Author Topic: Tigers chasing Darcy Moore / Eddie is fuming lol  (Read 5465 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers chasing Darcy Moore / Eddie is fuming lol
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 03:31:02 PM »
The Pies won't lose anyone now that Beams' retirement will free up $$$
Unreliable attention seeker source but Ricky Nixon is claiming Beams' salary will still be counted in the Pies' salary cap. Beams joined Collingwood signing a 4-year deal (until 2022).

If Collingwood cannot get salary cap relief from the AFL for Beams’s extraordinary circumstances — and why wouldn’t it ask — it will be on the hook for whatever it eventually settles for with Beams.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/how-much-will-the-dayne-beams-deal-cost-the-pies-or-can-they-break-even-despite-his-exit/news-story/e26d982766109d208886e46d7c5771de

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 04:01:02 PM »
Hardwick quashes Darcy Moore link

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
19 Feb 2020

Channel Seven’s Tom Browne linked out of contract Collingwood defender Darcy Moore to Richmond on Tuesday morning, a player who could fill the Rance void.

However, Hardwick said that there is nothing to the link.

“It popped up by surprise, I got a text on my family WhatsApp about what’s going on with Darcy Moore and I said, ‘what are you talking about?’” he said.

“This time of year, things get thrown around and clubs get linked and it’s a bit of a slow news week, so nothing in that one at this stage.

“There’s a lot of nice replacements (for Rance) out there, it would also be nice to have Alex back to be perfectly honest.

“We’ve got some terrific young talent that is coming through. We’re really excited by Noah Balta who has got a little way to go, Ryan Garthwaite as well. We’ve got some replacements that will come through and help us long-term.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/02/18/hardwick-has-given-up-on-alex-rance-returning-quashes-darcy-moore-link/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 02:29:15 AM »
Amid reported interest from Richmond, Collingwood star Darcy Moore has declared he's in no rush to sign a new deal.
@AyrtonWoolley #9News
Watch here: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1231489448774455297

Collingwood's Darcy Moore has confirmed says he's in no rush to sign a new contract.
@Stevo7AFL #7NEWS
Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1231486850591645699

Moore also said he's looking forward to working with Dimma.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 10:26:30 AM »
lols

If he stays fit it's a yes from me

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 12:49:38 PM »
Smokescreen for De Goey -.Dimma backing our kids... :shh
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:15:25 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2020, 02:11:17 PM »
Darcy Moore unfazed by contract speculation

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
24 Feb 2020

Collingwood defender Darcy Moore has spoken regarding his contract status and says he is unfazed by the ongoing speculation.

Moore was linked with a move to Richmond last week as the Tigers look for their successor to Alex Rance.

However, the out of contract star believes the deal will work itself out one way or another.

“I’m obviously used to it that sort of commentary, I’ve just had to get used to it over my career and it is something that doesn’t both me at all, but a lot has been made of the club having a lot to work with over this pre-season and I’m not in a rush at all and I’m sure it’ll take care of itself,” he told reporters on Sunday.

Moore has been named in the Victorian team for the Bushfire Relief game, coached by Richmond’s Damien Hardwick, and says he is excited to learn from the two-time premiership leader.

“He’s obviously a highly respected coach in the industry and his results speak for themselves so I’m really excited to work with him and learn more about he goes about it and the same goes with my other teammates,” he said.

Hardwick played a straight bat when asked about the Moore speculation last week on SEN Breakfast on Wednesday, saying he didn’t know anything about it.

“It popped up by surprise, I got a text on my family WhatsApp about what’s going on with Darcy Moore and I said, ‘what are you talking about?’” Hardwick said.

“This time of year, things get thrown around and clubs get linked and it’s a bit of a slow news week, so nothing in that one at this stage.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/02/23/darcy-moore-unfazed-by-contract-speculation/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 09:50:25 PM »
Ch 10 news showed Liam Pickering on SEN saying that other clubs are showing interest. He didn't mention which clubs though.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 07:37:46 PM »
Darcy Moore reveals how he learnt about Tigers link

Zerohanger
27 Feb 2020

Out-of-contract Collingwood star Darcy Moore was linked to a move to Richmond earlier this month.

And the 24-year old has revealed he learnt the news through a homeless man on the street.

Moore is unfazed by the outside noise, recalling the moment he walked down Smith Street hearing the man call out to him.

“It doesn’t really affect me much on a personal level (the speculation) other than you start walking down the street and you get people telling you not to leave,” the Pies defender told SEN’s Bob and Andy.

“That was actually how I found out about it (Richmond rumours); I was walking down Smith Street … there’s a bloke there who sleeps rough on Smith Street and he actually yelled out to me, ‘Don’t go and bloody play for Richmond!’ and I was like, ‘Oh god’.

“And then I’ve got to go pull out my phone and google myself and work out what the hell he is talking about.

“It happens basically every time I come out of contract. I get spotted in a different suburb and then all of a sudden I’m getting traded. It’s something that I’m used to.”

Despite not being in a rush to put pen to paper, Moore is happy with where negotiations are at with Collingwood.

“I’m someone that likes to be involved (in contract negotiations),” he said.

“Obviously, these decisions require a lot of thought and you have to consider a lot of different areas of your life and your career.

“In this particular situation, the club has had a lot to work through this pre-season. I’m pretty open about it and not really in a hurry and from all reports the process is going really smoothly with the club.

“I’m sure it will happen in no time.”

https://www.zerohanger.com/darcy-moore-reveals-how-he-learnt-about-tigers-link-38798/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 03:41:00 PM »
Richmond premiership star’s unique pitch to poach out-of-contract Magpie

March 2, 2020 12:49pm
Josh Gabelich
FOX SPORTS

Darcy Moore was coached by Damien Hardwick on Friday night and played alongside Richmond premiership stars Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin, Tom Lynch and Bachar Houli in a sign of what life could look like in 2021 and beyond.

The Collingwood star is out of contract at the end of October and was linked to a move down Olympic Boulevard and up Punt Road last month.

With Alex Rance shocking the football world by retiring in December, the Tigers are in the market for a key defender and could look to Moore.

The 24-year-old revealed Houli used Friday night’s State of Origin game as an opportunity to pitch the club. Although the All-Australian half-back lobbied a unique benefit of playing in the yellow and black.

“Bachar was telling me about the Lebanese barbecues that he hosts,” Moore told foxsports.com.au after Friday night’s State of Origin game.

“I asked him, ‘How do I get an invite? He said: ‘You’ve got to come play for us’.”

Contract speculation is nothing new for the son of two-time Brownlow Medal winner, Peter Moore.

He was linked to Sydney throughout an injury-interrupted 2018 before signing a two-year extension at the end of that season. That deal is nearly up, but he won’t rush to sign his next contract.

“Look it’s something I’ve been through before in the past three or four years. It is nothing new to me. As a person it really tests your focus and your concentration,” he said.

“But once you get amongst the boys and the team we’ve got at the Pies is so tight knit that we don’t focus on individuals so you really do sink back into the crowd.

“When you leave the four walls of the club there is a little bit more attention, but it is really like water off a duck's back for me at this point; it is what you pay managers for – to take care of it. It is pretty easy to deal with to be honest.”

Moore escapes the pressure of contract decisions and stopping key forwards by throwing himself into his studies at Melbourne University, by reading and by spending times with friends outside who don’t play for the black and white.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/collingwood-star-darcy-moore-reveals-unique-pitch-from-richmond-premiership-defender-bachar-houli/news-story/eff6472ca6947a927f6759da5f13527b

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2020, 08:27:13 PM »
Moore is already comfortably using the same terms as we do at Richmond.

Tight knit
Four walls

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 09:12:43 PM »
Maxing his contact by using the arch enemies, can't wait for Carlton's offer

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2020, 11:23:46 PM »
As an alternative to Moore in our backline, Nick Haynes would fit well in our system as a good intercept mark and kick although he turns 28 this year.

With $1.4m up our sleeve now, can we chase two players - one defender & one ballwinning mid? Get Tom Green as well  ;D.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2020, 08:13:27 AM »
As an alternative to Moore in our backline, Nick Haynes would fit well in our system as a good intercept mark and kick although he turns 28 this year.

With $1.4m up our sleeve now, can we chase two players - one defender & one ballwinning mid? Get Tom Green as well  ;D.

Haynes would be worth more than Moore. He's a gun.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2020, 08:15:27 AM »
Cluey from Power is s option to a Shepparton boy.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2020, 09:16:31 AM »
Cluey from Power is s option to a Shepparton boy.

Isn't he like 6'2? Bit short. I'm thinking 6'5 and above