Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh - 2019 expectations?  (Read 6580 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kamdyn McIntosh - 2019 expectations?
« on: February 15, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »
What are your expectations for KMac this year and what would be a good season for him to keep his spot in our best 22?

Career stats to date:
          Games  Kicks   Hballs  Disp.  Marks  Tackles  G.B    Clear.  In50   Re50   CP    UP   1%ers
2015      23     10.5     4.8     15.3    4.1      2.6       8.8     1.1     2.5     2.0     4.4  10.5    1.4
2016        6     12.2     5.8     18.0    5.0      2.3       0.1     1.0     2.0     4.0
2017      24       9.6     5.3     14.9    3.5      3.2       2.5     0.4     2.7     1.9
2018      21       9.4     4.5     13.9    3.1      2.0       9.3     0.8     3.0     1.8

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=2508
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--kamdyn-mcintosh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh - 2019 expectations?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 03:36:29 PM »
In his own words ....

The 24-year-old turned heads in last year’s qualifying win over Hawthorn with an electric three-goal performance. 

His 2018 season featured a total of nine goals, his best to date, sparking motivation to better it again this year.

“Kicking a few snags last year was pretty cool,” McIntosh said.

“It’s always nice to get that adrenaline pumping…. I’d like to kick a few more goals this year if I can.”

After reaching new heights this pre-season, it appears he is already on his way.

“I’m going into my seventh year now and to think I’m still hitting personal bests is just a credit to the fitness staff and the physio group we have here,” he said.

“At the moment, out on the track, I’m moving well and ready to start things off for the season.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-02-14/fit-and-firing-tiger-cubs-impress-mcintosh

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 03:46:23 PM »
statistically horrible for a big mid.Throw in just 2 contested marks all yr and the constant fumbles and the last two seasons he has become a liability.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 05:12:34 PM »
He's an important link up. You wish he could break a few more lines because he's got some pretty good pace for a big man. I feel he is important when opponents go for the down the line kicks because his size helps us at least nullify the contest so we can get repeat entries.

Definitely a weakness of his game is when he has ball in hand. If he can be that little bit more damaging or at the very least get a few more metres gained per possession he would be an absolute asset

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 05:30:42 PM »
I'd be making sure that he gets his currency up this year and then parcel him up with a pick to Fremantle for Cerra in 2020!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 05:32:42 PM »
I’ll say the same thing I said on this same thread before last season. He is in the bottom 3 players of the 22, improvement from those beneath him and the new boys drafted should see him lose his spot unless he can improve his own performances.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 07:46:02 PM »
I get the knock on this fella, but I think his value to Dimma's game plan should not be underestimated.

He has good pace and a massive tank. I think a big part of his role is to fill space defensively when we don't have the ball (his low tackle numbers suggest this anyway). This helps infer pressure on the ball carrier so that those guys attacking the ball carrier have a better chance of creating the turnover, either at the contest or when the ball carrier disposes of the ball.

I understand that Broad's role/value to the team is similar.

I am not suggesting for a minute that our newer players can't do this, but McIntosh has a few preseasons on them.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 10:18:25 PM »
He is an athlete first, footballer 2nd, personally I think hi
s skills are below par but when in full flight on the wing and cuts back inside, not many can stop him, if he could deliver from there....
IMHO In our best 18....just

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 03:23:14 PM »
I get the knock on this fella, but I think his value to Dimma's game plan should not be underestimated.

He has good pace and a massive tank. I think a big part of his role is to fill space defensively when we don't have the ball (his low tackle numbers suggest this anyway). This helps infer pressure on the ball carrier so that those guys attacking the ball carrier have a better chance of creating the turnover, either at the contest or when the ball carrier disposes of the ball.

I am not suggesting for a minute that our newer players can't do this, but McIntosh has a few preseasons on them.

This post is spot on, the rest are superficial posts
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 03:43:08 PM »

I wouldn't call them superficial. They are just opinions. Just because you may not agree with them doesn't make them superficial. And that isn't an opinion. It is a fact.

As an aside, I agree with Slipper on his role in the team. He obviously carries out the orders given to him by the coaches and thus he continues to be selected. That is the number one criteria for selection - the ability to perform the role you have been instructed to perform. It would be, however, nice to see him improve his disposal efficiency, as he is a good kick and that will elevate him to be a far better player for us.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 04:21:13 PM »
It would be, however, nice to see him improve his disposal efficiency, as he is a good kick and that will elevate him to be a far better player for us.

Yep. Could certainly be more damaging with the ball. Will be interesting to see if he gets better disposal going I50 with a second genuine tall target who can mark.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 09:45:32 PM »

I wouldn't call them superficial. They are just opinions. Just because you may not agree with them doesn't make them superficial. And that isn't an opinion. It is a fact.

As an aside, I agree with Slipper on his role in the team. He obviously carries out the orders given to him by the coaches and thus he continues to be selected. That is the number one criteria for selection - the ability to perform the role you have been instructed to perform. It would be, however, nice to see him improve his disposal efficiency, as he is a good kick and that will elevate him to be a far better player for us.

I honesty don’t know why you feel the need to chip in with your condescending opinions on others.
Do you think being a doctor and a coterie (or whatever you are) gives you some special power to judge others?
Mine is an opinion, like yours. If you and others don’t agree then fine - it’s a forum.
What I posted was far more about Slippers post, I just chose to contrast the quality of it to the others which in my opinion are far less insightful and overlook the other dimensions to KMac’s footy that aren’t stat related.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 12:35:07 AM »

I honesty don’t know why you feel the need to chip in with your condescending opinions on others.
Do you think being a doctor and a coterie (or whatever you are) gives you some special power to judge others?
Mine is an opinion, like yours. If you and others don’t agree then fine - it’s a forum.
What I posted was far more about Slippers post, I just chose to contrast the quality of it to the others which in my opinion are far less insightful and overlook the other dimensions to KMac’s footy that aren’t stat related.
LMAO. You are the one who was condescending in the first place calling their posts superficial. Now you are getting personal too.

Why don't you pull your head in and not be rude? If you think that posts are superficial, just ignore them. Why even describe them that way? Just praise the good posts but don't denigrate others. See how you retaliated with a little criticism of yours?
If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Actually don't dish it out at all and we'd all be happy.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2019, 10:42:24 AM »
Please move on - nothing to see here :scream

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 07:24:23 PM »

LMAO. You are the one who was condescending in the first place calling their posts superficial. Now you are getting personal too.

Why don't you pull your head in and not be rude? If you think that posts are superficial, just ignore them. Why even describe them that way? Just praise the good posts but don't denigrate others. See how you retaliated with a little criticism of yours?
If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Actually don't dish it out at all and we'd all be happy.

If we all ignored posts because we didn’t like them, we’d barely have a forum. How am I denigrating anyone? I called the posts superficial, not the person. And they are superficial posts - particularly Claws.
 That’s not denigrating any person which makes you wrong.
Read it again.
Think.