next year. One of the main reasons I upgraded is to sit in the Olympic Stand as close to the wing as possible. They are the best seats in the house. Now to stay in those seats I need to upgrade again to Legends which is another hefty increase. I was not consulted which is my main gripe but they claim they did extensive research…...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:37:57 PM »

I am an RE coterie member and have been told they are moving us to the Southern Stand next year. One of the main reasons I upgraded is to sit in the Olympic Stand as close to the wing as possible. They are the best seats in the house. Now to stay in those seats I need to upgrade again to Legends which is another hefty increase. I was not consulted which is my main gripe but they claim they did extensive research…...

As you know Doc I'm an IS coterie member.

IS is being completely rebranded,  new name and no longer called a coterie. Now deemed a premium membership category. As I said have a number of questions I need clarification on but from what ive read i just feel a bit hollow about to be honest. Want to give the club the benefit of the doubt but.....

I expected changes but a couple of them I didn't expect at all.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 01:41:14 AM »
It's made the Herald-Sun:

Tigers fans’ uproar over reserved MCG seating

RICHMOND has riled some of its most loyal fans by making contentious changes to seating at the MCG.

Tiger faithful who have stuck with Richmond through thick and thin are set to lose vast numbers of reserved seats at the Punt Rd end in favour of cashed-up coterie groups.

Diehard fans say they are paying the price of premiership success as the club struggles with the weight of supporters climbing on the bandwagon.

Little more than 28 years after their “Save Our Skins” campaign to rescue the club, Richmond supporters have started a “Save Our Seats” protest to convince the board to keep supporter bays together.

The club has called a fan forum tonight to smooth tensions, but fans on Tuesday delivered a petition with about 800 names against shrinking the number of reserved seat bays. Richmond member Joe Garra has had four seats for his family next to friends for 13 years and accused the club of making a “unilateral decision to evict us”.

“They’re basically taking seats off some of the most passionate and dedicated fans and giving them to people prepared to pay more,” he said.

A letter sent to members said Richmond’s reserved seats were “at capacity” with “no further room to grow”. Several bays will become “flexible seating bays”, or first-in, first-served for members.

Members are also angry the club has asked them to pay an extra $6 to reserve a ticket in a 186-seat bay it will make available a week before matches.

“They’re happy having us there for the past 20 years, but not now,” Dr Garra said. “Everyone is furious.”

Richmond consumer business general manager Dino Imbriano confirmed 1613 seats across nine bays would be affected, which had been forced by “ability to sell memberships and maximise revenue”.

He said changes were needed, with up to 700 members not showing up at some matches while legions of fans wanted to witness the action.

“Its very emotive and the last thing we want to do is upset fans, but we need to continue to grow and strong and bold has been part of our brand positioning,” he said. “Sometimes we need to make changes to try to accommodate everyone.”

But in a letter to president Peggy O’Neal and CEO Brendon Gale, Dr Garra said: “Instead of being excited about the forthcoming finals series we have been shattered that our loyalty over many dark years has been totally ignored.”

[Paywall]: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/richmond-fans-rally-to-save-reserved-seats-at-mcg%2Fnews-story/8b7b4db11ba226247e14968664c97c17

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 06:50:24 AM »
Havent heard anything yet on our seats, but my opinion its rotten to the core.
You Don't treat lhe lifeblood, the diehard supporter thats supported this club though lets be honest some pretty dark bleak days and years, like this.
I would lose my poo if they did it to me, like BIG TIME!
Could of been done a lot better than just F you bad luck im sure.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 06:58:03 AM »
Club is holding an info night on Thursday this week at 5.30pm (pathetic time but that's another issue).

Look like I got the night wrong

It was either last night or it's tonight  ;D

Regarding the research - there was a very a survey that was sent out to 15k members randomly selected via the research /focus group hired by the club to run the survey

I was one person who got invited" to do it.

It was long, very long, took over 30 minutes (close to 45 minutes) to complete and TBH was difficult to follow at times. It put up numerous different scenarios on each category; which at times felt like they were just regurgitating the same question multiple times. After I completed it I was worried that changes were afoot that weren't going to appease the masses.

And here we are  :'(

« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:58:47 AM by WilliamPowell »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 06:59:10 AM »
Havent heard anything yet on our seats, but my opinion its rotten to the core.
You Don't treat lhe lifeblood, the diehard supporter thats supported this club though lets be honest some pretty dark bleak days and years, like this.
I would lose my poo if they did it to me, like BIG TIME!
Could of been done a lot better than just F you bad luck im sure.

Depends where your seats are Cub.

Level 2 Southern stand are the effected bays, no others at this stage

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 07:31:10 AM »
It’s interesting
As I am 3121 member x 4
And reserved seat holder in N6 x 4
3121 is being moved around to absorb bays up to N6
My situation is that I save $400 x 4 as I will just sit in 3121 area in 2019. N7 to N13
The disgusting thing about this is that the reserved seats / areas from N1 to N6 have increased approx 33%
So this is purely a cash grab

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 07:33:16 AM »
Club is holding an info night on Thursday this week at 5.30pm (pathetic time but that's another issue).

It was last night

Regarding the research - there was a very a survey that was sent out to 15k members randomly selected via the research /focus group hired by the club to run the survey

It was long, very long, took over 30 minutes (close to 45 minutes) to complete and TBH was difficult to follow at times. It put up numerous different scenarios on each category; which at times felt like they were just regurgitating the same question multiple times. After I completed it I was worried that changes were afoot that weren't going to appease the masses.

The forum is tonight , Wednesday @ 5.45

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 08:22:33 AM »

It was last night

I remember that survey was very hard to follow, wondered what they were up to...

Im M14 ground level right on the fence, love being on the fence and we have been there close to 20 years im guessing, had the seats when it was the old southern stand and got them back once the new stand was finished.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 10:04:48 AM »
It’s interesting
As I am 3121 member x 4
And reserved seat holder in N6 x 4
3121 is being moved around to absorb bays up to N6
My situation is that I save $400 x 4 as I will just sit in 3121 area in 2019. N7 to N13
The disgusting thing about this is that the reserved seats / areas from N1 to N6 have increased approx 33%
So this is purely a cash grab

I had seats in N7 for over 20 years. Kept them even when I upgraded to IS as the seats meant so much to me because one of them was Ma Powell's. For 7 season the club got the $ for those seats even though I wasn't using them. And on the odd times i did I was always asking people 3121 members to move  ;D

After the GF last year I felt the time was right to give them up. But if I still had them I'd be shattered by what they are doing.

Thing they don't seem to understand is that for people who have had the seats forever (read 20+ years) it about more than the seats, it's about the footy friendships made, the unique bonds formed.... it just not about the seats

Offline Chopstix

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 11:06:06 AM »
I'll be there tonight - this is a disgraceful money making exercise by the club.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 11:13:34 AM »
It’s all about money
Don’t get me started about it
It’s like the T Shirts they were selling at the Sunday  after the GF at Punt Rd
Only to see them at the Royal Melbourne Show on the Monday for $6.00 cheaper
$45 one day
$38.95 the next
🤔
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 12:09:15 PM by Jackstar is back!!! »

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 02:03:41 PM »
It’s all about money
Don’t get me started about it
It’s like the T Shirts they were selling at the Sunday  after the GF at Punt Rd
Only to see them at the Royal Melbourne Show on the Monday for $6.00 cheaper
$45 one day
$38.95 the next
🤔

There are some who don’t want for you to get started on anything  ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 03:09:05 PM »
And then you get the 3.05pm text message saying there is no parking at Punt Rd this evening . Why hold a forum at a ridiculous time then inform people 3 hours before there is no car parking
Seriously incompetent