Author Topic: Are we now the number one seed ??  (Read 2446 times)

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Are we now the number one seed ??
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »
Won't be convinced until we beat a good side in good form...eg West Coast and maybe Brisbane.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2019, 05:16:41 PM »
I would rate WCE ahead of us at the moment. I have us at no.2 on current output.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2019, 08:39:14 PM »
I would rate WCE ahead of us at the moment. I have us at no.2 on current output.

It’s going to come down to home finals - if GWS and Lions get a home final vs us then we’d be the number 4 seed, otherwise I’d agree just the Eagles.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 10:02:20 PM »
Agreed, I'd have us at least behind the weagles.

The thing is, even if you're the best team in the comp - you still need a lot to go right AND a bit of luck along the way to win it. Happened for us in 2017, not so much in 2018.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 12:22:54 AM »
Why Cats’ finals rivals should be worried

Jon Ralph,
Herald Sun
9 Aug 2019

The Cats have played seven games against teams currently in the eight and won six of them. The only blemish was a four-point loss to GWS.

Not only have they won those games, they have an average winning margin of 35 points including several crushing wins.

Granted, they beat Collingwood, GWS and West Coast early and got Richmond when injuries had the Tigers at rock bottom.

But if the Cats are in need of affirmation about whether their best is good enough, it is right there in front of them.

For all the predictions of Richmond September glory, the Tigers have beaten just three of seven top-eight sides, losing to Adelaide, GWS, Collingwood (plus a win over the Pies) and Geelong.

West Coast is on the march, having won 11 of its past 13 games, and all eight of their MCG and Marvel Stadium contests in the past two years.

And their record against top-eight sides stacks up, having dropped only three of seven games — one of them by a single point.

Read more: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/jon-ralph/geelongs-record-close-to-flawless-against-top-eight-rivals/news-story/92d582ebef45295bb08eff5a0d2631b4

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 08:26:21 AM »
Means nothing. Pretty sure Geelong had the wood on us until the QF in '17 :)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2019, 10:48:18 PM »
Handy result tonight. Thanks Hawks.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2019, 11:40:42 PM »
Wonderful result tonight.
Clarko really is a friend of the Tigers.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2019, 10:14:38 AM »
He's also a great coach, gee he really knows how to pull one out of the hat doesn't he?

First Cats, now this. No wonder he's considered the greatest coach.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2019, 09:33:04 PM »
We're outright premiership favourite with the bookies tonight.

$
Richmond      3.40
West Coast    4.25
Geelong         5.00
Brisbane        6.00
Collingwood   8.00
W.Bulldogs   17.00 
GWS            26.00
Essendon     41.00
Port Adel.   101.00
Hawthorn   126.00
Adelaide     151.00

https://beteasy.com.au/sports-betting/australian-rules/afl/afl-futures-2019/outright-markets-20190928-1070789-30926030

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2019, 09:36:05 PM »
I still wouldn't want to play the Eagles over there .
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2019, 11:34:22 PM »
We are again after tonight's win.

1. Richmond deserves clear premiership favouritism

The Tigers' roll continues. Two weeks after beating Brisbane at the MCG, Damien Hardwick's men made the trip to the Gabba and left with the same result, this time taking a 47-point victory. They progress to the preliminary final and will return to their Melbourne fortress. On a 10-game winning streak, Richmond's emphatic qualifying final victory over the Lions was the most impressive win of the first week of the finals and will see it head into the last four as the clear premiership fancy. It will have some selection questions to ponder over the break next week, particularly around its ruckmen and whether it continues with both Ivan Soldo and Toby Nankervis. Last year's preliminary final loss against Collingwood would have haunted the Tigers over summer, but a chance at retribution against the Magpies looms in this year's Grand Final.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-07/five-things-we-learned-brisbane-v-richmond