Author Topic: AFL putting spies amongst the Richmond cheer squad [merged]  (Read 8853 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From Robbo's 'dislikes' column:

8. THE GREEN MAGGOT

The AFL says it was Richmond’s decision to suspend the fan for calling an umpire a green maggot.

“It was referred back to the club,’’ AFL boss Gillon McLachlan said from China.

“As I understand it, the club cheer squad itself dealt with the issue internally.’’

Well, that’s not quite right. The Tackle understands the AFL told Richmond it had better sanction the person and, if it wasn’t heavy enough, the AFL would come over the top.

The wider issue is: Where does it stop? Does any supporter abuse or swearing lead to bans? What a strange world we live in.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/the-tackle-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-from-round-11/news-story/7ec315267ecb628936e3dbd78b7d4f6a

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
The AFL is now going to places that will inthe end impact on how many people go to games. Their pc stuff has gone overboard and it will turn off tens of thousands of fans who go to the footy. They should be careful... the AFL cant afford to lose supporters to soccer or rugby league

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
The AFL is now going to places that will inthe end impact on how many people go to games. Their pc stuff has gone overboard and it will turn off tens of thousands of fans who go to the footy. They should be careful... the AFL cant afford to lose supporters to soccer or rugby league

RFC Supporters should boycott an away game as a protest against this deprivation for freedom of speech, although one would argue that the AFL would probably prefer us watching it on tv.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
The AFL should be very aware of what happened in the A league when the admin dealt with the RBB and the effect it had on crowds and memberships for the WSW

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
From Robbo's 'dislikes' column:

8. THE GREEN MAGGOT

The AFL says it was Richmond’s decision to suspend the fan for calling an umpire a green maggot.

“It was referred back to the club,’’ AFL boss Gillon McLachlan said from China.

“As I understand it, the club cheer squad itself dealt with the issue internally.’’

Well, that’s not quite right. The Tackle understands the AFL told Richmond it had better sanction the person and, if it wasn’t heavy enough, the AFL would come over the top.

The wider issue is: Where does it stop? Does any supporter abuse or swearing lead to bans? What a strange world we live in.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/the-tackle-mark-robinsons-likes-and-dislikes-from-round-11/news-story/7ec315267ecb628936e3dbd78b7d4f6a

If that is true then we have done well out of this.

Gillon rewards those who cover up his stuff ups.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
If that is true then we have done well out of this.

Gillon rewards those who cover up his stuff ups.

And I just read that Floss got off....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 01:01:53 PM by one-eyed »

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
How do we vote them out , vote one for Benny

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
Honestly why do these guys get let off the hook. If I was as bad at my job or made as many mistakes as these guys did I would be rightly sacked. If a player has a bad game he will cop it from every media person under the sun, in the paper, on the radio, online articles, social media, etc. so why isn’t it the same with umpires or are you only allowed to criticise if you have a degree in journalism or are an ex player?

The state of umpiring is so inconsistently bad it isn’t funny and the afl only have themselves to blame for continuously backing the umpires publicly even when everyone knows they made a mistake.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:56:58 PM by one-eyed »

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Most of my hate at games is directed at umpires because their quality control is non-existent and they are so inconsistent...

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
I can't stand it when the non officiating umpire calls a free kick from 30 metres away and the replay proves him wrong :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
Gillon is weak as pee

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Is green maggot a worse insult than white maggot?
What if he was called a maggot?
What are typical pc insults one can vocals to umpires?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
If the AFL really wanted stop it they should just dress the umpires in black... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.