Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 201277 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #270 on: May 26, 2019, 07:28:26 PM »
A nothing story so Ten News could have a story

So the kid was late, he copped a spray

Big deal.

But at least the media has got what it wanted = REACTION (over reaction)
I wouldn’t say it’s a nothing story WP.
A kid that was overlooked by every club in two drafts due to potential behavioural issues is seen to have angered his coach to the point of being physical with him.
You cannot blame the media for reporting it.

And interestingly, Dimma said in his presser least night he did the wrong thing and had apologised  :huh3
The thing I take from it is we are lucky to have Sydney Stack. Some kids would go to water if they were in Sydney’s shoes but he showed last night why he is worth the investment.

And like I said in my first post, I liked that Dimma had a crack at him, nothing wrong with taking them down a few notches if needed.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: May 28, 2019, 03:06:09 PM »
Stack has been an added spark for Richmond due to his hardness, athleticism and natural football ability. Averaging just under 17 disposals in his eight matches this season, the 19-year-old ranks ninth amongst the league in effective disposal percentage per game.

https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2019-05-28/opposing-threat-richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: May 29, 2019, 01:47:47 PM »
‘It takes a lot of courage to do that’: Star praises young Tiger

May 29, 2019
Josh Gabelich
FOX SPORTS

It was one of the most memorable moments of Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

Sydney Stack — the teenager overlooked by every club at last year’s National Draft before Richmond signed him in February — leading the Tigers war cry ahead of last Saturday night’s Dreamtime at the ‘G.

While the rest of his teammates linked arms behind him, Stack ran towards the 22 Essendon players he was about to face off against for the next two hours.

Injured Richmond star Jack Riewoldt was sitting in the coaches box and couldn’t believe what he was witnessing from a 19-year-old who was minutes away from playing just his eighth game.

“I was sitting in the coaches box and there was just an absolute roar when he went through and had a go at it. He is a great young kid,” Riewoldt said on AFL 360.

“It takes a lot of courage to do that and a bit of spunk, which he has got plenty of don’t worry about that.”

Stack has made a major impact since making his debut against Greater Western Sydney in Round 3, playing eight consecutive games for Damien Hardwick’s side to prove he is up to the level.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-star-jack-riewoldt-praises-sydney-stack-for-his-memorable-moment-at-dreamtime-at-the-g/news-story/ad3d04787cb1b4a5a58975c39354a308

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #273 on: May 29, 2019, 01:53:58 PM »
‘It takes a lot of courage to do that’: Star praises young Tiger

May 29, 2019
Josh Gabelich
FOX SPORTS

It was one of the most memorable moments of Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

Sydney Stack — the teenager overlooked by every club at last year’s National Draft before Richmond signed him in February — leading the Tigers war cry ahead of last Saturday night’s Dreamtime at the ‘G.

While the rest of his teammates linked arms behind him, Stack ran towards the 22 Essendon players he was about to face off against for the next two hours.

Injured Richmond star Jack Riewoldt was sitting in the coaches box and couldn’t believe what he was witnessing from a 19-year-old who was minutes away from playing just his eighth game.

“I was sitting in the coaches box and there was just an absolute roar when he went through and had a go at it. He is a great young kid,” Riewoldt said on AFL 360.

“It takes a lot of courage to do that and a bit of spunk, which he has got plenty of don’t worry about that.”

Stack has made a major impact since making his debut against Greater Western Sydney in Round 3, playing eight consecutive games for Damien Hardwick’s side to prove he is up to the level.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-star-jack-riewoldt-praises-sydney-stack-for-his-memorable-moment-at-dreamtime-at-the-g/news-story/ad3d04787cb1b4a5a58975c39354a308

Up to the level?
That's a fair understatement

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #274 on: May 29, 2019, 02:56:30 PM »
It was pre planned. Players and cheer squad knew

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: May 29, 2019, 05:22:57 PM »
Needs to signed asap. Clubs circling with big offers.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #276 on: May 29, 2019, 06:47:23 PM »
Freo to offer us Fyfe, Cerra & their first pick for Bolton, Stack & Pickett... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #277 on: May 29, 2019, 07:29:21 PM »
Needs to signed asap. Clubs circling with big offers.
What, all the clubs who overlooked him? You reckon he'd bugger off after one season playing for the club that has actually backed him in?

Come on
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: May 29, 2019, 08:03:30 PM »
Not saying he'll leave... but he will get offers that will be tempting. Carlton, North and Collingwood all rumoured and ready to stitch us up if they can. The sooner we sign him the better.

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #279 on: May 29, 2019, 08:15:02 PM »
Not saying he'll leave... but he will get offers that will be tempting. Carlton, North and Collingwood all rumoured and ready to stitch us up if they can. The sooner we sign him the better.

Great rumour. When did you start it?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #280 on: May 29, 2019, 08:35:03 PM »

Great rumour. When did you start it?

:rollin

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: May 29, 2019, 08:48:33 PM »
It was pre planned. Players and cheer squad knew

And practiced during the week :shh

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: May 29, 2019, 09:03:51 PM »
Lol you could have atleast thrown in the WA clubs so you could lean on the tired ‘go-home’ factor when questioned  :rollin

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2019, 11:08:03 PM »
Stack's manager is Paul Peos, who played for the Eagles and Brisbane Bears, and who has a reputation in WA of being as much a mentor as a manager. He has a long history of nurturing young talent at both the teams he played at and coached, and helping kids who need a hand make the most of their potential.

Peos is apparently a big wrap for the work Xavier Clarke has done with Stack and that respect should not be underestimated.

I have no doubt that Peos would prefer for Stack to stay at Richmond for the time being.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: May 29, 2019, 11:14:08 PM »
Lol you could have atleast thrown in the WA clubs so you could lean on the tired ‘go-home’ factor when questioned  :rollin

So from what I have heard, West Coast can't afford him because they are paying a lot for the good players on their list.

And Fremantle can't afford him because they are paying a lot for a heap of crap players on their list.