Author Topic: AFLW R3: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Princes Park, Sun. Feb 23  (Read 7170 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: AFLW R3: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Princes Park, Sun. Feb 23
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2020, 10:48:54 AM »
WP. It seems you won’t concede that we have completely botched the girls team.

Terrible recruiting and Terrible choice to play home games at Carlscums home ground.

Can’t you see they have totally botched the project they had ample time to get right?

I mean Who would want to go to princess park for home matches? If it’s good enough to play at punt road for the reserves I can’t see why the girls can’t play there.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: AFLW R3: Richmond vs North Melbourne @ Princes Park, Sun. Feb 23
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2020, 01:13:19 PM »
WP. It seems you won’t concede that we have completely botched the girls team.

Terrible recruiting and Terrible choice to play home games at Carlscums home ground.

Can’t you see they have totally botched the project they had ample time to get right?

I mean Who would want to go to princess park for home matches? If it’s good enough to play at punt road for the reserves I can’t see why the girls can’t play there.

Club has no choice about the games being Princes Park, AFL directive....

Club can only recruit under the rules. 4 new teams meant the talent pool was stretched. Like AFL all teams had to take part on the draft, so this time round it was 14 teams not 10 or 8 like previously.

As I said IMV they got it wrong with not matching Carlton's bid for Egan, so yep that's a clear recruiting miss. Reckon our later picks look good (Sasonetti in particular). Brennan, Conti, Bernaardi are gun players. Monahan is a very good player too

Frederick is the best contested mark in the AFLW and is IMHO being played out of position. Plonk her in the goal square and get her to smash packs. Pinch hitting in the ruck was smart, it worked but clearly she cannot sustain it.

I appreciate that some of our VFLW girls are struggling with the tempo especially against seasoned opposition but they will get better. Stahl & Jacques are just 2 that spring to mind immediately.

Wakefield outside of being a sensational footy story, has been outstanding.

I've no doubt we will follow the pattern of other club's after season 1 and turn over the list. That's a given.

This was always going to be tough season, we are coming from a long way back compared to the starting 8 teams and even the 2nd year teams.

Am I disappointed with the results so far? Yes I am to a degree, in that we should have beaten GC. But am I going to call for everyone to be sacked and walk away from our newest team, bag them for the sake of it And apply a "sky is falling" mentality" Nope, in for the long haul just like the Club is. Will be patient just like we were with Dimma in his early days  :gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)