Author Topic: Cotchin ‘didn’t realise’ he booked family on same Thai flight as teammates (HS)  (Read 791 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Trent Cotchin ‘didn’t realise’ he booked family on same flight to Thailand as teammates

Jeff Whalley
Herald Sun
October 5, 2019

What’s the best way to take your two-month-old baby overseas for the first time?

On a boys trip of course!

Richmond Captain Trent Cotchin and partner Brooke set off this Sunday with their youngsters Parker, Harper and Mackenzie for a lovely trip to Thailand.

Unfortunately, Cotchin pointed out to Page 13, he didn’t realise he was booking on the same flight with a group of Richmond teammates who are heading to Phuket for a four day footy trip.

“We are heading to Thailand for a few weeks,” he said.

“I didn’t realise I’ve booked on the same flight, so the whole family is booked on the plane with a few of the boys.”

He added this was two-month-old Parker’s first flight. At least there will be plenty of uncles on board to help with child care.

The Tigers certainly have thrown themselves into partying in the last week – none more so than Liam Baker who was widely voted best on ground for the team’s Mad Monday.

We chatted to Baker who said apparently he was in fine form.

“I don’t remember much but it sounded like fun,” he told Page 13.

At a different life stage is Tiges chief – and a man rumoured to replace Gillon McLachlan at the AFL one day - Brendon Gale.

The Tigers boss is partial, we understand, to cold swimming at the Brighton Baths at 6am every morning. Even the day after the grand final.

Now that’s a man I want running my footy code!

He has been allowed one indulgence since the big win.

“My wife poured me a bath,” Gale said of his only chance to find some zen this week.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/page-13/trent-cotchin-didnt-realise-he-booked-family-on-same-flight-to-thailand-as-teammates/news-story/3688f3e6ba99e360d1bf80b9a7143880