Author Topic: Hardwick set to pass Jack Dyer - 223 games as Richmond's coach [merged]  (Read 768 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:54:27 PM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick draws level with Dyer - 222 games as Richmond's coach (RFC)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 07:50:35 PM »
Who would have thought after season 2016  :rollin

He'll pass Hafey by the end of his current deal
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:29:45 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick draws level with Dyer - 222 games as Richmond's coach (RFC)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:14:11 AM »
I'm happy that Hardwick is still the man for the job. You can very clearly see his maturity and development in the role over the years.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond coach to bypass club legend

By Andrew Slevison
SEN
19 July 2019

This weekend, Damien Hardwick’s name will be etched further into Richmond’s history books.

Saturday’s clash with Port Adelaide at the MCG is Hardwick’s 223rd as coach of the Tigers.

It puts him second on the list of most games coached at the club, surpassing Tigers Immortal Jack Dyer (222), who captain-coached the 1943 flag.

‘Dimma’ now sits in rarefied air behind the legendary Tom Hafey who leads the way at Punt Road on 248 games. He will overtake the four-time premiership coach around this time next season.

Coincidentally, Hardwick will mark the occasion against his former club. He played 54 games for the Power, including the 2004 Grand Final triumph, which was his last as a player.

During his 10-season tenure at the helm, the 46-year-old has overseen 121 wins highlighted by the drought-breaking 2017 premiership.

Hardwick is one of just seven men who have coached Richmond to a flag and now becomes the outright second longest serving coach of the 38 who have led the Tigers.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/07/18/richmond-coach-to-bypass-club-legend/

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
He'll get there no problems, and then some!

Good on him too. I doubted him for years and ate my humble pie. It took a legit review process but you can really see the growth in him as a coach. And it really helps having supports around him, Balme for example...