Author Topic: Changes for the Prelim final?  (Read 8255 times)

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Prelim final?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2018, 03:31:36 PM »
Rubbish, there's a bloke with #5 on his back who's already put Houli's Thursday night performance to shame

Not from why I saw.  No way he comes in after that.  Especially for Houli. Broad the only one

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
Rubbish, there's a bloke with #5 on his back who's already put Houli's Thursday night performance to shame

Not from why I saw.  No way he comes in after that.  Especially for Houli. Broad the only one
I know. Bachar has a gold pass.

It will depend on match ups as I have said. If there is no logical match up for Broad, BEllis will come in. If there is a match up for Broady, there will be no change.

The 2's stuffing up today has ruined Butler's chances
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2018, 03:35:26 PM »
So let’s get this straight.......

If Brandon plays Dio has to change his user name to WA Tiger.

If Brandon doesn’t play them AT has to buy Dio a new tv.

:shh :lol :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2018, 03:35:59 PM »
So let’s get this straight.......

If Brandon plays Dio has to change his user name to WA Tiger.

If Brandon doesn’t play them AT has to buy Dio a new tv.

:shh :lol :rollin

:thumbsup

:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2018, 03:36:29 PM »
No change. No one in the ressies deserves to come in.

We can now write off Butler's season too as he now has no VFL next week to get a game into him and test if he's 100% right.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2018, 03:47:08 PM »
If Brando comes in it’s definitely not gonna be for houli, you can stop backing that horse. Broad will be his only shot.
I agree. Plays the same sort of role as big Bachar tho but like I have said, Bachar's got that gold pass.  :shh

He doesn’t have a gold pass It’s just his position to lose and there’s no one pushing to take his spot. Bachar had a poor game for sure but he’s just a better half back flanker than Ellis that’s a fact. Brando was good today which you would expect him to be considering he was playing at vfl level but  it wasn’t like he completely dominated the game. Brandon’s best position for mine is on the wing where he can use his tank and his long boot (when he chooses to) between the arcs but for some reason the coaches don’t see him in that role anymore.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2018, 04:01:08 PM »

We can now write off Butler's season too as he now has no VFL next week to get a game into him and test if he's 100% right.

He’s no good MT, ressies wouldn’t have mattered  :thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2018, 04:12:34 PM »

He’s no good MT, ressies wouldn’t have mattered  :thumbsup
Ta Y&B.

Let's hope we get no injuries in the Prelim [touchwood]  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Time running out for Tigers' flag hero Dan Butler to return (afl site)
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2018, 06:42:02 AM »
Time running out for Tigers' flag hero to return

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Sep 10, 2018 4:52PM

ALEX Rance and Jack Riewoldt are expected to be fit for Richmond's preliminary final on Friday week, but the window of opportunity is closing for Dan Butler following the end of the VFL team's finals campaign on Saturday.

Rance and Riewoldt were treated for foot issues in the second half of Thursday night's 31-point qualifying final win over Hawthorn; Rance shortly before three-quarter time and Riewoldt in the fourth quarter.

Both players finished the game, and with a 15-day break between the win and next week's preliminary final against Collingwood or Greater Western Sydney, are expected to recover and play.

But, it's a different story for Butler, who was backed off training over the weekend and held back from the VFL team's semi-final loss to Essendon because of continuing ankle soreness.

"It will just depend on how well he's able to train, it probably makes it a bit harder for him because you can't see him play in a game," Richmond football manager Neil Balme told AFL.com.au on Monday.

"He's been a little bit sore anyway so we're not sure where he's going to get to.

"He'll try and train this week and we'll see how he goes."

Butler suffered a syndesmosis ankle injury in round 16 but didn't have surgical intervention until a month later.

He played a half of the VFL team's first final last Saturday night but pulled up sore, which saw his training loads reduced over the weekend.

Balme said while Butler's chance of a recall had taken a hit with the abrupt end of the VFL team's season, he would continue to train in case of injuries.

"It's a matter of how much he can run and how much he can impress with how much he can run, and whether you can take the risk after he's missed this much footy," he said.

"It will depend a bit on the fitness of everyone else I guess too, if everyone is fit, it's probably a bit unlikely but if there's an opportunity he'd want to be in a position to take that."

The players were given the weekend off after Thursday night's win but were back at the club on Monday.

They'll now run a relatively normal program with Tuesday and Saturday off, and a heavy session planned for Friday.

Balme said there would be a focus on balancing their work load with rest over the next two weeks, especially when considering their 15-day break between games compared to the six-day break their opponents will have.

But, he said they would benefit from their experience in dealing with the 15-day break they had between their winning 2017 qualifying final over Geelong, and their preliminary final against the Giants.

"If you're not ready and prepared to play in a preliminary final there's something very wrong with you," Balme said.

"I don't think we'll have to work too hard to keep them interested.

"You've got to give them enough work to keep them engaged but it's a good opportunity to get a bit of rest into them as well.

"It will be similar to what we tried to do last year, so we'll get a reasonable amount of work in, but we'll give them some rest as well. I think we'll handle it fairly well."

Balme said with no serious injuries to come from the win over the Hawks, the Tigers would have the majority of the list ready to play this week with just Jacob Townsend (fractured fibula), Shai Bolton (knee) and possibly Nathan Drummond (hamstring) unavailable.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-10/time-running-out-for-tigers-flag-hero-to-return

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2018, 11:12:38 AM »
Premiership teammate Nathan Broad was another notable absentee from the main group in the session at Punt Road, with the defender running a slow lap on his own before doing some gentle stretching exercises.

Broad has been quiet for a number of weeks and had just three touches in the qualifying final win over the Hawks.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-17/dusty-trains-away-from-the-main-group

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 11:21:38 AM »
Does either side make a change to a winning lineup?

Brandon Ellis was the unlucky Tiger to miss out in Richmond's qualifying final win over the Hawks and coach Damien Hardwick said there was a chance he could still play a role in September. Dan Butler is again fit after overcoming an ankle injury and is in the Tigers' best side, but the hard question is who does he come in for? Nathan Broad or Reece Conca appear to be the most in danger of losing their spot. Magpie Darcy Moore could come into selection contention, but Richmond's small forward line could count against him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-17/the-big-questions-for-the-preliminary-finals

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »
If Dusty is ok to play, I can only see one possible change - Ellis for Broad if we think we may be a little slow down back with the likes of Varcoe, Thomas and Stephenson down there. But we *should* be able to cover them with Houli, Short & Grimes. Astbury on Cox, Rance on De Goey, Vlastuin/Broad take Mihocek & Hoskin-Elliot.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2018, 12:59:10 PM »
In the Mix: Preliminary Final

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
18 Sep 2018

RICHMOND

Get them in:
Brandon Ellis had 24 touches in the VFL side's losing semi-final last week while Connor Menadue had 26. Sam Lloyd and Anthony Miles typically tackled hard while Ryan Garthwaite remains the key defensive replacement if required.

Under the pump:
Nathan Broad had three touches against Hawthorn in the first final, following on from the four he had in rounds 22 and 23. Trained cautiously on Monday and may be carrying some soreness. 

Medical room: It's all about 'Dusty watch' at Punt Road with the durable Brownlow medallist on light duties in their last two training sessions. It's suggested he has a knee issue, but the Tigers are adamant he'll play. Daniel Rioli (finger) and Dan Butler (ankle) will be available this week.

Verdict: No change. Broad to hold his spot, Martin/Rioli/Lambert to play, and Butler and B. Ellis to miss out.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-18/in-the-mix-preliminary-finals

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2018, 02:00:35 PM »
Would love to fit Butler in that side, but for who ?. Gives us more class and speed and pressure up in our forward 50 and more potent attack.12 weeks of footy is alot,but pies players both come in after long lay offs.

Broad maybe carrying something will be interesting with him.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2018, 02:04:40 PM »
Out Broad don't think we need him with Collingwood defence unless they Bring in Reid & Moore.
In Butler is just all class