Author Topic: Changes for the Port game?  (Read 8175 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Changes for the Port game?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2019, 12:25:30 PM »
How'd Vlastuin go in the 2nd half? I only watched the first 2 quarters before heading out for the night. He was terrible in the first, haven't seen anyone have a dip at him so I assume he was close to our best 2nd half?

Literally too many who could go out. I'd like to see Townsend back in. Feels like old days though, wanting to bring blokes in with limitations because they put their head over it. Still, would rather see 22 having a crack than blokes running scared all day

Vlastuin had a shocker....and now he's our captain.... :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2019, 12:29:37 PM »
Need Townsend in , why ?
Inside 50,s yesterday was about even
Our inability to keep ball in and score is a huge issue this year irrelevant of what other issues we have
We aren’t defending the forward third of the ground at all
Way too many goals being scored by slingshot and ease of transition by opposition teams out of our F50
Needs to be fixed ASAP

Spot on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

strongandbold

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2019, 12:30:59 PM »
How'd Vlastuin go in the 2nd half? I only watched the first 2 quarters before heading out for the night. He was terrible in the first, haven't seen anyone have a dip at him so I assume he was close to our best 2nd half?

Literally too many who could go out. I'd like to see Townsend back in. Feels like old days though, wanting to bring blokes in with limitations because they put their head over it. Still, would rather see 22 having a crack than blokes running scared all day

Vlastuin had a shocker....and now he's our captain.... :shh

Floss is a champ

Had a poor game yesterday but will get back into it.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2019, 12:31:36 PM »
I've always loved what Townsend brings to the game. We sorely lack mongrel and perceived threat. He provides that in spades. Hope he gets a gig this week.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2019, 01:14:18 PM »
Agree need Townsend's aggression and tackling

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »
If Townsend could even just be serviceable in the midfield at AFL level he'd be very handy... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »
I would also bring in Townsend if only just for the aggression.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 10:35:49 PM »
no less than 5 changes with two of them being forced.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2019, 04:27:10 AM »
The Barometer - Round 4

Tim Michell
Herald-Sun
8 April 2019

RICHMOND

The Tigers effectively played with 21 after Jayden Short dislocated his elbow and was in a sling from the opening minutes of their loss to GWS Giants. Damien Hardwick has three holes to fill in defence for the next few weeks, with Short and Bachar Houli missing from the halfback line and Alex Rance out for the rest of the season.

Jack Riewoldt will also be out for most of April with an arm injury, stretching Richmond’s depth. Noah Balta was recalled to fill the back-up ruck role with Shaun Grigg out indefinitely with a knee injury.

First-gamer Sydney Stack should hold his spot for at least a few weeks after he was one of Richmond’s best on debut, while Josh Caddy is expected to return after featuring against Geelong in the VFL.

Jack Ross could also be in line to debut after he had 21 disposals and 10 tackles against the Cats. Ross was taken at pick No.43 in last year’s draft and has been listed as an emergency in the early rounds.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/barometer-all-the-latest-injury-news-at-your-club-after-round-3/news-story/e2c8a36630822b6c732ebda1a39f8fe5

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2019, 09:47:52 AM »
OUT:

Butler! Markov! Ellis! Castanga! Short (elbow) Cotchin (hamstring) Martin (suspended)

IN:

Caddy, Grimes, Ross, Bolton, Houli (if fit) or Townsend use as a tagger

Time for Rioli, Bolton, Stack to spark up the ground!

DON’T THINK THERE WILL BE 7 CHANGES!

OUT: Cotchin, Short (Injured), Martin (suspended), Butler (omitted)

IN: Ross, Grimes, Caddy, Bolton

Team v Port Adelaide

B: Stack, Astbury, Grimes

HB: Vlastuin, Garthwaite, Broad

C: Ellis, Lambert, McIntosh

HF: Caddy, Balta, Higgins

F: Rioli, Lynch, Bolton

R: Nankervis, Edwards, Prestia

I: Graham, Castanga, Ross, Markov

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2019, 09:50:52 AM »
OUT:

Butler! Markov! Ellis! Castanga! Short (elbow) Cotchin (hamstring) Martin (suspended)

IN:

Team v Port Adelaide

Maybe Toner for Castagna?

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2019, 09:53:32 AM »
OUT:

IN:

Team v Port Adelaide

Maybe Toner for Castagna?

Maybe??? I think the mid-forwards have been making the most impact in the competition as teams are hitting targets I50, which we are not doing!

Townsend for Bulter or Castanga or Markov!

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2019, 10:42:34 AM »
I've always loved what Townsend brings to the game. We sorely lack mongrel and perceived threat. He provides that in spades. Hope he gets a gig this week.

The forward pressure we won the flag on was both a real pressure and a perceived pressure. Defenders felt they needed to rush kicks  even when nobody was coming at them because they expected somebody to be coming and coming fast. They dont feel that now because the pressure has not be there to put that thought into their head. Townsend was a big part of that along with Butler, Rioli , Castanga , Edwards and even Jack. Three of those six were not there. Castanga and Butler have been terrible. Lynch is a new threat in the air but he is no Jack as far as the pressure goes. So the game plan is not working.

Whats plan B? Well thankfully Im not there in the meetings as I dont have a clue as how to fix this. Sure we could bring in players like Bolton and Townsend but I dont think we will get that pressure back again for a while.

Favorites going into the Season but with lack of form, injuries and needing a new game plan I am thinking we are a long way off atm.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2019, 11:38:40 AM »
Pressure started because we brought young, hungry talent from inside and outside the club. Butler, Georgie, Rioli, Nank, Caddy, Prestia, Short, Towner, Graham and even Higgins have all come in since end of 2016 and brought a freshness and energy that delivered a manic intensity and ball and opposition.
That’s diminished in back half of last year and evaporated this year. There’s some kids in the 2’s putting up their hand Dimma - give them a crack
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2019, 04:57:28 PM »
In the Mix - Round 4

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
9 April 2019

RICHMOND

Get them in: The experienced Josh Caddy played 70 per cent game time in the VFL in his return from an ankle injury, picking up 17 disposals playing mostly in the midfield. Jack Ross continued his good form with 21 touches and could be in line for a debut, while forward-turned-mid Shai Bolton was busy with 23.

Under the pump: Small forward Dan Butler has had a quiet few weeks after missing the second half of last year with an ankle injury, averaging 10 touches but, more concerning, kicking just one goal. Brownlow medallist Dustin Martin has been suspended for two weeks for striking but is challenging the decision on Tuesday night at the Tribunal.

Medical room: Captain Trent Cotchin is out for two to three weeks with a hamstring strain. Running defender Jayden Short will be on the sidelines for around two months after dislocating his elbow.

Verdict: There's going to be some shuffling at Punt Road. Butler may be the one to make way for Caddy. Ross should make his debut coming in for Cotchin. Defender Bachar Houli may need to pass a test but is the ideal replacement for Short, while Dylan Grimes will return from suspension, sending Noah Balta forward and Caddy to the middle to cover for Martin.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-08/in-the-mix-whos-pushing-for-selection-for-round-four