Author Topic: We broke 'em  (Read 21890 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: We broke 'em
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2019, 11:49:37 AM »
Blocked at work. Can anyone share or give me a TLDR please?

Ta

Wanted to go to GC, price was too high, 3 days before end of trade period went back again and had dropped his asking price dramatically. Too late for GC as they had committed to Rowell and Anderson.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2019, 05:51:46 PM »
Overrated this guy bigtime lucky didn't come to us.Prestia makes him look second rate.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2020, 01:03:58 AM »
Ex-Tiger Daniel Jackson has been appointed by the Crows to their new "leadership" committee thing.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2020, 08:44:46 AM »
Ex-Tiger Daniel Jackson has been appointed by the Crows to their new "leadership" committee thing.

As capable as Jacko is, and I’m sure he’ll be an excellent appointment, if they’re trying to acquire some of the Richmond special sauce that other clubs are after, well, Jacko wasn’t really at Tigerland during the cultural shift.

Anyway. Good luck to him! I expect he’ll do a few apprenticeships before making a big move back to us at some point in the future!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2020, 10:16:21 AM »
The Crows wanted someone who knows the Richmond theme song ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2020, 12:35:54 PM »
The Crows wanted someone who knows the Richmond theme song ;)

:clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2020, 01:52:37 AM »
“When there are big moments, they [Tex Walker/Adelaide] don’t have the mental toughness to perform.”

Cornes then highlighted footage of Walker’s poor 2017 Grand Final performance that showed the Crow dropping marks and chasing Richmond players.

“That’s why we’re seeing efforts like this. That’s why the club is employing Collective Minds to work on the players’ mindset. They’re a mentally fragile group.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-taylor-walker-kane-cornes-feud-mentally-fragile-comments-footy-classified/news-story/a10423eef0f5902257551ab068c3f539

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2020, 07:35:49 PM »
They WERE mentally fragile.

They're irrelevant again now :D

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2020, 11:15:07 AM »
They caught Crowvid-17 and couldn’t even flatten the curve, let alone eradicate it
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2020, 03:36:31 AM »
Quote from: pjcrows
I still follow the club and I keep up to speed (relatively) with the league and forums, but I'm so disillusioned with the whole lot at the moment. At a club level and league level. The whole thing, combined with the rabid media, is just a cesspool. Throw in a disjointed season and I'm just about done.
Quote from: Mego Red
I never thought I'd say it, but I kind of feel the same way.

The media have especially turned me off, and I've been surprisingly uninterested.
Quote from: Peter Doherty
The weak stance from the club is the final straw for many it seems and there are many more who were already out, pretty sad.

I'm calling the club on Monday and cancelling.

Quote from: 40porpoise
I just hope the season doesn’t go ahead and the AFL goes bankrupt. Start again with a new organisation. Footy won’t die and neither will the club
Quote from: Kane McGoodwin
VFL forever.

If they go hard with penalties... We should pull out of the season & stuff up their competition.

No, we pull out of the season.

We would struggle to put a side on the park.

Gil can GAGF!

I'm following the Sanfl & pulling my membership.
Quote from: Peter J
Difficult discussing anything if they’re Richmond fans in particular. The general view is they destroyed our club beyond repair in 2017.

And that’s a very difficult allegation to refute
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/potential-training-breach.1239657/page-22

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2020, 01:55:14 PM »
Richmond single handedly wrecked this mob in 2017. I reckon wevd put them in the bin for the next 20 years.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2020, 02:10:31 AM »
The AFL have fined Adelaide $100,000 and stripped the club of two draft picks for breaching strict training rules last week, according to Channel 7's Tom Browne.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/05/10/report-afl-hands-down-penalty-for-crows-training-rule-breach/

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2020, 09:11:27 AM »
Brothel of club.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2020, 02:27:23 PM »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2020, 05:16:26 PM »
Tom Browne wrong again.

-------------------------------------------

The AFL investigation found that the breach by the players and assistant coach was inadvertent and not done to create a competitive advantage.

The 16 players have each received a suspended one match sanction. The suspended sentence will remain in place for the remainder of the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership season.

Assistant Coach Ben Hart has been stood down from coaching duties for 6 weeks from today's date. He will not be able to access the club facilities or have contact with players until 22 June 2020.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/433093/afl-statement-on-crows-training-breach