Author Topic: Changes for the Prelim?  (Read 8660 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Prelim?
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2019, 06:56:40 PM »
The club has won a premiership, won a minor premiership and has made the last two preliminary finals. I think that tops anything you could do with selection and the list. So I'm not blindly following them. They've earnt my trust from their results. It would be stupid for anyone not in the inner sanctum to pretend to know better. Fact.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2019, 07:55:44 PM »
Ins for me Pickett, Ross, and Balta for Ellis, Short and one other possibly Baker.
Did you actually watch the game?????

I sure did Queensland  i have always liked.

Did you??? :whistle
Yes. I noticed your butter soft Grimes starring for a start.....  :whistle

grimes has been great for a fair while now, and i can say that because he improved especially weakness. pretty simple really.
You really do get all twisted when your favorites cop a bit of criticism dont ya.Chill relax they all have had weaknesses worth commenting on.

As i have always stated i stand by my comments on all players because at the time imo they were relevant.
Grimes was getting rag dolled and pushed around by much smaller opponents and i wasnt the only one who talked about it.I dont apologise for calling these efforts or him  soft because of it.

I made that comment because you want to make changes that just aren’t justified. The side just beat another side by almost 10 goals on their own home deck interstate. Any rational poster would know that wholesale changes won’t happen. Most here agree with dropping Bellis. The others mentioned all played their role very well so they won’t be dropped. While the players you mentioned all are probably potentially better players than the ones you want replaced, they still haven’t learnt to be part of the team structure and system. The old adage of a champion team will always beat a team of champions comes to mind here. Of course, once those players learn to play their roles the team will improve again but you can’t start teaching this in a preliminary final.

What a load of tripe Ross played 7 games before injury and played damn well his bigger body is ideal for finals and he would know the sytems inside out. Balta has played 13 games and would give an undersized backline much needed size and height  as well as flexability he knows the systems inside out.

Pickett is the only player who has no experince in the ones but in 2017 we bought in blokes like Graham and Townsend to replace softies and they had little or no experince in the ones.
 Anyway what happens if we cop an injury or two, those are the players who are in contention and would likely come in.But wait they arent up to speed with how we play despite us replicating it in the two;s.

Your looking for any reason you can find to not make changes Ellis and short are total liabilities defensively and Balta coming in is a slight structural change for the better imo.

You play your best team to suit the opposition and you play blokes who will give 110% and wont flinchIts called horses for courses and actual improvement.
Rubbish.
I already said Bellis needs to go. The other players mentioned are highly unlikely to be dropped. You can rant and rave but if players play their role, despite their deficiencies, will not be dropped.  Your understanding of modern football is lacking. You post like it's still 1985. Ross or Pickett can come in for Ellis. No other changes are likely unless there are injuries. That's the reality.  Get into the real world of 2019.
And here i was thinking i posted the CHANGES ID LIKE TO SEE, nowhere did i say i think it will happen.I know the coaches have their favorites right or wrong. One thing i do know is they dont get everything right,  and playing  Short Ellis  houli and Baker is a mistake that can cost us dearly imo of course.Only room for one imo and thats Houli.

Simply put i think we can significantly improve, be more rounded and flexible and significantly improve hardness and not lose a thing  just by making a few changes.

This is sheepsville or its becoming it. Everyone just spouting off what the club does as being 100% correct and dont dare have a different opinion.Does anyone think for themselves ?

Not rubbish at all many would prefer ross over Ellis and pickett over Short just look at the baggings these two have copped all yr.
No one can say that they arent defensively poor and soft that in itself is good reason for moving both on.As stated i think we have not replaced Rance this yr in any shape or form hence i think Balta should have been playing.

Now i know the club is unlikely to make changes wrongly imo but hey dont we all have our own opinions on things.

Three changes is nothing out of the box and the changes as i said would advantage us more than disadvantage us.I dont think its me who is lacking when it comes to modern footy. You just keep towing the club line eh and im sure you will be happy.
Mate, if you are talking “defensively poor” Houli wins that race.
Short is Matthew Scarlet compared to Houli in regards to defending an opponent.

And if you take away the kick in duties from Houli, like the club did last weekend, Houli is “just” a player, in my opinion of course.

I’ll go as far to say, Houli won’t be playing half back next year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2019, 10:50:49 PM »
Ins for me Pickett, Ross, and Balta for Ellis, Short and one other possibly Baker.
Did you actually watch the game?????

I sure did Queensland  i have always liked.

Did you??? :whistle
Yes. I noticed your butter soft Grimes starring for a start.....  :whistle

grimes has been great for a fair while now, and i can say that because he improved especially weakness. pretty simple really.
You really do get all twisted when your favorites cop a bit of criticism dont ya.Chill relax they all have had weaknesses worth commenting on.

As i have always stated i stand by my comments on all players because at the time imo they were relevant.
Grimes was getting rag dolled and pushed around by much smaller opponents and i wasnt the only one who talked about it.I dont apologise for calling these efforts or him  soft because of it.

I made that comment because you want to make changes that just aren’t justified. The side just beat another side by almost 10 goals on their own home deck interstate. Any rational poster would know that wholesale changes won’t happen. Most here agree with dropping Bellis. The others mentioned all played their role very well so they won’t be dropped. While the players you mentioned all are probably potentially better players than the ones you want replaced, they still haven’t learnt to be part of the team structure and system. The old adage of a champion team will always beat a team of champions comes to mind here. Of course, once those players learn to play their roles the team will improve again but you can’t start teaching this in a preliminary final.

What a load of tripe Ross played 7 games before injury and played damn well his bigger body is ideal for finals and he would know the sytems inside out. Balta has played 13 games and would give an undersized backline much needed size and height  as well as flexability he knows the systems inside out.

Pickett is the only player who has no experince in the ones but in 2017 we bought in blokes like Graham and Townsend to replace softies and they had little or no experince in the ones.
 Anyway what happens if we cop an injury or two, those are the players who are in contention and would likely come in.But wait they arent up to speed with how we play despite us replicating it in the two;s.

Your looking for any reason you can find to not make changes Ellis and short are total liabilities defensively and Balta coming in is a slight structural change for the better imo.

You play your best team to suit the opposition and you play blokes who will give 110% and wont flinchIts called horses for courses and actual improvement.
Rubbish.
I already said Bellis needs to go. The other players mentioned are highly unlikely to be dropped. You can rant and rave but if players play their role, despite their deficiencies, will not be dropped.  Your understanding of modern football is lacking. You post like it's still 1985. Ross or Pickett can come in for Ellis. No other changes are likely unless there are injuries. That's the reality.  Get into the real world of 2019.
And here i was thinking i posted the CHANGES ID LIKE TO SEE, nowhere did i say i think it will happen.I know the coaches have their favorites right or wrong. One thing i do know is they dont get everything right,  and playing  Short Ellis  houli and Baker is a mistake that can cost us dearly imo of course.Only room for one imo and thats Houli.

Simply put i think we can significantly improve, be more rounded and flexible and significantly improve hardness and not lose a thing  just by making a few changes.

This is sheepsville or its becoming it. Everyone just spouting off what the club does as being 100% correct and dont dare have a different opinion.Does anyone think for themselves ?

Not rubbish at all many would prefer ross over Ellis and pickett over Short just look at the baggings these two have copped all yr.
No one can say that they arent defensively poor and soft that in itself is good reason for moving both on.As stated i think we have not replaced Rance this yr in any shape or form hence i think Balta should have been playing.

Now i know the club is unlikely to make changes wrongly imo but hey dont we all have our own opinions on things.

Three changes is nothing out of the box and the changes as i said would advantage us more than disadvantage us.I dont think its me who is lacking when it comes to modern footy. You just keep towing the club line eh and im sure you will be happy.
Mate, if you are talking “defensively poor” Houli wins that race.
Short is Matthew Scarlet compared to Houli in regards to defending an opponent.

And if you take away the kick in duties from Houli, like the club did last weekend, Houli is “just” a player, in my opinion of course.

I’ll go as far to say, Houli won’t be playing half back next year.
Ideally, we want Houli loose, rebounding off half-back or pumping it inside F50. He's a top distributor of the footy setting up attacks. If he is being forced to defend closely then that means our midfield is getting well beaten and we are pushing our numbers back into defence to hold up the fort.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2019, 10:56:00 PM »
Interesting to see what we now do with our ruck combo. Geelong doesn't have a conventional ruckman. They use mobile 'shorter' talls Stanley, Blicavs and even Ratugolea.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2019, 11:17:27 PM »
depends on the weather, but i wouldnt be playing 2 against this mob

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2019, 11:30:20 PM »
I would play both rucks unless weather is bad.Soldo first ruck Nank mobile around the ground and relieving Soldo.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2019, 10:08:02 AM »
The club has won a premiership, won a minor premiership and has made the last two preliminary finals. I think that tops anything you could do with selection and the list. So I'm not blindly following them. They've earnt my trust from their results. It would be stupid for anyone not in the inner sanctum to pretend to know better. Fact.

Have to agree with Doc on this

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2019, 10:09:52 AM »
Interesting to see what we now do with our ruck combo. Geelong doesn't have a conventional ruckman. They use mobile 'shorter' talls Stanley, Blicavs and even Ratugolea.

Maybe Balta comes in to relieve ruck?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2019, 10:16:39 AM »
Well you just keep towing that club line .Im glad your confident they never get anything wrong lol. Oh and excuse me for daring to have a slightly different view to them.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »
Well you just keep towing that club line .Im glad your confident they never get anything wrong lol. Oh and excuse me for daring to have a slightly different view to them.
Never said they don’t make mistakes. Look at yourself. You thought Rance was a dud and we should have traded him and he turned it around and became the best defender in the competition for several years. You also misjudged Grimes. You also made mistakes criticising our 2017 side which went onto win the flag.
Yes, the football department does make mistakes but so do all of them. My point is that they know our side better than you do and they see them train too which obviously you don’t from WA. So I back them to be right more often than not and obviously more often than any of us on this forum.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2019, 12:35:41 PM »

Maybe Balta comes in to relieve ruck?
Either Balta or Chol. Big day today for them to put their case forward.

If it's going to be wet as wayne posted in the other thread then I'd doubt we'll play both Soldo and Nank together.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2019, 05:52:34 PM »
Unless it's going to be pouring down and structurally we'll be forced to change, I don't see us making any changes after watching the VFL. A big risk to bring in Menadue despite a good game given he's done nothing at AFL level when he's been given a game. Balta was very influential in the last once he went into the ruck but it's a big ask and risk to bring in a young cameo player into an AFL Prelim who can go missing for large chunks of the game.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2019, 05:55:44 PM »
Unless it's going to be pouring down and structurally we'll be forced to change, I don't see us making any changes after watching the VFL. A big risk to bring in Menadue despite a good game given he's done nothing at AFL level when he's been given a game. Balta was very influential in the last once he went into the ruck but it's a big ask and risk to bring in a young cameo player into an AFL Prelim who can go missing for large chunks of the game.

Considering the opponent and the weather if the forecasts remain, balta put his hand up above chol to come in this week if they decide to tinker with the ruck again.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2019, 06:03:48 PM »
Considering the opponent and the weather if the forecasts remain, balta put his hand up above chol to come in this week if they decide to tinker with the ruck again.
True. Balta is now ahead of Chol.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2019, 07:06:02 PM »
Geelong will probably go with Stanley backed up with Blicavs. Its hard to know if a Nank, Soldo combination would be better than a Nank, Balta combo against them. Given that the VFL team didn't really throw up any real contenders for places the only change I would make would be Soldo out for Balta.

If Stack is ready I would probably do him for Ellis.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!