Author Topic: Memorabilia what are you buying?  (Read 10100 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Memorabilia what are you buying?
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2019, 07:12:50 AM »
Got the GF yesterday on Blu-Ray and like 2017, it has the calls from multiple sources. :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2019, 08:16:38 AM »
I will reveal now so i dont get pms unnecessarily
Weg is going to produce or reproduce a gold foil poster
for 1980 over next 12 months or so. In time they will also go back and do 1974, 1973, 1969 and 1967.
So if we are patient over the next few years our collections of the gold foil posters are going to be complete. Could even do all the posters going back to 1920.
WEG died in 2008.
If you are referring to the Weg Art posters, those are done by one of his relatives.

I don't recognise those as true Weg posters personally. To my understanding WEGS real posters were being reproduced by that relative and sold against his wishes.

The true replacement now for the WEG posters is the Knight posters from the Herald Sun. I managed to get the black one  from 2017 and the gold and black ones from this year and they look great.

I do have all the original weg posters (67, 69, 73, 74, 80) as well as our losing poster from 82 which obviously was never sold because we lost the GF. One day I will get them all framed, and in the 2017 and 2019 frames I'll have my GF ticket with them  :thumbsup

When I said Weg I did mean Weg Art. I know William Ellis Green passed away. His business is run by his Son in Law. In terms of the Weg Posters produced after he died, what you should know is that Weg drew posters for every team for after he died. So they are original Weg design Posters, The only thing that is super imposed is the date because obviously Weg didn't know when each team would win a flag. So the new WEG posters are original William Ellis Green posters and  are recognised as such and there are enough posters going forward to last a lifetime.

The Knight posters are a new replacement done by the HS but they are 100% not WEG posters and will never be recognised as such. They cant even be considered as post WEG simply they are not WEG designs. At least the new WEGS are still original WEGS.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2019, 10:12:53 AM »
I will reveal now so i dont get pms unnecessarily
Weg is going to produce or reproduce a gold foil poster
for 1980 over next 12 months or so. In time they will also go back and do 1974, 1973, 1969 and 1967.
So if we are patient over the next few years our collections of the gold foil posters are going to be complete. Could even do all the posters going back to 1920.
WEG died in 2008.
If you are referring to the Weg Art posters, those are done by one of his relatives.

I don't recognise those as true Weg posters personally. To my understanding WEGS real posters were being reproduced by that relative and sold against his wishes.

The true replacement now for the WEG posters is the Knight posters from the Herald Sun. I managed to get the black one  from 2017 and the gold and black ones from this year and they look great.

I do have all the original weg posters (67, 69, 73, 74, 80) as well as our losing poster from 82 which obviously was never sold because we lost the GF. One day I will get them all framed, and in the 2017 and 2019 frames I'll have my GF ticket with them  :thumbsup

When I said Weg I did mean Weg Art. I know William Ellis Green passed away. His business is run by his Son in Law. In terms of the Weg Posters produced after he died, what you should know is that Weg drew posters for every team for after he died. So they are original Weg design Posters, The only thing that is super imposed is the date because obviously Weg didn't know when each team would win a flag. So the new WEG posters are original William Ellis Green posters and  are recognised as such and there are enough posters going forward to last a lifetime.

The Knight posters are a new replacement done by the HS but they are 100% not WEG posters and will never be recognised as such. They cant even be considered as post WEG simply they are not WEG designs. At least the new WEGS are still original WEGS.
Yes that's right, the son in law runs the Weg Art business.

Weg Art is not WEG, and those posters that you see are not drawn by WEG. They are drawn by the son in law.

I met WEG and his business partner Geoff multiple times at their store when I was collecting the originals years ago. They ran a store out of Croydon for years until WEG died.

The son in law was running his own business during that time and they had ongoing issues with the son in law for using WEGs drawings and selling them while he was in business with the Herald Sun.

It is true that WEG started on a bank of posters for after he died, and I had the privilege of seeing some of them. Those posters being sold by Weg Art are not the banked posters that WEG drew. Not sure who has told you that but it's false. When WEG died the Sun's and Giants weren't around and you can see they feature on the Weg Art website... The son in law draws those himself along with all the new posters they sell.

What I do know is WEG eventually stopped drawing the 'banked' posters, and instead wanted Paul Harvey to take over from him after he died. Once he died, the Herald Sun went with Mark Knight instead of Harvey.

Harvey now does his own poster every year as well which you can look up if you like, some of them look quite good.

So the closest thing you can get to the original posters in my opinion is the ones with the Herald Sun logos and that see the proceeds go to the Good Friday Appeal. We will never have another WEG, but he did those posters for the newspaper and for the charity and that's what lives on with the current ones.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2019, 10:23:36 AM »
I don't know anything about the family relationships there its none of my business maybe you know and have better information but I was told a lot of "banked posters" exist.

If the son in law is drawing the new Weg Art posters then he is doing a bloody good job. The 2017 and 2019 posters for us are brilliant posters and I consider them to be better than a lot of others going around.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2019, 10:44:50 AM »
I don't know anything about the family relationships there its none of my business maybe you know and have better information but I was told a lot of "banked posters" exist.

If the son in law is drawing the new Weg Art posters then he is doing a bloody good job. The 2017 and 2019 posters for us are brilliant posters and I consider them to be better than a lot of others going around.
If you're after a poster that sticks with Wegs style then Weg Art is the way to go  :thumbsup At the end of the day all that matters is that you enjoy your collection and the Tigers keep winning so we can have the choice to keep adding to them from wherever we please :cheers

He definitely started on a bank of posters, but he stopped soon after starting. I don't know what happened to them to be honest but I did see some of the ones he had done and what I will say is I haven't seen them reproduced since by anyone so they're probably locked away somewhere with his old business partner? Your guess is as good as mine.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2019, 02:15:15 PM »
Can you go too far with loving the Tiges?  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/archillect/status/1190068453354459136

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2019, 03:27:02 PM »
I just picked up my framed Mark Knight poster framed with the Premiership Cards bordering the design.
The premiership cards have a white background and it makes a fantastic contrast to the 2017 frame Ive got which had black background cards.

Once again Sport Jersey Framing North Road Bentleigh East have come through 100%. There doing all my memorabilia these days. Quality framing at very fair pricing. I recommend anyone here to Ange at Sport Jersey Framing. For anyone interested Sporys Jersey Framing is located on the corner of North Road and Poet Road. Sort of Opposite the Maccas.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2019, 05:00:07 PM »
I forgot to add. Ange told me on 19 December next Month he is having a special Richmond Event with Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch going to Sport Jersey Framing to meet greet and sign a new memorabilia print called Giant Slayers. From what he told me all Richmond supporters welcome. Ill be going to get the print on the night if some of you guys can turn up we can almost make it an OER night with Jack and Tom.
Address is 1032 North Road Bentleigh East. Contact Ange for more details on his website.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2019, 06:29:36 PM »
I think the Select Premiers cards are now available.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2019, 07:27:16 PM »
I think the Select Premiers cards are now available.

yes they are. I had my Knight poster framed up with the cards around them by the guys in Bentleigh East. Details in previous posts.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2019, 12:11:36 AM »
Come & meet 2019 Premiership Captain on the mighty Tigers at Footy Plus More, Greensborough Plaza, 25 Main Street, Greensborough, on Saturday 23rd November from 1-3pm!

Simply purchase either of the Wings above and get them personally signed on this day by 2019 Premiership Captain Trent Cotchin along with a photo!

These can't be bought anywhere else online, great Christmas gift for the ultimate Tiger Fans!

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/trent-cotchin-limited-edition-wings-at-footy-plus-more-greensborough-tickets-79304179937
https://footyplusmore.com.au/collections/events/products/trent-cotchin-personally-signed-sherrin-match-ball-plus-meet-greet-and-photo-package

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »
Just got myself the victory pack on bluray from jb crapfi
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2019, 07:03:18 PM »
Just got myself the victory pack on bluray from jb crapfi

Full HD?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2019, 07:43:11 PM »
Victory pack is only DVD quality based on what’s displayed on the packaging and the description on the website.

Can only get the grand finals on blu ray.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2019, 09:29:45 PM »
Sorry guys i got excited for a moment, yeah the box says dvd. Im guessing the GF will be bluray at least..
But pricey at $85 foe the box set too but I haven't bought myself anything yet so can't complain
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S