Author Topic: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]  (Read 63878 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]
« Reply #390 on: November 04, 2022, 08:17:47 PM »
The issue for RCD if he wants to play full-time in any side's midfield is his tank and his ability to consistently find the ball from week to week. Being a former top 20 pick and turning 23 early next year, he will probably be given a second chance.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #391 on: November 04, 2022, 09:59:26 PM »
Yep unfortunately he has no work rate and spectates too much. Even an old junior coach of Riley said to me recently that he had been following Riley but knew he wouldn't make it after watching him play a few games earlier in the year.

"Quote "He has all the skills needed but just wouldn't gut run to the next contest"

Very sad and frustrating. Hopefully for his own sake this delisting might be a good wake up call for Riley before he gets another AFL chance. It is however disappointing that we were unable to correct his lazy attitude. I guess that's exactly why he got delisted.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #392 on: November 04, 2022, 11:33:18 PM »
I’m not as sure as you guys that he’ll get another chance. Had a very good 6 or so weeks in the vfl where he was finally able to perform consistently at a high level but as I’ve said before there are many players who do that week in week out.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #393 on: November 10, 2022, 01:03:32 PM »
BROWNLOW MEDALLIST EXPECTS DELISTED TIGER TO GET SECOND CHANCE

By Lachlan Geleit
SEN
10 November 2022

Riley Collier-Dawkins will hope to receive an AFL lifeline in 2023 after being delisted by Richmond.

The 22-year-old played 11 games for the Tigers after being taken as a first-round selection in the 2018 National Draft, failing to ever lock down a spot in the senior team.

While Collier-Dawkins never made a big impact at Punt Road, AFL Media’s Cal Twomey thinks his strong pedigree could see him earn an opportunity elsewhere as a “train-on prospect”.

“He was a first-round pick from the super draft in 2018, he just hasn’t been able to get going,” Twomey said on SEN Sportsday.

“I think it was the landing of (Tim) Taranto and (Jacob) Hopper in that midfield that squeezed him out.

“I think there’s something there to work with, I think clubs will have a look at it.

“For me, he’s more likely to be a pre-season train-on prospect, and we’ll see a bit of that.

“Players will come and get an opportunity with clubs in December and over January to prove their worth through that time for clubs to use a rookie spot on you.”

Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy was also bullish about Collier-Dawkins’ future, expecting a rival club to take a punt on the midfielder given what he showed in his short time at Tigerland.

“He’s had some good moves,” Healy said.

“He looks to me like he should be playing on a list, he looks to me like there’s a dead-set career ahead of him.

“We don’t know the inside and why he hasn’t nailed it just yet, but if you’re a first-rounder and you’ve got the athleticism he has, surely someone takes a punt on him.”

While Collier-Dawkins made just two senior appearances last season, he impressed in the VFL averaging 21.1 disposals and 5.4 tackles from 16 games.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/11/09/brownlow-medallist-expects-delisted-tiger-to-get-second-chance/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #394 on: November 26, 2022, 12:34:39 PM »
Former Richmond midfielder Riley Collier-Dawkins has flocked to South Australia to continue his football career, joining SANFL side Woodville-West Torrens.

https://www.zerohanger.com/unlucky-ex-tiger-riley-collier-dawkins-joins-sanfl-side-woodville-west-torrens-news-130441/

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: November 26, 2022, 06:49:26 PM »
So he’s not getting picked up?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: November 26, 2022, 06:59:11 PM »

Guess not.

Maybe gearing up for MSD chances.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #397 on: November 26, 2022, 08:50:42 PM »

Read the article

Only going to WWT if he doesn't get picked up
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)