Author Topic: Your ideal (or next best) list management result from here?  (Read 6956 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Your ideal (or next best) list management result from here?
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2018, 11:38:45 PM »
Will say it again all these players leaving who apart from conca (at least in the coaches eyes) were nothing more than back up players at best that only came in due to injury and really bad form just pushes the next crop up who hopefully have long term futures at the club. Players who weren’t in our 22 against Collingwood still on the list- Bellis, Bolton, Balta, Garthwaite, Miller, Baker, Markov, Naish, Soldo, Moore, Miller, Menadue and CCJ. Then we still have additions to come through potential delisted free agents as well as the draft and rookie draft.

List is in good shape, everyone relax.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2018, 02:43:36 PM »
One thing for sure is with Townsend gone we dont have one permanent medium fwd on the list.People may scoff at this but i think a 2 goal a game MED/TALL fwd like Menzel would suit us.
We do have Caddy and Martin but imo with so few mids on the list, i count just 12 all up, these two are going to have to spend significant time in the middle. especially as they are the only two big mids we have and Martin is our best clearance player an area we stunk up this yr.Lets find a medium who can free these two up to spend more time in the middle.

LIST OF MIDS

Inside
Graham - 181cm 21yo
Prestia -  175cm 26yo
Cotchin - 185cm 28yo could probably say the latter 2 are both inside and outside.

Outside

Menadue - 187cm 22yo
McIntosh - 191cm 25yo
Lambert - 178cm 27yo
Grigg  -  190cm 30yo

My view at this stage only Lambert is a long term keeper. Menadue has failed to grasp any of the numerous chances hes had when promoted. McItosh is just average at best who doesnt get enough ball and is as fumbly as they come.

Mid/Fwd
Martin 187cm 27yo
Caddy - 186cm 26yo
Edwards - 181cm 30yo
Higgins - 177cm 20yo
Baker - 173cm 21yo

Imo we need at 4 or 5 mids both inside and outside and at least two need to be big bodied ball winners.

SML FWDS

Rioli - 179cm 21yo. some think he can play midfield but to me he is primarily a fwd.
Bolton - 175cm 20yo.
Butler - 182cm 22yo
Castagna 181cm 22yo

There is probably too many on the list especially when you have mids Edwards, Higgins, Lambert, and Baker who can and do go thru there. My concern is even if all of the small fwds become mids which wont happen it makes for an inordinate amount of small midfielders.

Medium fwds

None. We have two mids Martin and Caddy who play thru there.Imo we need one possibly two medium fwds. Maybe Markov could be an option here.

KP/TALL FWDS.

Riewoldt - 195cm 30yo
Lynch -  199cm 25yo
Moore - 193cm 22yo

If Balta is a fwd then we are okay here but imo he really looks like a Kpd. Would like another Genuine tall fwd on the list with the future in mind.

SML DEF
D E-S -  180cm 20yo
Naish - 182cm 20yo
Short - 178cm 23yo
B Ellis - 181cm 25yo
Houli - 180cm 30yo

Houli at 30 is probably the best of the 5 thats saying something . He wont be around much longer. I dont believe either Short or B Ellis good enough, id personally look to trade em out..Naish and D E-S are juniors so we have development covered.  We have the numbers but we dont have the all round players we need imo .Personally id be looking for a defender who can go one v one and also provide the run and delivery.

Medium Def
Markov - 187cm 22yo
Vlastuin - 187cm 24yo

There is only the two but with tall players like Broad and Grimes we have cover as they can and do play on smaller types.
Markov is a concern like Menadue he has failed to take his opportunities would like another Medium Def on the list Maybe Jez McClennan type.

KP/TALL Defenders
Garthwaite - 192cm 20yo
Broad - 192cm 25yo
Grimes - 193cm 27yo
Miller - 195cm 19yo
Balta - 194cm 19yo
Astbury - 195cm 28yo
Rance - 194cm 29yo

Imo Balta and Miller are the natural replacements for Rance and Astbury if they are good enough down the track. Garthwaite is a replacement for grimes or Broad.
At first glance it looks like too many tall defenders but Broad and Grimes generally perform med/sml roles.Clearly we have plenty of cover here.

Rucks

C C-J - 200cm 19yo.
Soldo - 204cm 22yo
Nankervis - 199cm 24yo

We have long term covered in C C-J, We have a servicable hard at it ruckman in Nankervis.
We have long term project ruckman in Soldo. He may or may not get there but was always going to take a fair bit of time being so new to the game when we got him. Like most i think we need another mature ruckman as cover for Nankervis.

The way i see it we have 9 spots to fill. I assume Moore will be promoted so that leaves 8.

4 Mids
1 Med fwd
1 Med def
1 Ruck
1 Sml def, Med fwd or even a long term project player.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2018, 03:23:23 PM »
we're getting this type of thing from Mopsy again ^

must be carded over at BF
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »
I love a good list analysis

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 04:17:19 PM »
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2018, 05:00:55 PM »
we're getting this type of thing from Mopsy again ^

must be carded over at BF
No im quite good over at BF.
Just putting my view on what the list needs on a list management thread.
Your welcome to debate anything ive said  i think it is mostly correct.

We need mids or do you disagree.,

We dont have one permanent med fwd on the list we could do with one or two i suppose you disagree with that as well.

Our sml defenders who are getting games are iffy in one way or another and one is getting on at 30 . Thats a fact.But hey lets have a guess you disagree.

We have 8 small players who can play as sml fwds we dont need any more but wait you disagree.

We have heaps of tall defenders 7 of them  and dont need anymore are you really going to disagree with that.

We have three ruckmen one a junior one a project player and one decent ruckman we could probably do with some cover for Toby but wait you disagree.
Last but not least we have just two medium sized defenders,  and could probably do with another. We do have some cover here with tall defenders Broad and Grimes capable of covering smaller players. But wait you disagree.

It would be great to know what you think we need and what the list short comings are rather than taking spineless shots at those who do put it out there.But hey you would need to have some sort of clue and the courage of your own convictions for that and we all know you fail on both counts.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2018, 05:03:29 PM »
I'll give you my retort when you list what your problem with Jayden Short is in the other thread that you've been avoiding.

Because to be honest, you just like bagging blokes out and saying they need to be replaced without really saying why. So get started on Shorty and I'll get my Swahili translator out and reply to your list analysis

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2018, 06:02:00 PM »
My response would be that you get way too caught up with the height of players and categorising their positions based on that.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2018, 06:22:13 PM »
Permanent medium forward? Caddy is almost permanent as he hardly goes into the midfield these days. Who says we need one that is permanent anyway? I'm for versatility. A good medium forward that can go into the midfield is far more useful to a team with the rotations that are required in modern footy.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2018, 06:23:01 PM »
So according to Hartley on Talking Tigers we'll just be going to the draft using 4 picks in the ND and the rest in the rookie draft so no DFA's and going back to a 38/6 llist but we are looking at the trading of live picks -he sounded pretty keen and had been to US to discuss with a couple NFL clubs on how they approach it over there, sounded like we'll be targeting kids ahead of state leaguers but also said we were considering leaving a spot free for next year's mid-season draft which is when we'd be looking at state leaguers.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.