Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton @ the MCG, Round 1, 2019  (Read 14499 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton @ the MCG, Round 1, 2019
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2019, 08:56:59 PM »

Nank was huge tonight  :cheers
Nank should have been huge playing against a second stringer. Lets see how he goes against Grundy next week and lets see if his ruckwork has improved against a front liner.
good for you im talking about expectations so we are on a different page.
We should all expect our front line ruckman to perform well against a second stringer or do you disagree.In saying that i agree  he did what was needed.

I am not talking about a future game, I am giving Nank credit for a great game in round 1. I am also interested in seeing how he goes against the best ruckman in the comp this week...being competitive would be a good result. Be happy for a player....
[/quote]

I was acknowledging his performance against the oppositions selected first ruckman. Nank was aggressive and moved around the ground like a mid...a very good performance. I trust he will provide an acceptable contest against the best ruckman in the business this week.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 09:53:34 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2019, 09:22:55 PM »
No, I'm with Claw on this one. If Nank doesn't go close to beating Grundy...he has to be dropped and replaced in the ruck by Jack Ross
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2019, 09:54:08 PM »
Enough with the insults and baiting  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2019, 10:27:37 PM »
No, I'm with Claw on this one. If Nank doesn't go close to beating Grundy...he has to be dropped and replaced in the ruck by Jack Ross

Can we get the Knob out of retirement, you can never have enough good tap ruckman

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2019, 10:43:58 PM »

Can we get the Knob out of retirement, you can never have enough good tap ruckman

If Claw approves, the knob is probably 40 now though. he likes his ruckman younger.

and before a mod goes ape on me and chuckster, by knob, we mean big T-Bone Knobel. Great guy, got a lot of class and heart
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2019, 06:25:01 PM »
All clear for us from the MRO.

Liam Jones, Carlton, has been charged with engaging in Rough Conduct against Jack Riewoldt, Richmond during the second quarter of the Round One match between Carlton and Richmond, played at the MCG on Thursday March 21, 2019.

In summary he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Intentional Conduct with Low Impact to the Body. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-25/match-review-full-statement-from-round-one

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2019, 06:25:53 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Bolton)

CARLTON v RICHMOND

10 Trent Cotchin (RICH)
8 Kane Lambert (RICH)
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
4 Toby Nankervis (RICH)
1 Kamdyn McIntosh (RICH)
1 Dustin Martin (RICH)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-25/aflca-votes-round-one-star-dog-ports-fivegoal-hero-off-to-a-flyer

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2019, 10:54:27 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Bolton)

Just goes to show how utterly forgettable and irrelelvant Carlton are these days -  at first I was wondering why Shai was awarding coaches votes .... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2019, 09:41:53 AM »

He lives down here in Maffra, i'll have a word
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2019, 07:33:29 PM »

He lives down here in Maffra, i'll have a word

Can you also send my regards to Tigermonk.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.