Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - Jason Castagna?  (Read 2365 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rate a Tiger's year - Jason Castagna?
« on: October 24, 2018, 03:17:14 PM »
Next up is George:

In his third season, Castagna played 22 games to take his career tally to 52 matches. He played the first 9 rounds before soreness caused him to miss two weeks. Jason returned against Port in round 12 and played in our remaining 13 games including both finals.

2018 Highlights:
15 disposals, 5 marks, 6 tackles, 3 goals (vs Brisbane, R4)
17 disposals, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 2 goals (vs Bulldogs, R23)
16 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 2 goals (vs Melbourne, R5)
12 disposals, 4 marks, 6 tackles, 3 goals (vs Hawthorn, R3)
15 disposals, 4 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goals (vs Carlton, R1)
12 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles, 2 goals (vs Collingwood, R19)

2018 Statistical Rankings:
* Ranked 13th in Total Tackles Inside 50

Career stats:
           Games   Kicks  Hballs  Disp.  Marks  Tackles   G.B     Clear.   In50   Re50   
2016        5        8.0     6.8    14.8     4.0       1.6      2.0       1.4      2.6      1.6
2017      25        6.0     4.8    10.8     3.0       3.0     26.20     0.5      2.1      0.2
2018      22        5.8     4.5    10.3     3.0       2.9     26.24     0.4      2.2      0.1

https://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=2628&SeasonID=ALL
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--jason-castagna

How did we all rate Castagna's year?

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - Jason Castagna?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:24:22 PM »
I don't believe his in our best forward line setup with Lynch and Butler to return coaches have to reinvent him in another position does he have the skills tho ? .Doesn't kick enough goals and misses way to much.Yeah his pressure and tackling were ok this season,still not like 2017.His position is up for grabs if someone steps up in our best 22.

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 03:24:43 PM »
This will be interesting.
George polarises more people than Trump.
I'm in the positive camp however only 5.5/10 for me this season. Finished very quietly. Think he missed Butler

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 04:41:05 PM »
6/10.  I love Georgie!  He gives us some toughness & explosiveness in the forward half & is a tough match up for the opposition.  He needs to work on the goal kicking, as noted by everybody ...
But, is he a chance to convert himself into a defensive midfield/tagger?  His tackling, speed & pressure are already brilliant, can he build a tank to go into the midfield & bash & crash in the middle?   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 05:16:34 PM »
4/10

cant kick. averaged only 2.9 tackles a game this year.

Momentum killer.

Not in our best 22 going fwd.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »
Goodness gracious me the tigers have another
Unleash the tornado

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 09:22:51 PM »
I hope people rate butler and riolis years as harshly considering all 3 amigos have had similar outputs for the past couple of seasons.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 02:27:03 AM »
I hope people rate butler and riolis years as harshly considering all 3 amigos have had similar outputs for the past couple of seasons.

Butler - about a 5. At least he can kick.

Rioli - insufficient pre season due to injury. His output has an excuse.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 07:21:55 AM »

Butler - about a 5. At least he can kick.

Rioli - insufficient pre season due to injury. His output has an excuse.
And yet Butler’s disposal efficiency is less than Georgie’s. And he plays more of an outside type player than George. Rioli too for that matter.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 08:12:35 AM »
I rate George a lot. He is 100% best 22 for me given our current team structure.

His attack on the ball is manic. Obviously just wish his set shot kicking was better, but honestly he's played 3 less games than 2017 and managed 4 more scoring shots, which indicates he's found more of the ball in front of the sticks which is what we needed.

He can even take a decent grab.

Definitely need to keep him on. With Higgins and Rioli allegedly to spend more time in the midfield then we'll need George + Butler in the F50 with Higgins or Rioli rotating in. Maybe even give Baker and Bolton more games too.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 09:09:58 AM »
Jason's attack, pressure and effort are fanatic/fantastic. Had he kicked straight then there would be rave reviews.
Unfortunately with football all efforts are forgotten when you miss the goal.
Castagna, Higgins, rioli, butler, baker, Bolton, will all contribute in 2019, I don't think another afl team has such a wealth of players of this size speed and ability as do RFC.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 11:26:24 AM »
Jason's attack, pressure and effort are fanatic/fantastic. Had he kicked straight then there would be rave reviews.
Unfortunately with football all efforts are forgotten when you miss the goal.
Castagna, Higgins, rioli, butler, baker, Bolton, will all contribute in 2019, I don't think another afl team has such a wealth of players of this size speed and ability as do RFC.
:clapping

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 11:26:57 AM »
I rate George a lot. He is 100% best 22 for me given our current team structure.

His attack on the ball is manic. Obviously just wish his set shot kicking was better, but honestly he's played 3 less games than 2017 and managed 4 more scoring shots, which indicates he's found more of the ball in front of the sticks which is what we needed.

He can even take a decent grab.

Definitely need to keep him on. With Higgins and Rioli allegedly to spend more time in the midfield then we'll need George + Butler in the F50 with Higgins or Rioli rotating in. Maybe even give Baker and Bolton more games too.
:clapping

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 03:53:43 PM »
Have always said if you merged Butler/Castagna you would have a great little forward. Pity one sleeps with the light on and the other can be an absolute momentum killer. Overall they're decent footballers though & still young.

5.5/10 for George. He doesn't try to miss shots but stuff me....that night he kicked 0.5 or something plus about 3 OOTF was sickening
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 05:33:15 PM »
Have always said if you merged Butler/Castagna you would have a great little forward. Pity one sleeps with the light on and the other can be an absolute momentum killer. Overall they're decent footballers though & still young.

5.5/10 for George. He doesn't try to miss shots but stuff me....that night he kicked 0.5 or something plus about 3 OOTF was sickening
Think it might have been the game in Sydney vs GWS.

Have always thought that he tries to kick the ball way too hard. When doing banana kicks as he seems to prefer if you kick too hard it can go anywhere as it most often does in his case. Still think that can be worked on with the coaches, its a skill error and should be able to be corrected to some degree in the off season.