Author Topic: VFL QF: Richmond vs Williamstown @ Punt Rd, Sat. Sept 1 [Live on Ch 7]  (Read 15008 times)

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: VFL QF: Richmond vs Williamstown @ Punt Rd, Sat. Sept 1 [Live on Ch 7]
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2018, 08:51:36 AM »
It's hard to win any game when you have only one decent midfielder (Miles) in the team and he was tagged heavily. All the pressure came about because of this. It is really hard for a VFL team to draw from a depleted list when the seniors are playing finals and there are a few injuries.  Also the policy to play the AFL listed players first almost guarantees an unbalanced team. We saw the result of that on saturday night.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »
It's hard to win any game when you have only one decent midfielder (Miles) in the team and he was tagged heavily. All the pressure came about because of this. It is really hard for a VFL team to draw from a depleted list when the seniors are playing finals and there are a few injuries.  Also the policy to play the AFL listed players first almost guarantees an unbalanced team. We saw the result of that on saturday night.

:thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2018, 03:12:05 PM »
Anyone get the impression that Balta will soon displace broad from the senior team? Seems to be a faster, more athletic version with a better kick that can play that tall/interceptor role while also providing run out of defence.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2018, 04:15:08 PM »
There’s no question Balta has an incredibly high ceiling. Could be as good as Rance; I honestly mean that. But he’s a looooong way off seniors for now.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2018, 04:33:55 PM »
Coleman-Jones is currently showing us so far that he’s way off the pace and probably won’t make it.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2018, 06:02:18 PM »
:shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2018, 03:58:39 AM »
Coleman-Jones is currently showing us so far that he’s way off the pace and probably won’t make it.
I didn’t say anything about delisting him. I havent yet seen much to get excited about and the way he was playing this particular game had me thinking he doesn’t look like he’ll make it but that doesn’t mean he won’t make it as it’s just my opinion from the way he was playing which at the time was making my memory of Hamspud look like Brodie Grundy.  :rollin

B Ellis & Conca out is what I really want as I’ve seen enough.   :shh
 :shh :rollin :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2018, 04:08:40 AM »
Writing off a 19 year old ruckman in his first year.....that's some astute commentary right there...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2018, 08:16:53 AM »
Writing off a 19 year old ruckman in his first year.....that's some astute commentary right there...... :shh

Also considering that he has played some ripper games and has played much more than the club actually wanted.

He was only meant to play 2 out of every 3 games but with Chol going down had to play more, he is a very exciting prospect.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2018, 05:21:35 PM »
11 of the top 13 players on the ground were Williamstown players.

Stats courtesy of Grimlock on BF:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/qualifying-final-v-williamstown-saturday-1-9-18-at-7pm-live-on-7.1203542/page-35#post-57722829