Author Topic: “Get hot at the right time”: Nick Riewoldt fancies Richmond to win flag (SEN)  (Read 469 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
“Get hot at the right time”: Riewoldt and Lyon reveal their premiership fancies

By SEN
16 July 2019

St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt fancies Richmond to “get hot” at the right time and mount a successful charge towards this year’s premiership.

The Tigers have won three games on the bounce and seem to be hitting their straps entering the final phase of the home-and-away season.

Just like their historic 2017 campaign, Damien Hardwick’s side find themselves in fifth spot with a win-loss record of 10-6 and Riewoldt believes their game style will hold up against their nearest rivals in September.

“This is the modern AFL; the any given Sunday era where you need to get hot at the right time,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“If you had to pick one, I would be picking Richmond right now to win it. I just like Richmond’s brand; I like their game style.”

Former Melbourne captain Garry Lyon is sticking with his pre-season flag predication.

“I’m staying with Collingwood,” Lyon said.

The Magpies sit second on the ladder and are coming off a gutsy one-point win over West Coast at Optus Stadium.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/07/15/get-hot-at-the-right-time-riewoldt-and-lyon-reveal-their-premiership/