Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 200813 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #330 on: July 04, 2019, 09:36:20 AM »
Don't care if he wins it, just rapt we got him and for sweet fa, will enjoy watching him tear it up for us going forward setting the tone

Doesn't mean a lot in the end, Lewis Taylor won it over Bontempelli... who would you prefer now  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: July 04, 2019, 07:11:45 PM »
I hope he does win it as I’ve got $50 on him at $26.  (Already offering me $325 to cash out)

And I’ve got another $10 on Stack to win the Rising Star and Fyfe to win the Brownlow to win nearly $3k

Come on Stacky!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #332 on: July 04, 2019, 08:44:00 PM »
Probably cash out if that offer gets to 500. Walsh won it in pre-season
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #333 on: July 14, 2019, 05:51:09 PM »
That goal: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-07-14/round-17-stack-with-a-goty-contender

SCINTILLATING STACK
Who else would it be to get the ball rolling for Richmond other than Sydney Stack? At the six-minute mark of the first term, the excitement machine collected the loose ball, engaged in a one-two with Jack Riewoldt, effortlessly sold some candy to an opponent and dobbed it from 45 metres out with class. Eight minutes later, Stack prematurely celebrated what he thought was another goal, but comically had to be told by Bachar Houli that he in fact hit the post – much to his dismay.

Source: The Age

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: July 14, 2019, 07:09:09 PM »
If only he'd kicked the next one too oh my...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #335 on: July 15, 2019, 12:23:28 AM »
Ed & Charlie's old man melting down again....idiot's obsessed and has been freaking out for months that Stack might steal the Rising Star trinket from Walsh:

https://twitter.com/jaycee0202/status/1150260900097679360

:shh

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: July 15, 2019, 12:50:26 AM »
Class can't teach that first goal and poster.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: July 15, 2019, 04:55:12 AM »
Ed & Charlie's old man melting down again....idiot's obsessed and has been freaking out for months that Stack might steal the Rising Star trinket from Walsh:

https://twitter.com/jaycee0202/status/1150260900097679360

:shh

That's not their dad.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #338 on: July 15, 2019, 12:50:30 PM »
That's a pretty serious aspersion to  be casting on their mother.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #339 on: July 15, 2019, 01:23:21 PM »
:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #340 on: July 16, 2019, 12:44:42 PM »
Not sure what John is talking about.

Stack had 18 touches, rarely a "cheap" one, and layed 3 tackles - in what was a slightly "unders" performance for him, relative to his season so far.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #341 on: July 17, 2019, 03:23:51 PM »
How Richmond plotted to secure rising star Sydney Stack

Zero Hanger
17 July 2019

After being overlooked in both the national and pre-season draft, one of the country’s top junior talents, Sydney Stack has found himself with a spot on Richmond’s list.

New AFL rules allow clubs to leave a vacant spot on their list and sign players in the pre-season supplementary selection period, and after months of planning, Richmond jumped at the opportunity to bring Stack on board.

“The new rules opening up gave us great flexibility to say, ‘Hey, we can try before we buy’ in a sense,” Richmond recruiting manager Matt Clarke said.

“We were on the front foot early which he was really happy with, and his manager as well, to get him over and train.

“We had some really good advice from the WA talent guys as well around what that would look like if he did come over — where he would live, who he would live with and all those types of things — so we had a plan in place pretty quickly and set it in motion as quick as we could.”

Stack was one of the most exciting junior talents heading into the 2018 draft. However, despite making the 2018 U18 All Australian team and performing strongly in the 2018 National Carnival for Western Australia, Stack was overlooked but soon found himself at Richmond as a 2018-19 Pre-Season Supplemental selection.

When speaking on the Road to the Draft podcast, Clarke revealed that Richmond had been tracking Stack since he was 16 years old. The Tigers assumed that Stack would slip through both drafts last November, sending their plan into action.

“Sydney had some challenges in his life growing up. His talent was always there, there was no questioning that, and obviously we can see that now, it was just whether his commitment to football outside the football environment was at the level required,” Clarke said.

“He’d made some mistakes along the way.

“It was just a matter of finding the balance for him of actually saying … can I stay committed to football, and they were probably the doubts we had and other clubs obviously had those as well.

“Getting to the draft we had a plan that if he had got through, and our information was that he was likely to get through the national draft, not sure about the rookie draft, but we’d made some contact with his manager between both those drafts, on the night and the day after, that if that did occur he could come and train under the new rules, so we were happy to leave a spot open and go that way.

“As we got to the rookie draft once again our information was that he was going to get through and we’d offer him a lifeline to come over and train just to see how committed he was to the program.”

Immediately impressing, Stack has gone on to be a key player for Richmond this season and become the second favourite to win the Rising Star Award following his nomination after his strong performance in round 11.

https://www.zerohanger.com/how-richmond-plotted-to-secure-rising-star-sydney-stack-32177/

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: July 31, 2019, 11:12:08 PM »
I read stack has re-signed, to be announced tomorrow, on one of the tigers FB supporter pages! Great news!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #343 on: August 01, 2019, 10:24:10 AM »
Sydney Stack has signed-on for two more years at Tigerland.

Talented utility, Stack, is committed until 2021.

The talented WA product made his way onto Richmond’s list via the AFL’s new pre-season supplemental selection period, and has thrived since arriving at Tigerland.

Starting his AFL career in defence, Stack has recently moved to the forward line, and has made his presence known, booting 10 goals so far in season 2019, including a four-goal haul in Round 15 v St Kilda.

Earning a NAB Rising Star nomination in Round 11, Stack has so far delivered a season that is both exciting and consistent, averaging 17.5 disposals, 3.2 tackles and five marks.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-08-01/richmond-contract-extensions

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: August 01, 2019, 10:48:08 AM »
Just heard on SEN, that we went off from training early with a possible calf injury??

Anyone else know anything? Jackstar were you there?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S