Author Topic: How did we rate this trade period?  (Read 2432 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
How did we rate this trade period?
« on: October 16, 2019, 10:13:52 PM »
Foxsports gave us a C.

RICHMOND

Who left: Brandon Ellis, Dan Butler

Who arrived: Nil

Draft picks owned: 19, 38, 39, 41, 56, 75, 77, 95

Matt Balmer says: The 2019 premiers were non-players during trade period as Brandon Ellis and Dan Butler were their only departures. The club voiced their frustration at the lack of first round compensation for Ellis, but they haven’t done anything to lessen the calls at potential back-to-back Grand Final appearances.

Grade: C

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trades-report-card-afl-trade-period-every-club-graded-winners-losers-best-and-worst-trades-who-won-the-trade-period/news-story/e79a55c31364a4eb701daf1d4291601d

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How did we rate this trade period?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 10:40:10 PM »
I am waiting for big tone to give it an A+ just for offloading Bellis!  :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 11:04:24 PM »
Trade Grades are really the most meaningless load of shyte. I'm sure St.Kilda will get an A++ on the back of the haul of players they have brought in. But they spent up big to get them, so really, whose to say we did any worse than them?

I wonder what our trade grade was in '16 when we brought in Prestia, Caddy and Nank who proved to be crucial to our premiership? That haul of players cost us a first, second and third round selections, with Graham tied to it as well.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 11:08:51 PM »
A+

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 11:54:12 PM »
Remember when Port got Motlop, Watts and Rockliff... That worked out well 😂
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 03:33:12 AM »
Herald-Sun also gave us a C.

GRADING: C

Richmond was content to take its picks, miffed not to get an end-of-first-round compensation pick for Brandon Ellis but aware it will enter next year with Sydney Stack, Marlion Pickett and Alex Rance as virtual recruits given Stack and Pickett will be in their first full pre-season and Rance is back from his Round 1 ACL.

On pure trade action, the Tigers did three fifths of stuff all, but this period was all about basking in the premiership glow and protecting their list, with Kamdyn McIntosh and Connor Menadue not getting to rival clubs and now having to prove they are good enough to break into the best 22.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-grades-herald-sun-footy-experts-rate-every-clubs-exchange-period/news-story/006d883c4bf821383d57cb790bb7e94e

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 03:34:37 AM »
The AFL website gave us 5/10 and a ranking of 13th.

What they couldn't get done: No other free agents like Tom Lynch lying around? The Tigers planned for very little fresh off another flag. Plus, Alex Rance will be the competition's best recruit in 2020.

Verdict: No need to add to a premiership side that had Rance, Sydney Stack, Jack Graham, Jack Higgins and Riley Collier-Dawkins watching from the stands. Would've loved a top-20 pick as compensation for Brandon Ellis, but he and Dan Butler are replaceable. – Mitch Cleary

Rating:
5/10

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-16/trade-period-ranked-from-worst-to-best-whos-in-out-draft-hand

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 03:41:59 AM »
Trade Grades are really the most meaningless load of shyte. I'm sure St.Kilda will get an A++ on the back of the haul of players they have brought in. But they spent up big to get them, so really, whose to say we did any worse than them?

I wonder what our trade grade was in '16 when we brought in Prestia, Caddy and Nank who proved to be crucial to our premiership? That haul of players cost us a first, second and third round selections, with Graham tied to it as well.
The AFL website back then gave us a 'B' while Pelchen gave us an 'A'.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=25476.msg580839#msg580839

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 06:00:03 AM »
A+
:clapping

I would have given them A+ if they had unloaded Castagna. Hopefully we can get a small forward who doesnt need a million shots at goal to try and snag one lol.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 10:06:49 AM »
Pick 56 for Butler was about right.

AFL stooged us on B Ellis.

Happy to keep KMac.

Menadue not worth anything.

No cap to bring in any established players.

So given the circumstances...we did perfectly well!

Online Tazzytiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Tiger in my tank !

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 03:48:18 AM »
BUCKENARA SAYS: Lost a dual premiership player in Ellis and a depth player, albeit a premiership player, in Dan Butler but with Sydney Stack, Marlion Pickett and Alex Rance to act basically as new recruits next year, the Tigers are in a very good position with a really strong list. Didn’t need to be active and haven’t lost any stars.

RATING: 7/10

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/gary-buckenara/gary-buckenara-grades-every-clubs-2020-trade-period/news-story/a21c6776767f3d57b4a9cd9a5c0f5a6d

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 08:44:02 AM »
I enjoyed this trade period immensely, watching the other teams desperately scrabbling around whilst we are sitting back with our draft picks knowing we are the superior club is gold.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 01:47:43 PM »
I enjoyed this trade period immensely, watching the other teams desperately scrabbling around whilst we are sitting back with our draft picks knowing we are the superior club is gold.

^^^^^ this  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)