Author Topic: Tigers chasing Darcy Moore / Eddie is fuming lol  (Read 5464 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers chasing Darcy Moore / Eddie is fuming lol
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2020, 09:56:37 AM »
As an alternative to Moore in our backline, Nick Haynes would fit well in our system as a good intercept mark and kick although he turns 28 this year.

With $1.4m up our sleeve now, can we chase two players - one defender & one ballwinning mid? Get Tom Green as well  ;D.

Haynes would be worth more than Moore. He's a gun.

The young kid he plays with Sam Taylor seems like an even better option. Had a ripper finals series.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2020, 11:18:32 AM »
As an alternative to Moore in our backline, Nick Haynes would fit well in our system as a good intercept mark and kick although he turns 28 this year.

With $1.4m up our sleeve now, can we chase two players - one defender & one ballwinning mid? Get Tom Green as well  ;D.

Haynes would be worth more than Moore. He's a gun.

The young kid he plays with Sam Taylor seems like an even better option. Had a ripper finals series.

Yep, keeping hearing the same.

I wonder if the $1,400,000 would be enough to secure Sam Taylor + Tom Green?

We would have to trade some serious picks + quality depth players.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2020, 01:13:40 PM »
Just get Rance back

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2020, 02:07:13 PM »
Colliwobbles may not be as desperate to keep Moore as Fathead's publicly making out... doesn't necessarily mean he'll end up at Richmond though...:shh

B.Crouch still a target and is now a restricted free agent.. :shh :shh

SPP also still on the radar..among other factors will depend on how he, Port & Hinkley all go this year.... good mates with Stack.. :shh :shh :shh

Tom Green is at least 2 years away from coming home, more likely 4 but take it to the bank - he will be a Tiger eventually... :shh :shh :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2020, 11:51:08 PM »
Colliwobbles may not be as desperate to keep Moore as Fathead's publicly making out... doesn't necessarily mean he'll end up at Richmond though...:shh

B.Crouch still a target and is now a restricted free agent.. :shh :shh

SPP also still on the radar..among other factors will depend on how he, Port & Hinkley all go this year.... good mates with Stack.. :shh :shh :shh

Tom Green is at least 2 years away from coming home, more likely 4 but take it to the bank - he will be a Tiger eventually... :shh :shh :shh :shh
C’mon Dio. Fairdinkum!
You’ve been teasing us with Cerra and SPP for a while now but now your telling us we are getting Green?

Out of all them id take green in a heartbeat. Looks a ready made star.
I’m going to remember this post.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2020, 11:55:34 PM »
Trust in Dio.....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2020, 08:14:03 PM »
None are coming ..... but a favourite son is coming back  :shh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2020, 10:07:17 PM »
a favourite grandson is coming back  :shh

e.f.a  :shh :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2020, 12:58:34 AM »
Brando is not my grandson.....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2020, 10:24:45 AM »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2020, 03:20:12 AM »
[Go to 2:10 min mark]: https://www.afl.com.au/video/384382/the-captains-speak-injuries-coronavirus-tiger-trade-target?videoId=384382&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1583814913001

Cotch said he would welcome Darcy Moore at Tigerland and that after Moore had played on Jack in the State of Origin game Jack told him Moore is an impressive bloke and can seriously play.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2020, 12:58:56 PM »
Tom Green's grandad will be on Open Mike next week.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2020, 01:38:01 PM »
MOORE SIGNATURE A WAY OFF

Collingwood defender Darcy Moore admits the prospect of a long-term deal may no longer be feasible given the financial fallout of the coronavirus crisis.

Obviously every player wants security, it’s sort of a bit of a luxury in this business so I’d obviously love that,” he said on SEN Breakfast.

“But in this current climate I don’t really know what it’s going to look like going forward and there’s a lot of moving pieces in the industry to work it all out so I don’t even know if a long-term deal is gonna be feasible so I just gotta sort of wait and see where the cards fall and where that leads me.

“We’ve had a lot of Zoom meetings with very limited information the last probably three or four weeks but the last week or so it sort of seems like I’ve definitely got that impression that the wheels are starting to turn and it’s looking like because the numbers are falling that it’s looking like maybe there’s a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel but you know you don’t want to speak to soon and get your hopes up but hopefully it’s the case.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-live-blog-coronavirus-news-afl-return-date-simon-goodwin-comments-back-at-training-may-4/news-story/257da9671006cfe7b6e729ab21739658

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2020, 07:34:31 PM »
Herald Sun and AFL Tonight reporter Jon Ralph has outlined the state of play on eight of the biggest players in the competition.

WHO COULD STAY:

Jordan De Goey and Darcy Moore (Collingwood)

“So much froth and bubble over a couple of high-profile pairs. Firstly, Collingwood with Jordan De Goey and Darcy Moore. And for all the links they have had with other football clubs, both of those players have publicly come out and said I would like to stay. Clearly the finances need to be right. A deal will eventually be done with Dayne Beams that they would them pay him out. Some of his salary cap obligations to him. They were able to get a deal done with Brodie Grundy and I think by the end of the year they will get a deal done with both of those, albeit some sacrifices elsewhere.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-afl-trades-trade-period-out-of-contract-free-agents-list-jon-ralph-afl-tonight-jeremy-cameron-joe-daniher/news-story/9975ff2e3e4bb8ea63b58d3d6a46ddb9

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2020, 07:15:03 PM »
Moore is the exact type of tall defender we have lacked.If not Moore then one of his type would be ideal.
Cox Brown Even the ex Adelaide gimp to name a few who have torn us a new one.
Moore is not only tall enough and big enough to deal with these types but hes really athletic and agile to go with it.

Tiger people love Dave Astbury but id still be looking for an upgrade on him and i would be looking hard for a Rance type replacement as well.
Hopefully one or Both of Balta and Nyuon make the grade but while they get there a player like Moore would be great.

If Noah Balta achieves his potential Moore Grimes and Balta would cover every single tall propisition clubs could throw at us.And they are all athletic agile quick enough to not slow us down.