Author Topic: 2019 should be an educational year  (Read 8020 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 2019 should be an educational year
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »
I think 2019 should be an educational year for our club.
Games should be put into Collier Dawkins Ross Coleman Jones
Stack and Balta. Really focus on developing the next core group of players. Even the likes of Naish and the other young draftees
We need a real focus on development in 2019. I think this focus will help us compete strongly in 2020 and beyond.
If we dish up more of the same as we have so far this season over the next couple of weeks then we'll have no choice but to look at 2020.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »
People underestimate the importance of Rance. Rance made Astbury and Grimes better players by just being in the side with them. People will soon understand how great a defender Rance is because his teammates in defence will be exposed to better players in opposition teams who will take advantage. The loss of Riewoldt for 4 to 6 is also a major setback. Dustin Martin hasnt fired a shot yet in 2019 and our smalls are not employing the pressure of the past. I think playing some kids would be good for the team.

Everything unfortunately is coming to pass.
Ramps is wrong. Yes, Rance made Astbury better....to an extent. Not Grimes though. The back 6 has been a great unit with Rance the star of it. But it was an effort by all 6 to allow Rance to be what he was.

Not looking like that at the moment.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2019, 07:39:36 PM »
Stack and Balta. Really focus on developing the next core group of players. Even the likes of Naish and the other young draftees
We need a real focus on development in 2019. I think this focus will help us compete strongly in 2020 and beyond.
If we dish up more of the same as we have so far this season over the next couple of weeks then we'll have no choice but to look at 2020.

Time has come.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2019, 07:46:41 PM »

Time has come.
The old saying is if you're not a top 4 side genuinely challenging for the flag then you might as well be a bottom 4 side. Probably not the week to talk about playing for a high draft pick to gain access to a quality A-grade young ballwinning midfielder but we need more quality in the guts.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2019, 07:48:48 PM »

Time has come.
The old saying is if you're not a top 4 side genuinely challenging for the flag then you might as well be a bottom 4 side. Probably not the week to talk about playing for a high draft pick to gain access to a quality A-grade young ballwinning midfielder but we need more quality in the guts.

Cerra come on down in 2020

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2019, 07:55:16 PM »

Time has come.

Cerra come on down in 2020
Don't know if we have the salary cap space to chase quality opposition players. Grigg and Houli retiring and Ellis going will free up some TPP but if we're going to have a poor season then we should use our early pick in the draft and go back to drafting and developing our own stars. Geelong after 2006 drafted Selwood and bounced back to win the flag.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2019, 10:51:36 PM »
you may be right now ramps.

Cotch done for 2 weeks with dusty, and short for 2 months

our season is officially over

shame we didnt win that flag last year as it looks like we wont win another one with this group, so only thing we should do is reload on the draft.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 11:20:35 AM »
If we find 3 or 4 youngsters this year then 2019 will have been a success. We seemed to have found Sydney Stack and Noah Balta will be ok. Id like to see Jack Ross and RCD come in as midfield options and Callum Coleman Jones in as a forward ruck. Anything else would be a huge bonus.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2019, 05:24:16 PM »
2019 HAS been an educational year..... we’re learning how to lose
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.