Author Topic: Deafening silence from teammates on Rance  (Read 18577 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deafening silence from teammates on Rance
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2020, 11:45:35 PM »
Can anyone confirm or deny if Jack actually “unfollowed” Rance on Insta or Twitter when Rance first retired?

I’m not big on social media so I don’t know if it can be checked but I think it would tell a bit of a story if it is true.

Personally I don’t think Rance has done anything really wrong, but I do think potentially his teammates were/are peeed off because he has let them down to a degree.
(Committed for 2 more years, and now walking out)

And I guess I feel the same- these guys talk about leadership all the time, and I guess I just feel it’s basically only when it suits them. (IMO)

Yep agree. The truth is we may never know, but something was up at some stage. Fair chance it had to do with wanting more success and maybe the sacrifices that some gave up, only to have rance walk away from a contract.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2020, 07:17:13 AM »
It’s so obvious that the club is in damage control I feel sorry for those who are blindly following the rhetoric.
These tributes were due to a champion player the day he retired, not a week or two later.

I dont see any damage control being done. Richmond is doing what it did with Dusty years ago. They know the rumours are false. They were then they are now. Richmond in full control as those on forums are closing accounts and deleting posts (too late lads)
coz there pooting themselves.

Hrt youd do well not falling for the poo posted in forums. JR8 has answered all questions.

It’s not the rumours I’m worried about - I know where they’ve come from and it’s disappointing that the source of those rumours are closer to the club than we might think.

We haven’t handled the retirement well at all and the circumstances surrounding his departure are odd.
I think for a club as tight as we’ve become, there’s been some fracturing with this announcement

what !!!, the source of the rumours was some effwit geelong supporter on big footy

We handled his retirement extremely well I might add & what fracturing ?? , because players haven't tweeted on instagrammed it ?? FFS

My source was a coterie member who I very much doubt was quoting big footy
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2020, 08:46:37 AM »
You know that most coteries are just as fanatical as us. I know afew and they do read the forums.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2020, 09:32:03 AM »

without going over all the comments. I recall before it was played out by the club you had an opinion of Dusty. All some have done here is ask the question of rance. It seems when it suits you to go to town its all good, but not okay for anyone to ask the question (without going to town)

One comment i did find is this from you in the dusty episode.

Can I add the clubs "response" to this has been shocking

No wonder we getting whacked from pillar to post

Nothing on the website, no from the club frosting the media

Where are you RFC?

you went on to say that the silence from the club was causing undue strain on the club and player. Some could argue thats exactly what happened to rance. Or is this different :shh

Here's the thing, you see a player retiring and a potential legal matter as the same thing. I don't.

Rance retired, released a statement, did an interview with Richo, the club also released a statement and the captain fronted the media. But all those things are not good enough for some people, they need more. There has to be more... well guess what? no there doesn't. And I stand by my comment that the Rance marriage breakdown is none of our business.

On you other points re Dusty. Yes I had an opinion as many people did. Funny how you and others only ever seem to remember none and throw it up. But whatever.... the bits you have quoted in bold are definitely my words.

And yes as I've said above I see it as being very different... Dusty situation was being played put in legal minefield, if you remember the police were involved. So IMHO the Club need to act quickly, they didn't and that was disappointing. What you forget to mention that when they did react, they in their initial statement gave Dusty a bloody good clip and didn't condone his behaviour.

So just to make it clear... you may see the Rance/Dusty scenarios as being the same I don't, far from it.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2020, 11:33:07 AM »
100% difference. Rance just wants to retire. Dusty had some bird making outrageous claims and to which the coppers determined that no criminal offences were
warranted.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2020, 01:37:25 PM »

without going over all the comments. I recall before it was played out by the club you had an opinion of Dusty. All some have done here is ask the question of rance. It seems when it suits you to go to town its all good, but not okay for anyone to ask the question (without going to town)

One comment i did find is this from you in the dusty episode.

Can I add the clubs "response" to this has been shocking

No wonder we getting whacked from pillar to post

Nothing on the website, no from the club frosting the media

Where are you RFC?

you went on to say that the silence from the club was causing undue strain on the club and player. Some could argue thats exactly what happened to rance. Or is this different :shh

Here's the thing, you see a player retiring and a potential legal matter as the same thing. I don't.

Rance retired, released a statement, did an interview with Richo, the club also released a statement and the captain fronted the media. But all those things are not good enough for some people, they need more. There has to be more... well guess what? no there doesn't. And I stand by my comment that the Rance marriage breakdown is none of our business.

On you other points re Dusty. Yes I had an opinion as many people did. Funny how you and others only ever seem to remember none and throw it up. But whatever.... the bits you have quoted in bold are definitely my words.

And yes as I've said above I see it as being very different... Dusty situation was being played put in legal minefield, if you remember the police were involved. So IMHO the Club need to act quickly, they didn't and that was disappointing. What you forget to mention that when they did react, they in their initial statement gave Dusty a bloody good clip and didn't condone his behaviour.

So just to make it clear... you may see the Rance/Dusty scenarios as being the same I don't, far from it.
I remember you over anyone else in the Dusty fiasco WP because you got on your moral high horse as hard and as early as you did. It disgusted me that much that a tiger fanatic that runs a tiger forum FFS could be so harsh without knowing the whole story and even more without giving Dusty the benefit of the doubt to start with.
You jumped on media reporting of the incident because there was a female involved. We all like/love/respect females but some talk poo and create issues just like men...  You don’t need to jump in and defend every female just because they are female.
I’m sure if it was a reported a male was involved instead of a female you wouldn’t have been so harsh and definitively as you were.

And the other comments you made about the club needing to jump in and say something in the Dusty BS is garage too imo- as you said it was in the hands of the police, what did you expect the club to say or do? Especially if the club knew what went on and knew it was all BS.

But you are right about one thing- the issues are completely different, one was a beat up that had to run its legal course, the Rance one is strange to say the least for a number of reasons and it’s human nature to ask or want to find out why.

Reason why it’s strange
-the timing of the announcement
-10 months of rehab only to retire now
-the 2 years remaining on a huge contract
-the timing of the marriage breakup
-the lack of teammates acknowledgment on social media
In isolation 1 or even 2 of these might not mean much, but it’s all a little strange to me and obviously many others.

Surely all that is enough for Tiger supporters to think there might be more to this story!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2020, 09:49:01 PM »
I remember you over anyone else in the Dusty fiasco WP because you got on your moral high horse as hard and as early as you did. It disgusted me that much that a tiger fanatic that runs a tiger forum FFS could be so harsh without knowing the whole story and even more without giving Dusty the benefit of the doubt to start with.
Again incredibly selective memory. There were people who were helluva lot more critical than me. But you don't remember them at all. Oh that's right you sort of do because you attributed their suggested penalties to me (see your early post) but for some strange reason they don't crack a mention.....
You jumped on media reporting of the incident because there was a female involved. We all like/love/respect females but some talk poo and create issues just like men...  You don’t need to jump in and defend every female just because they are female.
I’m sure if it was a reported a male was involved instead of a female you wouldn’t have been so harsh and definitively as you were.

You shouldn't presume how I would have reacted if it involved a male rather than a female because are you would be very very wrong.  >:( very wrong

And the other comments you made about the club needing to jump in and say something in the Dusty BS is garage too imo- as you said it was in the hands of the police, what did you expect the club to say or do? Especially if the club knew what went on and knew it was all BS.

Again selective memory on your part. The Club actually made a statement while it was still being investigated by the police and while the club was investigating it themselves. So I believe it is fair to believe that when they released their statement they did not know it " was all BS". The issue I had (not sure i can make this any clearer) was they took 3 or 4 days to say something while the media was having a field day and when they did make a statement they made it very clear they were extremely disappointed with what happened and they gave him fair clip over it.

But you are right about one thing- the issues are completely different, one was a beat up that had to run its legal course, the Rance one is strange to say the least for a number of reasons and it’s human nature to ask or want to find out why.

Reason why it’s strange
-the timing of the announcement
-10 months of rehab only to retire now
-the 2 years remaining on a huge contract
-the timing of the marriage breakup
-the lack of teammates acknowledgment on social media
In isolation 1 or even 2 of these might not mean much, but it’s all a little strange to me and obviously many others.

Surely all that is enough for Tiger supporters to think there might be more to this story!

Fair points. No issue with your reasoning  I just sit on a different bench.

We will have to agree to disagree regarding the marriage breakup and the need to know.

Personally I just accept this retirement for what it is. Disappointing but an individual's right to do what they've deemed best for themselves not others
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)