Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 198815 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2019, 09:27:52 AM »
Stack reminds me of Wirrapanda but quicker with better evasive skills.He is going to be a wonderful player for the next 10 years.
A brilliant pick up by the club.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2019, 09:55:30 AM »
Stack reminds me of Wirrapanda but quicker with better evasive skills.He is going to be a wonderful player for the next 10 years.
A brilliant pick up by the club.

Wirrapanda is a good analogy.

They both have elite natural instincts for the game. The stuff you can't teach. Stack does so much of the little stuff that often goes unnoticed it is actually quite mind boggling to think he has only played 3 games. His decision making is amazing.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2019, 09:57:59 AM »
How long did we give him?
Reckon Freo and West Coast would be chasing hard, ya reckon he'll stay?
An absolute natural.....

Stack is very happy at the Tigers. Have it from a source very close to Shai Bolton.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2019, 11:56:27 AM »
I reckon his fitness is not a peak yet, think he can get even better

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2019, 02:20:30 PM »
Steal of the century  :shh

Looks a genuine three line player too.... :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2019, 09:51:10 PM »
Through his first three games at the top level, Stack is averaging 16.7 disposals to go with six marks and 2.3 tackles. While it's still the early goings of what he hopes becomes a long and prosperous AFL career, Stack has certainly made a strong first impression with the Tigers.

https://www.avonadvocate.com.au/story/6083157/stacking-up-sydney-continues-to-shine-on-the-afl-stage/?cs=1643

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2019, 09:52:35 PM »
Talking Footy tonight gave Stack it's defensive play of the week for winning back the ball against two Swans on the wing when Sydney was on a fast counterattack.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2019, 10:33:43 AM »
200 game player right here on talent alone.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2019, 07:58:30 PM »
Tiger sensation in talks over new contract

Jon Ralph,
Herald Sun
24 April 2019

Sydney Stack’s manager and mentor Paul Peos believes he is made for the big stage that awaits on the MCG on Anzac eve.

Coach and former landlord Damien Hardwick pays him the ultimate tribute of declaring he plays the Richmond way.

Yet Hardwick has a bone to pick with the first-year phenomenon, a player considered so high maintenance every other club except Carlton ran away at a rate of knots.

“He’s not shy in confidence. He texts me every day to ask what time training is. I tell him I am the coach, I am not the training coordinator……” Hardwick said today.

“But he has just been a breath of fresh air for our footy club.

“It’s a remarkable story, isn’t it. That he went past all players in the draft.

“How clean is he with the ball? We showed some vision to our players where he stood over the ball when oncoming traffic was coming and he didn’t flinch. That’s the kind of Richmond player we want and he fits the mould really well.”

If Stack isn’t the best story in the AFL this year he’s on the podium.

Kicked out of the AFL Academy and WA state academy rep squads despite his immense talent, he was overlooked in 78 national draft picks and 40 rookie selections last year.

Then, as Carlton also circled, he bunked in with coach Hardwick over summer and proved he had the fortitude and professionalism to make in AFL ranks.

So far in three AFL games a player finally picked through the new rookie rule has mixed composure with rugged defence, winning 22 poised possessions in the victory over Sydney.

Peos told the Herald Sun his client was thriving on the routine of AFL after moving to the home of development manager Xavier Clark.

So much so that he has already had discussions with list manager Blair Hartley about extending his contract past the current rookie deal of $75,000 plus match payments.

“You can reference it in regards to footy character and personal character,” he said.

“The footy character has never been any different. When he has a footy schedule he has never wavered much if at all. When he hasn’t got that in his life he finds it a bit tougher with how to fill time. But he loves being part of a team and he is a really driven player.

“Richmond were one of the clubs that did some due diligence work around Sydney and I think like all boys it was pretty hard early but Sydney has been on the move a bit for most of his life anyway. He did miss some elements of his family knowing they were a long way away.

“His dad has been unwell and he has strong family connections but he is really engaged about what is in front of him, and I think the MCG is going to suit this boy very well indeed.

“He has a real knack for the occasion and I reckon he will be looking forward to this one very much.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-tuesday-april-23-2019/live-coverage/ab17636bea3f0989d55eb80ad865e97e

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2019, 08:32:49 PM »
How often does a kid tank after getting a bit of media adulation?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2019, 10:14:09 PM »
Doubt he'll tank against Melbourne. There will be a time
When there is a form lull but he will be fine.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2019, 12:05:31 AM »
Tiger sensation in talks over new contract

Jon Ralph,
Herald Sun
24 April 2019

“How clean is he with the ball? We showed some vision to our players where he stood over the ball when oncoming traffic was coming and he didn’t flinch. That’s the kind of Richmond player we want and he fits the mould really well.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-tuesday-april-23-2019/live-coverage/ab17636bea3f0989d55eb80ad865e97e
Then why are we playing B. Ellis? :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2019, 01:21:33 AM »
....or Lambert... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2019, 10:27:29 PM »
Amazing for an 18 year old to be so composed, clean and tough as nails. Loved his good old fashioned hip and shoulder on Viney. All fair and Syd sure didn't miss him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2019, 11:18:11 PM »
Commentator - (I think it was Ling?)  "I hope Viney was wearing his Stack hat"! 
A rare gem from the 'tator' team ...     :lol
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!