Author Topic: VFL Semi: Richmond vs Essendon @ North Port, Sat. Sept 8  (Read 18406 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: VFL Semi: Richmond vs Essendon @ North Port, Sat. Sept 8
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2018, 03:51:48 PM »
You all really should watch the replay and look at the amount of attacks he launched off half back with his good hands, leg & composure. He & Markov set up most of our good play today.

The fact we lose a game and you all blame Ellis is laughable really

No-one is soley blaming BEllis but fact is he's a senior premiership player who needed to lead by example and while he may have done a few nice things of half back whenever he was afforded enough time & space he also avoided real contact all day, repeatedly sold his teammates into trouble and panicked and shyte himself when it most mattered.....deep down you know we're right  because you saw what everyone saw and it was all fairly obvious...... :shh

Head out and delist a few blokes now I reckon.

Start with your boy BEllis...... :thumbsdown
Was our best player. You'd know it if you had a TV or enough money to attend the game.  :thumbsup

Yeah too bad for Brandine the senior coaches don't either.... :shh
Fancy a wager?

If BEllis plays in the prelim, you change your username to 'WA Tiger'. If he doesn't, I'll buy you a TV so you can watch the 2's from time to time  :shh

Look I realise it's hard to back out of something when you'e commited so much time and effort to it but time to own up - no-one will think any less of you..... :shh

Take the bet or don't come to the next bikie club function. The boys aren't happy with you..... :shh :shh

Like the truly courageous I'm a lone wolf these dsys....tell WAT his missus says hello.... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2018, 03:53:39 PM »
:shh :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: September 08, 2018, 06:18:57 PM »
Do we not post the results when unpopular players are in the bests? lol

RICHMOND
Goal Kickers: C. Moore 2, C. Menadue 2, C. Thompson 2, T. Stengle, A. Miles, O. Markov
Best Players: C. Ellis, B. Ellis, R. Garthwaite, C. Menadue, T. Silvestro, O. Markov

ESSENDON
Goal Kickers: J. Green 3, J. Stewart 2, D. Younan 2, B. McNiece, J. Merrett, A. Heppell
Best Players: J. Ridley, A. Heppell, J. Stewart, K. Mutch, M. Hartley, J. Long

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=125196937&c=1-118-0-477472-0&pool=1001
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:27:52 PM by one-eyed »
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »
Peter Jackson VFL 2018

Richmond   2.1  4.3  7.6  9.10 (64)
Essendon   2.3  5.4  7.7  10.9 (69)

GOALS:
Richmond: Moore 2 Menadue 2 Thompson 2 Miles  Stengle  Markov
Essendon: Green 3 Stewart 2 Younan 2 McNiece  Heppell  Merrett

BEST:
Richmond: Ellis Ellis Garthwaite Menadue Silvestro Markov
Essendon: Ridley Heppell Stewart Mutch Hartley Long

https://membership.sportstg.com/results/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=4138&pg=1&a=MR

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2018, 06:21:38 PM »
40 seconds on you, OE.

AT The Courageous for mod? :shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2018, 06:23:39 PM »
Provide a link or it'll be deleted, AT. You know the rules when using info from another site.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2018, 06:24:23 PM »
Axed Tiger shines in heartbreaking VFL loss

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
Sep 8, 2018 5:41PM

BRANDON Ellis was in Richmond's best in the Tigers' heartbreaking five-point semi-final loss to Essendon in the VFL.

The running defender, who was omitted from the Tigers' senior side for Thursday night's qualifying final win, put his name up for a preliminary final recall with 24 disposals and three marks.

He also spent time on the wing but wouldn't want to watch back the final minute of the match, failing to nail a tackle on VFL Bomber Nick Hind in the middle of the ground. It saw Hind break away and kick to James Stewart, who won the game with the resultant set shot.

"I thought he was really important, particularly late in the game when the pressure was at its highest, he was the one standing up," Richmond's VFL coach Craig McRae said.

"He was stiff to miss out on an AFL opportunity. If something presents, he'll be ready for it, I'm sure."

Classy small forward Dan Butler didn't play after pulling up sore from his first match back from ankle syndesmosis surgery last week.

"They thought just an extra week's rest to get rid of any soreness, then he can build up again. He would have been available to play next week, but we don't have a game," McRae said.

Richmond's AFL side didn't record any major injuries after its win over Hawthorn, and as it stands two weeks out from the match, will only make changes based on form, rather than injury.

Pacy midfielder Connor Menadue could come under consideration if needed, topping the combined stats sheet with 26 touches, eight marks and two goals.

Sam Lloyd (18 disposals and eight tackles) had a quieter day by his VFL standards, while Corey Ellis (23) played predominantly in the middle.

Forward Callum Moore (two goals and five marks) worked hard, presenting well up the ground, while Oleg Markov (15 touches) was quick off half-back.

Key back Ryan Garthwaite, who will be first in line for a game if there's any injury to Richmond's defenders, battled hard, finishing the match in tears after the last-gasp loss.

The Bombers, who finished eighth at the end of the home and away season, had been the better side for most of the see-sawing affair at North Port Oval.

Richmond was the minor premier but has crashed out in straight sets after last week's qualifying loss to Williamstown.

"We've had a really good year, but just probably the last two or three weeks, we've lost our way a little bit compared to what we were doing at the start of the year," McRae said.

"We've got a lot of young players who were looking a little bit towards the end line. Credit to the opposition, I thought they were terrific. For a team who hasn't had their AFL guys available or training with them, they've done a good job, they played really well."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-08/axed-tiger-shines-in-heartbreaking-vfl-loss

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2018, 06:26:21 PM »
What if that's my own best players ? Are you not allowed to post that? I actually don't know the rules when it comes to posting stuff from another site, can you enlighten please. Am serious

anyway, it's from the same site you got it from...

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=125196937&c=1-118-0-477472-0&pool=1001

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #173 on: September 08, 2018, 06:33:13 PM »
What if that's my own best players ? Are you not allowed to post that?
If it's your own opinion then obvious no link is required.

I actually don't know the rules when it comes to posting stuff from another site, can you enlighten please. Am serious
If you use info from another source/site then you should post a link from which is came. Not only so everyone else knows where it came from and can check it out but to also give credit to that original source.

anyway, it's from the same site you got it from...

Thanks.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: September 08, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »
No problem :)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2018, 08:03:22 PM »
I only caught the second half but I thought Markov and Bolta were very good.

With a bit of luck next year, Markov takes Houli’s spot acrosd half back and Bolta takes Grigg’s spot.

Markov’s pace and use of the footy was easily AFL standard and Bolta could be anything.

Exciting times ahead with some of our youngsters coming through. What an advantage it’s is not having to throw them into senior footy too early.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2018, 09:45:58 PM »
Miles and Lloyd were soundly beaten and that's where the game was lost. Gath gave away a huge 50 when slapping the ball away in frustration...a lesson for the young man. Menadue, C Ellis, Markov and B Ellis best. Shame Butler won't get another game before the preliminary final which could spell the end of his year. See ya Miles and good luck including Lloyd should you also leave.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2018, 10:12:26 PM »
Out in straight sets after winning the minor premiership.

I think heads should roll.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2018, 04:28:07 AM »
The contentious "holding the ball" free kick paid against Balta during the last quarter plus the 50m penalty:

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/7VFL/status/1038292130299400192

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2018, 08:54:50 AM »
Two poo decisions back to back.

First of all the tackle didn’t stick, and second he didn’t drop or fumble the footy.
The tackle attempt happen next to the boundary line and Bolta was forced over the line. Just because he had run with the footy doesn’t make the rules change when the tackle happened.
It should have been a throw in.

Then the 50- the ball landed at the feet of the Essendon player- if he bends he catches the footy.

In finals the umpires need to be better than that. He got sucked in by the crowd noise IMO.