Author Topic: Riewoldt, Betts, Dangerfield & Fyfe to hand pick 4 AFLX teams [merged]  (Read 6139 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Riewoldt, Betts, Dangerfield & Fyfe to hand pick 4 AFLX teams [merged]
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 12:20:40 PM »
Why Riewoldt won’t pick ‘Snags’ in AFLX team

Gilbert Gardiner
Herald Sun
19 Jan 2019

Rampage captain Jack Riewoldt hasn’t settled on a draft wish list yet but one thing he knows, Richmond goal sneak Jack Higgins is free to test the AFLX free agency market.

Riewoldt has ruled out picking the livewire, having had enough of Higgins’ antics at Punt Road.

But Riewoldt conceded the pint-sized fan favourite would be suited to the hi-octane and fun AFLX format.

“AFLX is about having a lot of fun as well so Jack Higgins really fits the mould for that, a bit out there, a bit different, and loves having fun so I think he might get picked up from another team,” Riewoldt said.
Jack Higgins would be well-suited to AFLX but Jack Riewoldt won’t pick him in his team. Picture: Getty

“I have to deal with him every day in here so I don’t know if I can deal with him for another weekend but no, he can go somewhere else.

“There will be a lot of characters in our team, obviously not having coaches it’s going to be up to us so we’ll be able to play the way we want to play and enjoy ourselves.”

The new format sees eight players on a rectangular field, with games consisting of two 10-minute halves.

Riewoldt is one of four team captains, with Patrick Dangerfield to lead the Bolts, Fremantle superstar Nat Fyfe to captain the Flyers, and Adelaide gun Eddie Betts in charge of the Deadlys, an all-indigenous line-up.

The captains will draft players before a one-day AFLX event on Friday, February 22.

Riewoldt, amid the stirring of Tigers teammates including Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin, confirmed Rampage “recruiters” had their sights set on at least two 2018 All-Australians.

“It’s open (draft board) at the moment, I’ve got a few boys inside asking whether I’m going to pick them or not, it’s exciting, I’m looking forward to playing with a few different faces,” Riewoldt said.

“I’m actually excited about draft night to see what the other boys are thinking.

“Certainly for us there’s all aspects of the game, we’ll be looking at rucks, key forwards, key backs and those little whippy guys that get around the ground.

“I wouldn’t mind big Maxy Gawn, I reckon he’d go all right, he’s actually liked one of my Instagram posts so I think he might be keen on the Rampage, Lachie Whitfield from the Giants as well is a guy that’s under the recruiter’s watchful eye.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/jack-riewoldt-wont-pick-jack-higgins-in-aflx-because-he-has-to-deal-with-him-every-day/news-story/ac22103035eec9b0e2448d40c990d5d8

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 07:14:03 AM »
Can't wait for this....

To be over
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2019, 09:56:01 AM »
Can't wait for this....

To be over

:clapping :clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 02:13:09 PM »
AFLX Draft: Date, rules and broadcast details revealed

THE FOUR AFLX teams will be unveiled on Wednesday February 6, with the captains taking part in a draft that will be broadcast nationally.

Each team will have 14 players (including the captain and vice-captain), with eight on the field at any one time. Consequently, 48 selections will be made on draft night.

The draft will be shown on 7Mate and Fox Footy from 7pm AEDT, as well as streamed on AFL.com.au and the AFL Live Official App.

Captains will determine the draft order on the night itself, with four pink AFLX Sherrins – labelled one to four – chosen at random.

The captains must have a good idea of who they want to select ahead of time, as they will only get a 30-second window to draft a player. If the time elapses without a selection, captains will have to fill that spot at the end of the draft.

There is also a limit on who can be selected with a maximum of four players per AFL club allowed to compete in the tournament.

The AFLX tournament itself will be held on Friday February 22 at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne, from 7pm AEDT. It will be broadcast on both the Seven Network and Foxtel, as well as live on AFL.com.au and the AFL Live App.

It will be a round-robin format with games of 10-minute halves. The top two teams will play off in a Grand Final, with 10-point supergoals also featuring in matches.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-28/aflx-draft-date-and-broadcast-details-revealed

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 02:48:59 PM »
Wot rot  :thumbsdown
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 01:38:57 PM »
Cotch not available for AFLX.

“I’m not (available for AFLX), I’ve had a little bit of a managed pre-season, so I opted to continue with my consistent of training at the footy club,” Cotchin told SEN Breakfast.

“I know there are quite a few Tigers that have put their hand up, obviously Jack (Riewoldt) being one of the captains, and there’s a bit of excitement about it.

“We’ll have to see how the team selection goes over the next couple of weeks.”

Source: SEN

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »
 :facepalm
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 05:53:29 PM »
Our Prez's thoughts:

This AFLX stuff is just ridiculous. What if one of our players gets injured? Does the AFL ask for an opinion before doing this?

AFLX has certainly divided opinions. The AFL is obviously looking for opportunities to engage different markets and potentially develop a product to take overseas. 

We understand the need to innovate but, equally, we hope all players come through injury free.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-02-05/from-the-president-feb-2019

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2019, 07:27:24 PM »
Fyfe has chosen Rance in his team.

https://twitter.com/7AFL

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2019, 07:36:18 PM »
Jack Riewoldt after Eddie Betts selects Steven May:

"I kicked ten on him last year." 😂

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1093065084299968512

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 07:47:29 PM »
30+ players picked and no Dusty or any other Tiger drafted for that matter.

OER says please stay that way :pray

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 07:59:48 PM »