Author Topic: VFL R12: Richmond vs Werribee @ Punt Rd, Sun. June 11  (Read 3152 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: VFL R12: Richmond vs Werribee @ Punt Rd, Sun. June 11
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2023, 05:49:40 PM »
LMAO - hasn't just been playing tiddlywinks & kick to kick with his school mates until now....still not a kid.  :shh :shh
Just turned 22 last month and as far as a playing at a decent level he's only played 3 SANFL games and 2 VFL games - all in this year. He's inexperienced, lightly-framed and with not one AFL preseason behind him. As far as AFL goes, he's still a "kid". Some footballers are late developers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2023, 02:26:49 PM »
VFL Report: Round 12

Richmond VFL coach Steve Morris provides a summary of how the Tigers’ players performed in Sunday's loss to Werribee at the Swinburne Centre.

Sam Banks (24 disposals, five marks, five rebound-50s, one goal)

"He's been fantastic for the best part of two months now. He's putting a fantastic block of footy together and he'll be ready when the opportunity presents at AFL level."

Tom Brown (22 disposals, eight rebound-50s, two marks)

"A really pleasing effort from him on the back off his first game back from injury last week. It was clear that he wanted the footy in his hands and I thought he was pretty solid defensively as well."

Tyler Sonsie (21 disposals, five tackles, three clearances)

"Some really good defensive efforts from him which was pleasing to see. As a whole, our midfield group got beaten on the day, but he didn't stop trying."

James Trezise (14 disposals, seven marks, four tackles)

"Had another good game. In the contest he was good, but aerially was where he really stood out. He took some really good intercept marks and kick-started some good offensive chains for us."

Thomson Dow (12 disposals, four marks, four tackles)

"He was probably a bit of a victim of the fact he's played very little footy over the past month. We've got really great confidence in him that he will bounce back this week against Sandringham."

Ben Miller (10 disposals, nine hit-outs, three marks)

"He was by far the standout player on the ground in the first half from a keys points of view. He went back in the second half to try and steady the ship but didn't have the impact we would like from him."

Matt Coulthard (nine disposals, three inside-50s, one mark)

"Obviously very new to our program and still working through the way that we play. No doubt he'll be better for the run in Richmond colours once again. He's an exciting player for us."

Kaelan Bradtke (nine disposals, three marks, one goal)

"Took a couple of contested marks and hit the scoreboard with one goal, but we're probably looking for him to have a bigger influence on aerial contests that he's not able to win, and follow up at ground level."

Bigoa Nyuon (nine disposals, 15 hit-outs, four tackles)

"Played both in the ruck and up forward and just wasn't able to generate the opportunities that he did the week before."

Steely Green (nine disposals, four marks)

"Once again got to some really good areas and was able to generate three shots on goal and put significant pressure on the opposition. But he just didn't have that impact on the game that we would have liked him to have."

Maurice Rioli (six disposals, four tackles, two inside-50s)

"Whilst his numbers weren't high, you could see that he was switched on to have an impact on the game, right from the outset. His chase pressure was really evident."

Jacob Bauer (two disposals, one mark)

"I was disappointed in Jacob's first-half from a defensive point of view, I just felt that he could have been tighter on his opponent and that would have given him more opportunities to impact the game."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1357764

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2023, 09:37:48 PM »
Maurice 6 touches is a worry. Can we play him in the guts and get him some more leather. I'm concerned his development will be ordinary if all he's focussed on doing is forward pressure tackling.
Go Tigers!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2023, 09:43:14 PM »
I agree, it’s a confidence killer playing small forward these days. Maybe a run as a back pocket