Author Topic: Who of Richmond’s current crop would get into their team of the century? (H-Sun)  (Read 1623 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Who of Richmond’s current crop would get into their team of the century?

Veteran Herald Sun footy journalist Jon Anderson said there would be two obvious changes if Richmond revised its Team of the Century, which was selected in 1999.

“Dustin Martin clearly gets in. Alex Rance gets in. They would be in the 18 if they re-did their Team of the Century, no doubt,” he said.

“Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin would be right on the edge.

“That might seem surprising but Jack would be up against Royce Hart, Jack Titus — who kicked around 1000 goals — and Matthew Richardson. He starts competing with Matthew Richardson.”

Who should take the third tall forward spot in the Tigers’ best ever team? And does Cotchin, a two-time premiership captain, earn a spot?

Their standing in the Tigers pantheon was up for debate on this week’s SuperFooty Podcast.

Get takes from Ando, reporter Lauren Wood and Channel 7 commentator — and former Richmond and Collingwood full-forward — Brian Taylor, plus a recap of the Tigers’ flag and all this week’s hot footy topics.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/superfooty-podcast-join-jon-anderson-brian-taylor-and-lauren-wood-as-they-debate-footys-biggest-issues/news-story/237b1084e1e487d7359783cc5c100d2b

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
We're over 100 years old, the first team of the century is locked in.

Dusty, Rance, Grimes, Riewoldt and Cotch will be in the next team of the century.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
But its a great debate. I think for example that matthew knights was lucky to be selected. Jack Baggot had a much better record and should have been in the original team of the century selected.

I agree that if it was done now that all of Martin Rance and Cotchin would get in and Riewoldt would be a chance for a spot as well.

Dougeytherichmondfan

But its a great debate. I think for example that matthew knights was lucky to be selected. Jack Baggot had a much better record and should have been in the original team of the century selected.

I agree that if it was done now that all of Martin Rance and Cotchin would get in and Riewoldt would be a chance for a spot as well.

Riewoldt would be a lock mate.

Hard to imagine we'll see 3 better forwards in the next 75 years than Jack to hold him out.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
We're over 100 years old, the first team of the century is locked in.

Dusty, Rance, Grimes, Riewoldt and Cotch will be in the next team of the century.

This  :thumbsup

Jack, Dusty, Rance and Cotch the captain who lead afield to break their 37 year premiership drought.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S