Author Topic: Tigers chasing Darcy Moore / Eddie is fuming lol  (Read 5463 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers chasing Darcy Moore / Eddie is fuming lol
« on: February 18, 2020, 12:39:09 PM »
‘Blood will be flowing’: McGuire fumes as Richmond target Pies defender

Joey Riordan
7 News
Tuesday, 18 February 2020 12:00 pm

The Tigers are targeting out-of-contract Collingwood defender Darcy Moore to replace the retired Alex Rance and Eddie McGuire isn’t happy about it.

7NEWS AFL reporter Tom Browne reported Richmond’s interest on Tuesday morning, saying 24-year-old Moore is the Tigers’ top target following the unexpected retirement of five-time All-Australian Rance.

“Richmond’s main target to replace Alex Rance is out of contract Pies star defender Darcy Moore,” Browne wrote on Twitter.

“There are good ongoing discussions at Collingwood. Where Moore is still likely to stay.

“My understanding is the Tigers have or will make a substantial indicative offer as part of negotiations.”

Browne later disclosed that the Tigers could offer Moore “around $750-$800k” per season due to Rance’s retirement, which freed up $1.4 million in the club’s salary cap for the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

While the potential move was music to the ears of Richmond fans, their Collingwood counterparts weren’t so happy about it.

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire took the news particularly poorly as Tom Browne discussed the potential move on Triple M.

“Darcy’s out of contract, my understanding is Richmond is keen on Darcy Moore, (Tigers coach) Damien Hardwick is very keen to coach him,” Browne said on Triple M.

“You can’t say that a club has made an offer at this time of the year, but I think he’s the man that Richmond have earmarked to take over from Alex Rance long-term as their key defender if they can get their hands on him.”

McGuire sounded rattled by the news.

“That’d go down well,” Eddie McGuire said sarcastically.

“Blood will be flowing down Punt Road & Hoddle Street again.”

However McGuire may not have too much to worry about in the end, with Browne declaring the star Pies defender is happy at the club and likely to re-sign.

“He’s very happy at Collingwood, I’m sure there’s a high likelihood he’ll re-sign at Collingwood,” Browne said.

Moore’s manager weighs in

Darcy Moore’s manager Liam Pickering has told SEN that Collingwood “had a bit of work to do” to keep the defender at the club.

“We caught up again the other week, but we’ve still got a bit of work do,” Pickering said.

“We’re negotiating, which means it’s no way near over the line.”

Pickering was also asked if he’d spoken to Richmond about Moore moving to Punt Road.

“No, I haven’t,” he replied.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-fumes-as-richmond-tigers-target-darcy-moore--c-702949

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers chasing Darcy Moore / Eddie is fuming lol
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 12:44:55 PM »
‘Blood will be flowing’: Eddie McGuire’s warning to Tigers over Collingwood star

February 18, 2020 11:23am
    Sarah Olle
    Source: FOX SPORTS

Richmond is reportedly set to offer Collingwood’s Darcy Moore an attractive deal to join the club, as the reigning premiers eye a long term replacement for retired defender Alex Rance.

Tom Browne reported on Tuesday morning that despite Moore – who’s out of contract at the end of this season – and the Magpies holding “good ongoing discussions” the Tigers were preparing to pounce on the 24-year-old.

Moore’s manager Liam Pickering weighed into the situation, telling SEN Collingwood “still had a bit of work to do” to ensure Moore remained at the Holden Centre.

“We caught up again the other week, but we’ve still got a bit of work do,” Pickering said.

“We’re negotiating, which means it’s no way near over the line.”

Moore’s Richmond link was put to Pies president Eddie McGuire on Tuesday morning.

With tongue firmly in cheek, McGuire told Triple M’s Hot Breakfast: “That'd go down well. When his father (Peter Moore) went to Melbourne, that went down a treat. ‘Darce’ going to Richmond – that’d be just really good, wouldn't it?

“The last time they started poaching from Collingwood, we put them in the bin for 30 years.”

When co-host Luke Darcy suggested McGuire hadn’t taken Browne’s report well, McGuire said: “Wait if it ever comes true — don't worry about that. The blood will be flowing down Punt Road and Hoddle St again, mate.”

Rance – a five-time All-Australian – abruptly retired at the end of last year.

While the Tigers have kept him on their list in case he backflips on his decision, the club also reached a settlement with Rance, freeing up $1.4 million in their salary cap for 2020 and 20201.

Moore, who has shone since being shifted into defence, shapes as an ideal replacement for Rance.

But when asked if he’d spoken to Richmond about Moore’s potential move to Punt Road, Pickering replied: “No, I haven’t.”

Collingwood has delicately negotiated contracts with a host of its stars, with Brodie Grundy signing a seven-year deal, while skipper Scott Pendlebury took a pay cut when he inked a one-year extension.

Moore and Jordan De Goey both remain out of contract.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-darcy-moore-richmond-darcy-moore-contract-collingwood-liam-pickering/news-story/2cc460a6774aa120f411024b772139a8

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 01:03:41 PM »
Overrated and more injury prone than Ben Griffiths a failed forward who's put together, what, half a season of good footy down back? Reminds me of all the hype around Liam "Next Rance" Jones - though he's probably better than Jones... hopefully just a smokescreen for De Goey but more likely just that flog Tom Browne automatically assuming we're going to use the Rance money to chase another KPD and working back from there... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 01:12:32 PM »
I do not read, watch of follow anything fro Tom Browne.  He's an outright liar.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 01:24:31 PM »
Good player if he's on the park.

Other rumour on BF is that we're sweet talking Harris Andrews.

Moore risky, soft tissue problems at his age...

Would prefer JDG and pump some development time into Balta, Biggie etc as KPD. Or even Miller.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 02:28:24 PM »
Harris Andrews would be a good get.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 02:57:01 PM »
The Pies won't lose anyone now that Beams' retirement will free up $$$
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 03:07:53 PM »
Can't see any of the Brisbane's top players leaving with them on the cusp of a successful era...or at that's what they'd be be believing... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »

Eddie /Emirates/Fox Footy/Nine/MMM will make sure every player of importance stays put.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 04:11:23 PM »
Moore?  Ooh ... I dunno ...  :-\
I bought a Datsun once & forgot to kick the tyres, so stand back while I kick him in the shins.

The next time we need a big over rated sook we'll call you ....    :thumbsdown
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 04:19:50 PM »
Were just making the pies accountable making them pay more.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 05:54:34 PM »
Can't see any of the Brisbane's top players leaving with them on the cusp of a successful era...or at that's what they'd be be believing... :shh

Harris Andrews would be an amazing get
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 05:59:15 PM »
Unreliable attention seeker source but Ricky Nixon is claiming Beams' salary will still be counted in the Pies' salary cap. Beams joined Collingwood signing a 4-year deal (until 2022).

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 09:39:23 PM »
I wouldn't be putting all the eggs in the basket saying lions on cursp on success let's see how they go this year alot teams will put work into them.I still think there players may be gettable is Andrews a local lad to Vic.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 10:16:58 PM »
is Andrews a local lad to Vic.

Nope - Brisbane born & raised... :shh

- Thomas Sowell