Author Topic: No gallant defeats for Tiges (RFC site)  (Read 487 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
No gallant defeats for Tiges (RFC site)
« on: April 13, 2006, 04:12:02 PM »
No gallant defeats for Tiges
11:10:29 AM Thu 13 April, 2006
Jen Witham
Exclusive to afl.com.au

Richmond small forward Kayne Pettifer says the Tigers don't want applause for performances that end in defeat, no matter how gallant they may be.

The Tigers were clapped off Telstra Dome last Friday night after posting an 11-point loss to the highly-fancied Saints, and while it was a huge improvement from their massive round one deficit to the Dogs, Pettifer said their performance still wasn't worthy of praise.

"It was still very disappointing. We went out there to win and we put ourselves in a spot to win the game and to the Saints' credit, they've won a lot over games over the last three years and they finished off better than us," Pettifer said in an exclusive interview.

"When you lose a game you don't want to get clapped off the ground. Obviously the fans were a lot happier with our performance this week compared to the week before.

"We've set a pretty high standard this year. We were a game out of the finals last year and we've got a tough start to the year this year.

"But we go out to win every game and we don't want to be clapped off for losing games. We're here to win every game we play."

The rugged forward also talked about his own year and the goals he has set for himself - goals that adorn his bedroom walls as a constant reminder of where he aims to be as a player.

But don't ask him to divulge these goals - they are for his perusal only.

"I set myself goals and they're up on the bedroom wall. Everyone sets themselves goals," he said.

"I don't talk to people about them. I talk to the coaching staff, but not to people as then they'll know what I want to achieve and try and shut me down."

What he will reveal is his desire to play every game this year - something he has achieved only once since being drafted by the Tigers in 2000.

"I just want to try and keep playing consistent football. Last year was my first full year, I played all 22 games last year and my most before that was 10 games," he said.

"So I just want to get another consistent year and keep kicking goals and try and contribute to the Tigers."

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=257443

Bulluss

Re: No gallant defeats for Tiges (RFC site)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 04:32:39 PM »
Good to see they dont want to accept second best.

Hopefully this metallity spreads and we develop a winning culture.

Please  ;D  :lol

Offline Capt. Revenge

• Future Richmond star
  • for i was so much older then.............
Re: No gallant defeats for Tiges (RFC site)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 08:34:08 PM »
'rugged' forward????

what a joke!
there is no success like failure and failure is no success at all