Author Topic: Changes for the Giants game?  (Read 4630 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Giants game?
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2019, 11:18:21 AM »
100% agree. When I see a kid with this level of talent playing VFL I get nervous that they will be inclined to leave.

Need to find spots for the like of Jack, Baker and Balta etc.

Jeez id like to see us find a spot for Baker.
That kid has something IMO and he is getting better every game.

Surely most can see he is a better player than Bellis and won’t go missing when things get tough.

Dimma needs to start thinking about what our best side will look like if/when we make finals.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2019, 11:26:30 AM »
IN:

Riewoldt, Caddy

OUT:

Eggmolesse-Smith, Broad
Don't see us dropping two defenders for two forwards but sadly Eggy might be the unlucky one to make way for Jack. The Giants' forward line is tall. The only other options would be to play with one ruck (one of Soldo or Chol goes) or drop a small forward (which on form would be Rioli). Personally, don't either either of the latter two happening.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »
Jeez id like to see us find a spot for Baker.
That kid has something IMO and he is getting better every game.

Surely most can see he is a better player than Bellis and won’t go missing when things get tough.

Dimma needs to start thinking about what our best side will look like if/when we make finals.

I really like baker and was very surprised to see him dropped. I know you dislike Bellis but don’t think Baker is suited to his role. See him as a forward half playmaker that runs through the middle like Edwards. Maybe he could come in for Rioli but think we’d be losing too much pace up front especially with Bolton spending more time up the ground.
I don’t think Baker would take Bellis spot on a wing but we could throw about 5 players into a wing (Bolton, Lambert, Edwards, Rioli, Stack, even Georgie) and play Baker where he is more suited.

Baker, like a few other young guys we have has a bit of X factor about him IMO.

Just my opinion   

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2019, 07:16:01 PM »
IN:

Riewoldt, Caddy

OUT:

Eggmolesse-Smith, Broad
Don't see us dropping two defenders for two forwards but sadly Eggy might be the unlucky one to make way for Jack. The Giants' forward line is tall. The only other options would be to play with one ruck (one of Soldo or Chol goes) or drop a small forward (which on form would be Rioli). Personally, don't either either of the latter two happening.

I don't see Broad getting dropped. If giants play a tall forwardline they may play Chol down back.