Author Topic: Changes for the Dees game?  (Read 3499 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Changes for the Dees game?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2019, 12:30:32 PM »
I for one wouldn’t be disappointed if I never saw Brandon Ellis ever again in a Richmond jumper.

I just can’t stand his softness. I like how he was kicking longer and there was less backward and sideways kicks.  He is the exact opposite of a player you want scared of making mistakes, scared of contact, won’t go in but will wait to tackle, scared to kick it long inside forward 50 doesn’t take risks or create play and did I mention scared pooless.

The exact opposite of say new boy Stack.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2019, 12:34:45 PM »
Thought Bellis was good again last night. There you go AT.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 12:50:34 PM »
Thought Bellis was good again last night. There you go AT.

Very good in the first half, dropped off in the second. Holds his spot on the wing.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 02:17:16 PM »
Should be dropped for Riewoldt: Castagna

Will be dropped fur Riewoldt: Balta

Cotchin back the week after I think...be interesting to see who makes way for him... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online sdc01

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »
I for one wouldn’t be disappointed if I never saw Brandon Ellis ever again in a Richmond jumper.

I just can’t stand his softness. I like how he was kicking longer and there was less backward and sideways kicks.  He is the exact opposite of a player you want scared of making mistakes, scared of contact, won’t go in but will wait to tackle, scared to kick it long inside forward 50 doesn’t take risks or create play and did I mention scared pooless.

The exact opposite of say new boy Stack.
even Richo called him out last night in the 3rd qtr...his fear cost us 2 goals in the 3rd

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2019, 07:09:30 PM »
If Jack comes in at guess Balta will be dropped because of team balance reasons not because of form. Agree with comments by WP about Higgins.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2019, 09:43:54 PM »
I wouldn't drop any of our youngsters unless they are sore and need a rest.

They have been important in rejuvenating our side and making us far less predictable. Having the same old players playing every week means the opposition teams have lots and lots of info on how to play you. They know nothing about Ross, Balta, Stack and Bolton...... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 10:23:56 PM »

They have been important in rejuvenating our side and making us far less predictable. Having the same old players playing every week means the opposition teams have lots and lots of info on how to play you. They know nothing about Ross, Balta, Stack and Bolton...... :shh
👍

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2019, 10:30:31 PM »
In:Jack
Out:With such a short turnaround someone won’t come up.

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2019, 10:45:16 PM »

They know Stacks more now !

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2019, 07:37:55 AM »

Yep, has been a big reason for the improved last 2 weeks.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2019, 01:37:46 PM »
In the Mix - Round 6

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
23 April 2019

Get them in: Coming off a four-day break, the Tigers may have several changes up their sleeve. Jack Riewoldt (wrist) is likely to return, while a VFL bye over the weekend will mean there will be a few fresh players in the wings. Jack Graham, Connor Menadue, Dan Butler and Jacob Townsend are all options if required.

Under the pump: Odd to say after 16 goals in his first four games, but Tom Lynch may be in line for a break after being held goalless against Sydney and an extremely limited pre-season. Kane Lambert was quiet by his standards with just 13 touches.

Medical room:
No new injuries to report, although Daniel Rioli looked sore and sorry for himself immediately following the match, having suffered a corked thigh. Skipper Trent Cotchin is still a week away with a hamstring injury.

Verdict:
Riewoldt for Rioli in a safety-first policy off a four-day break, while Graham may come in for Lambert to bring fresh legs into the side.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-23/in-the-mix-whos-pushing-for-selection-for-round-six

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2019, 01:39:42 PM »
Jack's back according to Dimma  :thumbsup.

Riewoldt, Butler, Graham, Menadue, Garthwaite & Soldo were all part of the 28 (along with the 22 who played against the Swans) who trained today.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2019, 01:55:16 PM »
I’m worried that we will be too top heavy with Jack back. We need to keep our re-found defensive pressure.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2019, 03:19:10 PM »
Under the pump: Odd to say after 16 goals in his first four games, but Tom Lynch may be in line for a break after being held goalless against Sydney and an extremely limited pre-season. Kane Lambert was quiet by his standards with just 13 touches.

Yes I'm sure Lynch & Lambert will both be omitted... ::)

I’m worried that we will be too top heavy with Jack back. We need to keep our re-found defensive pressure.

It will still be the same number of talls as it would be with Rance still in the side...in fact if anything, probably one less..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.