Author Topic: Changes for the Dees game?  (Read 3414 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Changes for the Dees game?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2019, 03:58:28 PM »
That is true. I was more referring to our forward line with Jack, Lynch, Caddy and Balta all potentially playing there at certain stages. Plenty of scoring ability between them, just wondering if we will sacrifice too much forward half pressure with that mix.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »
Maybe the club thinks Bolton wants out?

Some on here have mentioned that they are resigned to losing him.

If the club agreed, then surely they would prefer to give games to other players if possible.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2019, 08:19:31 PM »
People are resigned to losing Bolton for the mere fact that he’s from Western Australia

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2019, 08:56:10 AM »
People are resigned to losing Bolton for the mere fact that he’s from Western Australia
The why did we draft him??
We should be playing him big time.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2019, 01:02:23 PM »
Maybe the club thinks Bolton wants out?

Some on here have mentioned that they are resigned to losing him.

If the club agreed, then surely they would prefer to give games to other players if possible.

Thanks Roosy but maybe they'd play him because not only would they be trying to win this year, they'd also like to increase his trade value... :shh

....or it could just be the fact it's been repeatedly mentioned to them by people who would know since he's been drafted... :shh :shh
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:17:59 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2019, 07:19:30 PM »

Thanks Roosy but maybe they'd play him because not only would they be trying to win this year, they'd also like to increase his trade value... :shh

The Roosy reference escapes me, but I have a sneaking suspicion that bringing Jack in indicates the club wants to win. I reckon Bolton was stiff to miss, but apart from maybe Castagna who I think was lucky, can't see who would come out for Jack's return.

Anyway, here is to Jack having a great game with Lynch, and Bolton pressing for an immediate recall from the VFL.