Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Pies?  (Read 5773 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Changes for next week against the Pies?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2019, 11:13:23 PM »
Moore is a tall utilty whose best positions are in defence and on the wing...can also play relief ruck....he's a third tall forward at best at AFL level....  :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2019, 04:40:56 PM »
Moore is a tall utilty whose best positions are in defence and on the wing...can also play relief ruck....he's a third tall forward at best at AFL level....  :shh
Too short (193cm) to ruck now under the new rules.

Moore is only one cm shorter than Rance though so he is tall enough to play key defence if Dimma and co. want him to.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2019, 07:35:55 PM »
Too short (193cm) to ruck now under the new rules.

Moore is only one cm shorter than Rance though so he is tall enough to play key defence if Dimma and co. want him to.
Hard to know exact heights. At the pre-draft analysis Matt Clarke said that Balta was now 196cm although the RFC webpage have him listed at 194cm.... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2019, 07:57:51 PM »
He's tall enough to be a relief ruck which is usually the second and more ofhten the third option...only has to keep the opposing ruckman honest for a cuople of contests a quarter at the most....i;e. better than relying on the likes of Grigg..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2019, 12:57:03 AM »
Out - Rance and Butler
In - Ross and Stack

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2019, 08:42:22 PM »
Against the pies give me more big bodies and no softies.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2019, 08:56:37 PM »
the last time i looked Callum moore is a fwd regardless of labels.  It aint hard play him as a  third tall FORWARD and move Balta to the backline  a bloke who looks like a defender more than anything else.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2019, 09:01:03 PM »
Would not be shocked to see Soldo selected as the Pies have 2 ruckman in their team. For mine we need leg speed...George might be called up. I would prefer Markov or Menadue selected.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2019, 09:47:44 PM »
I having a sneaking suspicion about Menadue as well.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2019, 06:50:30 PM »
Ch 7 news showed Houli going in for a scan on his hammy. Houli said he felt something tight like it was cramp. Mark Stevens said Houli should still play on Thursday night.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2019, 09:31:35 PM »
Ch 7 news showed Houli going in for a scan on his hammy. Houli said he felt something tight like it was cramp. Mark Stevens said Houli should still play on Thursday night.

I saw Houli reach for his hammy in the last - I don’t think he came out off but wondered how he might react once he cooled down...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2019, 09:36:13 PM »

I saw Houli reach for his hammy in the last - I don’t think he came out off but wondered how he might react once he cooled down...
Yep, saw that too and told my mates that it looks like he's done his hammy, but moments later he looked ok.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2019, 09:41:43 PM »

Yep, saw that too and told my mates that it looks like he's done his hammy, but moments later he looked ok.

Happened right in front of us. Looked bad he nwver really grabbed at it like most players do when it "pings". He went off and came back on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2019, 09:49:43 PM »
Balmey saying Garth is unlikely to come in. The ins likely to come from Ellis, Markov & Ross.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rance's heir apparent unlikely to face Magpies

AFL.com.au
Ben Guthrie
Mar 25, 2019 6:48PM

RICHMOND is still working out how best to replace Alex Rance, but it's unlikely his nominated long-term successor, Ryan Garthwaite, will be called upon to fill the void against Collingwood on Thursday night.

Garthwaite, who played two matches in 2018 when David Astbury was out, was on managed minutes in his return from an Achilles injury in Thursday evening's VFL practice match against Northern Blues.

Richmond football manager Neil Balme said Garthwaite would probably need more game time before being considered for senior selection.

"He only played about 50 per cent of the game so it would be pretty unlikely that we'd pick him this week, but we haven't been through that process yet," Balme told AFL.com.au.

"It's not out of the question completely but it wouldn't be ideal."

Balme said Garthwaite had overcome a "grumbly Achilles" and had been in full training for several weeks to make himself available to play.

The 20-year-old will look to get more mileage into his legs to give himself the best chance of being recalled for an extended period of time throughout 2019, according to Balme.

Balme said there was also an option of pushing the versatile Noah Balta, who made his debut against Carlton in round one, into defence.

"He's played a reasonable amount of defence in the VFL last year, plus forward," Balme said.

"It's a matter of what we decide to do with our players and the structure of the side."

Balme said the make-up of Collingwood's forward line, which features medium-sized forwards Jordan De Goey, Jamie Elliott and Jaidyn Stephenson, would also be considered in the selection process.

With the Tigers to make at least one forced change, Balme said Brandon Ellis, Oleg Markov and Jack Ross would all come into the mix to face the Pies.

Ellis racked up 40 disposals against Northern Blues after missing out on selection in round one, while Markov and Ross were also among the top performers.

"They're always in the picture. If you haven't got 22 to pick from each week you're in a bit of trouble," Balme said.

"Some blokes were a bit stiff not to get a game, but we're certainly considering those guys."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-25/rances-heir-apparent-unlikely-to-face-magpies

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2019, 09:50:43 PM »
It depends how he cools down I guess, my gut says he might be in doubt
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.