Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 57505 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2022, 07:38:25 PM »
Wow a small forward who is an offensive threat. What a luxury!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2022, 08:26:48 PM »
Love what he is producing this kid.

WP how good was his game? Average  :lol

Nice bit of baiting, totally unnecessary

Up to half time I thought he along with Sonsie were our best.  He kept us in the game

Not that it matters or anyone cares I have him in my top 3 and not for the 5 goals but his defensive efforts
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2022, 09:18:06 PM »
He was sensational.

Forget selfishness or defensive efforts etc even though he was fine but this kid can find the big sticks.

Classy!

I was calling for his delisting too so am eating humble pie. Club has given him a go and I have changed my mind.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2022, 09:21:40 PM »
He was sensational.

Forget selfishness or defensive efforts etc even though he was fine but this kid can find the big sticks.

Classy!

I was calling for his delisting too so am eating humble pie. Club has given him a go and I have changed my mind.

I can relate to this

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2022, 12:40:56 AM »
BOG

KEEP US IN IT …

Should be the NAB Rising Star.

Online Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2022, 01:14:50 AM »
So, why hasn’t this bloke been getting a crack up until now. Maybe it’s time to review our KPIs as they are clearly not a reliable measure when you look at the free passes Castagna and Aart and co have received week after week over the years. I’ll take scoreboard pressure over defensive pressure all day.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2022, 03:21:02 AM »
Breakout Tiger’s teammate, coach pay tribute to ‘incredible’ response to AFL heartbreak

David Zita
Fox Sports
July 31st, 2022 9:40 pm

Cometh the moment, cometh the Cumberland.

It would’ve been incredibly easy for Noah Cumberland to stay down on himself after last week’s agonising ‘play on’ call saw him denied the chance to win the game after the siren for the Tigers.

Instead, the 21-year-old kicked a game-high five goals against the Brisbane Lions, helping to drag his team back from a 42-point deficit and catapult them back into finals contention.

“He was very flat on himself last week, but he didn‘t cost us the game, he probably kept us in it,” Richmond defender Nick Vlastuin told Fox Footy post-game.

“Today he wins us the game with those five goals. He keeps putting himself in those good positions to win the ball ... we’re a better team with him in it.”

Cumberland has now kicked 11 goals from his first five AFL games and looms as one of the great steals from the 2019 draft.

In a twist of irony, it was the Lions who could’ve snared Cumberland as an Academy product, but they instead opted not to match the Tigers’ bid at pick No.43.

Cumberland’s performance on Sunday may’ve been a surprise to some watching on, but not for those inside the club who know the tenacious youngster.

“He‘s a pretty carefree kind of guy. You hang s**t on him and he hangs s**t back on you,” Vlastuin said.

“We hung s**t on him a bit but with a good laugh because we knew he was going to take it well.

“You almost have to laugh about it instead of not talk about it at all. We got around him and he’s a good kid.”

His performance not only earned him the praise of his teammates, but also a glowing comparison from coach Damien Hardwick.

“That first goal I think he kicked when he ran through about three players, I thought he was Leigh Matthews there for a minute bursting through the pack,” he said wryly.

“I’ve got to give the kid credit, he has been incredible since he’s come in. He came in a little bit raw, he’s put the work in, he’s self-driven, he’s responsible for his own development and that to me is the mark of him as a player.”

Asked to expand on the improvement made by Cumberland, Hardwick added: “He was always a beast of a player, athletic traits, but probably like most Queensland kids a little bit slow in the general footy IQ stuff, but he has worked incredibly hard on that part of the game.”

“He‘s diligent, he’s got his notepad, he does the work, he watches tape and he just loves it.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-news-2022-richmond-win-over-brisbane-lions-noah-cumberland-highlights-draw-against-fremantle-damien-hardwick-press-conference/news-story/84ca92e8544f038500eb26ce666b48d7

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2022, 05:42:06 AM »
On Fox Footy's First Crack show last night, Montagna mentioned that:

- It was Cumberland who kept Richmond in the game in the first half.

- Cumberland has had the 3rd most shots at goal in the AFL over the past month. Only behind Papley and Charlie Curnow.

- Cumberland is 7th in the AFL for scoreboard impact (shots + assists) despite playing just the 4 games. Only behind Papley, Curnow, Fritsch, Hawkins, Heeney and Walker. So he is in elite company.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2022, 07:18:13 AM »
So, why hasn’t this bloke been getting a crack up until now. Maybe it’s time to review our KPIs as they are clearly not a reliable measure when you look at the free passes Castagna and Aart and co have received week after week over the years. I’ll take scoreboard pressure over defensive pressure all day.

Thankyou.

I’ve watched and read negative comments about this kid for years, yet saw him continually be in the scoring at vfl level. Instead what we saw is guys like George, Aarts and Ross receive the call up.time and time again.

Embarrassing  a few people right now.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2022, 10:53:48 AM »
Love what he is producing this kid.

WP how good was his game? Average  :lol

Nice bit of baiting, totally unnecessary

Up to half time I thought he along with Sonsie were our best.  He kept us in the game

Not that it matters or anyone cares I have him in my top 3 and not for the 5 goals but his defensive efforts

Thanks WP. You were on the verge of having a chop sticks x 2 moment but you are recovering well.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2022, 01:12:20 PM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2022, 06:21:26 PM »
“LOVE WATCHING HIM PLAY”: FIVE-GOAL TIGER MAKES “INCREDIBLE” IMPACT

By Alex Zaia
SEN
1 August 2022

Noah Cumberland kicked a career-high five goals to help Richmond overturn a 42-point deficit to beat Brisbane at the MCG on Sunday.

In just his fifth game, the young Tiger kept his side in the contest with three first-half goals before adding two more majors in the second half.

Cumberland, selected with pick 43 in the 2019 National Draft, has made an immediate impression at senior level leading to high praise from his coach Damien Hardwick.

“He doesn’t get fazed by much, Noah,” Hardwick said post-game.

“I’ve got to give the kid credit - he’s been incredible since he’s come in.

“He came in a little bit raw, he’s put the work in, he’s self-driven, he’s responsible for his own development. That, to me, is the mark of him as a player.

“He’s put in a lot of work, a lot of hours to get to where he is today and reaping the benefits of it.

“He’s only going to get better which is the pleasing thing for us.”

Cumberland’s passion and booming left foot has caught the eye of Collingwood great Nathan Buckley.

“I love watching him play,” Buckley told SEN Breakfast.

“He’s played a handful of games … he kicked that goal from the top of the 50 and he was that excited. He was watching the big screen to see himself back on how he kicked it.

“He’s got passion, he’s got drive, he’s got an energy.

“When he put (Darcy) Gardiner under pressure and caused that turnover … you could see him out the back, he was punching the air.

“He’s a Richmond-type player, a Richmond-type forward who’s dangerous and can hit the scoreboard.”

Cumberland, 21, has kicked 11 goals so far in 2022.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/31/love-watching-him-play-five-goal-tiger-makes-incredible-impact/

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2022, 06:33:00 PM »
Rising star this week. Well done young fella, taking your chance with both hands :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Noah Cumberland is the Round 20 Rising Star nominee (RFC)
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2022, 06:52:22 PM »
Rising star this week. Well done young fella, taking your chance with both hands :clapping

Full article: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1187246/

:clapping

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Cumberland - Round 20 Rising Star nominee [update]
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2022, 08:37:53 PM »
Well done and well deserved Noah .