Author Topic: Majak Daw  (Read 1150 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Majak Daw
« on: December 18, 2018, 03:49:57 PM »
The AFL community has thrown its support behind Majak Daw who is recovering in hospital after a serious incident at the Bolte Bridge last night.

Emergency services rescued North Melbourne player Daw, 27, who was found in the Yarra River at the Docklands, just west of Melbourne’s CBD, about 11pm last night.

Daw is believed to have suffered a broken hip but the injury is not life-threatening.

The incident prompted former premiership player and mental health advocate Wayne Schwass to hit out at the AFL industry over its handling of player welfare.

The Kangaroos confirmed Daw was in a stable condition in hospital.

“The North Melbourne Football Club can confirm Majak Daw is recovering in hospital after an incident last night,” the club said in a statement.

“At this stage the full extent of his injuries are unknown, however he is in a stable condition.

“The club is providing full support to Majak and his family and will give a further update when it is in a position to do so.

“We understand the level of interest but ask the privacy of the player, his family, teammates and staff at the club be respected at this sensitive time.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/afl-player-majak-daw-in-hospital-after-serious-incident-on-bolte-bridge/news-story/38980aefe9fb8822578fff081afd6aba

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Majak Daw
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 06:52:01 PM »
Not good.

Hope he makes a full recovery.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Majak Daw
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 07:01:39 PM »
Woah not good.