Author Topic: Who is your 2006 scapegoat?  (Read 1688 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Who is your 2006 scapegoat?
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:52:19 AM »
Has to be krak. He was seriously poo last night and is no more use to us in this form than a first-year player.

Bulluss

Re: Who is your 2006 scapegoat?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:53:47 AM »
Krak, tiv, johnson, cogs, pattison etc etc

there was about 20 of them last night.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 10:19:22 AM »
When I saw the tittle of the thread Krap came to mind - So him until he proves me wrong, I aint holding my breath. :help :cheers :sleep :bow :scream :thumbsup :shh :lol :rollin :wallywink :banghead :santa :birthday :pray :clapping :whistle

Moi

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 10:35:08 AM »
Well, i would like to see Tivva have a rest this year and just see how he goes.  Little glimpses last night of what he could do, but also the same stuff as last year.  He looked like he was having a go at least.

I'm not gonna pick on the kids and the lesser lights - i reckon we should start at the top and have a go at Johnson.  He's the supposed leader of this rabble, and many times last year it was the kids leading - a la Lids and Hyde and others.

He is as good a captain as i would be - not good lol - and the buck should stop with him i reckon.  I was amazed at his stats last night - over 20 possessions, but how efective were they?  One play in the third quarter where he was on his own with two leading Tiger players on their own and he kicks it over their heads for the Dogs to clear. 

Players like that are supposed to set the example, and he's not, so i reckon we should take a real good look at how good he is leading this club and whether he shouldn't accept some of the blame for performances like last night.

Jackstar

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 11:26:05 AM »
They say the Richie Vandenberg is the worst captain and a bit of a joke.
Have a look in our own backyard, oh boy !
Couldnt lead the local boy scouts . Johnsons kicking is appalling !

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 11:27:20 AM »
With that performance you could have a new scapegoat every week it would be like a lottery.

I have only had a go at one player so far but, to be fair, it's not like he was on his own.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 11:43:05 AM »
Johnson, Coughlan, and Kellaway.  Johnson is the most overrated player in the league.  Coughlan is really struggling to have any impact for a senior player, too slow, shocking skills.  And Kellaway - the "invisible man" seems to always avoid any criticism yet does absolutely nothing (he probably avoids criticism because his game is so conservative - ie get ball, chip sideways, that he doesn't make glaring errors.  Nevertheless is totally worthless).
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Jackstar

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 11:47:43 AM »
We have long term troubles. Both Kellaway and Gaspar would possably retire at the end of year.
Back to Scapegoats. Krak and Rodan,Johnson, etc etc

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 11:55:45 AM »
Game hasnt only gone past Kellaway and Gaspar its also gone past Stafford and im afraid it may go speeding past others like Pattison, Schulz and Richo in a hurry too. Midfield players like Johnson, Tivendale, Rodan, Krakouer, Hyde, Foley are in trouble in terms of skills, and speed. I dont have any confidence in the Bowdens, and players like Chaffey, Hall are not premiership players. We have more than afew long term troubles Jacko!

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »
I've been shafting Krak for a while now, and whist its still fun to do, I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things. I've got Patrick Bowden in my sights this year. Just waiting to give him a spray. He was good last night but I'm convinced he'll be a waste of a pick lol.

Others that are up for my spleen are Kayne Pettifer (despite his skills I still think he has a pea heart), Jay Schulz (how many games does he need to do farrk all in before we're convinced he's a dud?) and Joel Bowden (should he revert to 2003 form).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 04:24:42 PM »
Spud  ;).

It's funny how we can see different things. I thought Johnson apart from one glaring mistake used the ball pretty well last night and would of been in our best 4 players while Patrick Bowden got a fair bit of it but made one dumb decision after the other.

As for scapegoats - our second tier of midfielders would be numero uno. As Wallace said today the doggies have 14 bonafide midfielders. We'd be lucky to have 3 or 4. All the opposition have to do is smash us physcially in the first half and we'll run out of puff in the second because we have no second tier good enough to rotate through the middle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 07:20:54 PM »

It's funny how we can see different things. I thought Johnson apart from one glaring mistake used the ball pretty well last night and would of been in our best 4 players while Patrick Bowden got a fair bit of it but made one dumb decision after the other.

Actually I thought he (Johnson) was OK last night compared to some others - who we never seem to criticise but refer to as champions  ;) - differing opinions are a wonderful thing aren't they :lol

Thought Bowden P, was OK too.

Before the season I would have said Tiv but I reckon Tiv was one of our best last night - so that probably is an indication of how crap we were and that's being polite :thumbsup

The stats say Tiv had only 2 clangers and I'd go along with that

I will wait until after round 4 to detemine who my scap goat's going to be - I think I may have some new faces next week to choose from  :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 01:45:01 AM »
I dont have scapegoats per say.

I'll spray any bastard that puts in an insipid performance when representing the RFC.

As we all know,such performances represent us and I dont like looking like a wacko,weak minded gutless fraud.

Expect the oxx of old in 06 when these pansies drop their petals in fear.

Look out u duds !!!

Moi

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 06:48:40 AM »
Expect the oxx of old in 06 when these pansies drop their petals in fear.

Look out u duds !!!
When did you stop lol
I'm inclined to agree with you - i've protected a lot of them in the past for whatever reason (probably had some hope more than anything that they would come good again), but after last week and that gutless performance, and being disgraced with the label we poo ourselves against a group of "young" kids from the Bulldogs), well it's time they were put under a microscope (all of them - even Rainsey lol).  No player should be immune this year - and nor should the coach.  I'm not saying get rid of him, but his performances should be dissected as well. 

If there weren't so many you could drop this week, i would start with Krak - done absolutely nothing for however long he's been at the club.  A couple of brilliant goals in that period and nothing else shouldn't enable you to hold your position in the side.  I reckon Terry and the others thought like me - they lived in hope that they would come good.  Well, it ain't happening and the list is getting bigger of players we hope will come good  ::)  We've got a seconds team - use it not just for the kids, but for disciplinary and poor form as well.  Showing faith in a player is one thing, but when his form spreads like a cancer to the rest of the team where they think if i have a bad game i'm not going to be dropped and play accordingly, you start to get performances like last week.

There might be problems with infighting or whatever, but this has been happening for years and doubt very much the players fighting among themselves is the problem.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 06:06:41 PM »
Every player thats played over 100 game deserves criticism

Every player that's played over 150 games is a legitimate scapegoat