Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 81831 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2020, 05:21:57 PM »
So how long have you known Bents?  :shh

I miss Bents (I think)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2020, 02:22:49 PM »
10 suburban hotspots:

Keilor Downs
Broadmeadows
Albanvale
Sunshine West
Maidstone
Fawkner
Brunswick West
Reservoir
Hallam
Pakenham

50% of the population in each these suburbs will be tested starting with Keilor Downs and Broadmeadows.

There's also a new saliva test available.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-25/victoria-records-33-new-coronavirus-infections-testing-hotspots/12390870

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2020, 06:53:03 PM »
10 postcodes (35 W/NW suburbs) back in lockdown.

3012: Brooklyn, Kingsville, Maidstone, Tottenham, West Footscray
    3021: Albanvale, Kealba, Kings Park, St Albans
    3032: Ascot Vale, Highpoint City, Maribyrnong, Travancore
    3038: Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens
    3042: Airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie
    3046: Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park
    3047: Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana
    3055: Brunswick South, Brunswick West, Moonee Vale, Moreland West
    3060: Fawkner
    3064: Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickleham, Roxburgh Park and Kalkallo

People in the 10 postcodes would only have four reasons to leave their homes: for work or school, for care or caregiving, for daily exercise, or to get food and other essentials.

The return to stage three restrictions in those postcodes mean gatherings will be limited to family members or two people only, and cafes and restaurants will now be able to open for takeaways only.

Gyms, swimming pools, cinemas, play centres and other community activities will be closed across the lockdown zones.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-30/victoria-coronavirus-hotspot-local-lockdowns-in-melbourne/12407138

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2020, 04:50:42 PM »

Melbourne and some towns in regional Victoria have been ordered back into lockdown for six weeks from midnight on Wednesday.

Stage three restrictions will come into effect for metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire, which takes in towns including Broadford, Kilmore, Seymour, Tallarook, Pyalong and Wallan, north of the state’s capital.

Residents in those areas will be barred from leaving their homes for any purpose other than work, food, exercise, or medical care.

People in the lockdown zones are expected to stay at their principal place of residence for the duration of the six-week lockdown and not travel to holiday homes in regional areas.

Retail businesses will remain open subject to density limits, markets will be for food and drink only and hairdressers will remain open.

Residents currently on holiday within the state can finish their vacation and then return home.

School holidays will be pushed out by a week and there will be two student-free days to allow teachers and schools to prepare for an undetermined period of distance learning.

Year 11 and 12 students, as well as year 10 students doing VCE subjects and special schools, which had difficulty during the last period of remote learning, will return to school as planned next week.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/melbourne-some-regional-areas-set-to-re-enter-lockdown-after-191-new-coronavirus-cases-20200707-p559tk.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2020, 12:51:26 PM »
Another 317 news cases in Victoria today

But the number that won't get much air time is another $100k + in fines

That works out be over 60 people caught doing the wrong thing...

Staggering  :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2020, 01:06:38 PM »
700 today. Who is Andrews going to blame today. :shh

I am up to 4 people i know who have contracted Covid. 2 of those very well of which the wife is a police officer who was part of the west cluster.

This isn't great, though i still feel by end of August we will be at a manageable levels like all the other states. The contract tracing should be permanently removed from Victoria's responsibility IMO.

I dont know anyone who has said they wont wear a mask (even if they dont like it), so its no surprise that fools like karl brought on an exorcist to his trash program to tell us why she wouldnt. She suited that program perfectly.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2020, 05:25:20 PM »

I am up to 4 people i know who have contracted Covid. 2 of those very well of which the wife is a police officer who was part of the west cluster.

This isn't great, though i still feel by end of August we will be at a manageable levels like all the other states. The contract tracing should be permanently removed from Victoria's responsibility IMO.

I dont know anyone who has said they wont wear a mask (even if they dont like it), so its no surprise that fools like karl brought on an exorcist to his trash program to tell us why she wouldnt. She suited that program perfectly.

Where did they get it?

Of course it's Dan's fault. How dare people ignore restrictions!

What would you do differently?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2020, 05:53:41 PM »
This is an excellent website if you want all the numbers around COVID

https://covidlive.com.au/

You get details state by state

For Victoria
https://covidlive.com.au/vic

And another thing I keep track of

From Twitter
https://twitter.com/SharnelleVella

Daily idiot tally

88 idiots fined

Top idiots:

-  6 men a in short term rental said they were there for work-when 👮🏻‍♂️ arrived they were drinking & watching television

- A male who drove from Dandenong to Sth Yarra for a convenience store coffee

26 no Face with medical mask

#dailydickheads

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2020, 08:45:17 PM »

Where did they get it?

Of course it's Dan's fault. How dare people ignore restrictions!

What would you do differently?

ignore restrictions and you think thats why we are where we are now with all these deaths? What would have i done differently? Quarantine. Maybe use the ADF that was offered to man those hotels :banghead is it that difficult to answer? Watch 60 mins sunday and then listen to his own medical officer who said most have come from this hotel breach. Enough said really.

Anyway

So first was my a good family friend who went into the alfred for cancer treatment and contracted it in there. He had never intended to stay in the alfred and was only there for a days treatment. He is 70 and survived. This was the alfred cluster back late april.

the other was my mate who got it from his wife who is an officer at Werribee Police station. 3 weeks ago.

My friend said it was quite mild, more like a man flu that lasted 3/4 days. His wife lost her sense of smell and still doesnt have it fully She never went to hospital, but felt she was that sick she could have.

Im also sick of people going on about those not wearing masks. Does anyone actually know of anyone who refuses to wear one?

It is giving air time to exorcists like that bunnings scrag and other ice smoking weirdos like her that belong only with karl on that trash show of his.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2020, 08:53:04 PM »
Outbreaks will happen, whether it's ADF or VicPol or Chubbywubbys.

This outbreak with end and we will have another one later, maybe months from now. There is no evidence of antibodies after 12 weeks of infection. You cannot vaccinate whole populations simultaneously and you cannot keep all the borders shut forever.

Sorry to hear about your friends - I really am. Glad nobody has died from it though and your fam friend who went to Alf is lucky indeed.

Masks are very effective. I work in a hospital and my colleagues are currently deployed to the aged care facilities that have been overrun by the virus. Staff in some other departments have tested positive and infected nobody else at work because we are all wearing masks. It provides protection both ways.

If people follow the restrictions then it will stop spreading! We're in this mess because a handful of people broke those rules and some moron security guard decided to bang some slut in quarantine who was infected. People do dumb things, whether they are Chubb or VicPol or ADF.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2020, 09:05:12 PM »
Outbreaks will happen, whether it's ADF or VicPol or Chubbywubbys.

This outbreak with end and we will have another one later, maybe months from now. There is no evidence of antibodies after 12 weeks of infection. You cannot vaccinate whole populations simultaneously and you cannot keep all the borders shut forever.

Sorry to hear about your friends - I really am. Glad nobody has died from it though and your fam friend who went to Alf is lucky indeed.

Masks are very effective. I work in a hospital and my colleagues are currently deployed to the aged care facilities that have been overrun by the virus. Staff in some other departments have tested positive and infected nobody else at work because we are all wearing masks. It provides protection both ways.

If people follow the restrictions then it will stop spreading! We're in this mess because a handful of people broke those rules and some moron security guard decided to bang some slut in quarantine who was infected. People do dumb things, whether they are Chubb or VicPol or ADF.

the fish rots at the head and they shouldnt have been there to begin with but someone didnt listen, and yes a few guys went bagging away and then went home and did it to their wives. Untrained, unskilled, unlawful and in some cases unregistered, but yeah its not his fault hey. Imagine a bank ceo did that, actually they did and rightfully so copped it.

Like i said listen to the medical officer and get back to me.

Re: masks not saying they are or they arent. What i am saying is does anyone know of a person who refuses to wear one. Plenty dont like it, but i dont know of one single person who refuses to wear it, so people should stfu about it. Those idiots who wont wear one are just dumb and dont actually care for the mask they just like trouble. e.g the exorcist lady. if you engage them they will keep causing trouble.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2020, 09:28:08 PM »
I don't know anyone directly

But I  see people when I am walking our dogs not wearing them

Last Saturday there was a couple not wearing them but carrying them in the hands

About a block later another couple no masks.

Just yesterday morning, saw a lady walking her dog no mask. Politely asked where her mask was and she told me to "F" off

Even during the first lockdown, I lost count of the number of times we saw parents letting the kids play on playground equipment that was roped off

There are a lot of selfish morons out there. They are irresponsible and they don't care and right now, not months ago or 6 weeks ago but right now they are one number one reason we are seeing the numbers we are.

People just need to follow the rules, it isn't hard.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2020, 09:24:21 AM »
masks and those who are kicking up a fuss about them is a non- issue, and it deflects from the incompetence and decision making of the government, and gives voice to a bunch of ice smoking idiots. Those 2 plastic surgery fools who left victoria have done the wrong thing but to date have not contributed to any deaths im led to believe.

i find it staggering how people jump up and down about a mask, yet have no comment to make about where this second wave actually originated from.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2020, 01:15:04 PM »
masks and those who are kicking up a fuss about them is a non- issue, and it deflects from the incompetence and decision making of the government, and gives voice to a bunch of ice smoking idiots. Those 2 plastic surgery fools who left victoria have done the wrong thing but to date have not contributed to any deaths im led to believe.

i find it staggering how people jump up and down about a mask, yet have no comment to make about where this second wave actually originated from.

Another clear bait towards me Frankie, which is against site rules

You asked a question I answered it

But again you try and drag me into a discussion I will not comment on. I will not be making any comments on govt performance either at Federal or State level any time soon. I've explained why so I will ask again one more time please show me some respect and quit with the baiting

All I'll say (again) our current situation that is the numbers of the last 3 weeks are a direct result of selfish morons

100 people who have positive test results were door knocked yesterday and they were not home. That is not the fault of the Govt, of you or me. That is people clearly not giving a stuff and doing the wrong thing

Continually bring up the hotel quarantine mess, the protests or any other insipid excuse gives these low lifes an out clause to continue to behave in way that so putting people at risk.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »

It started in the hotel quarantine when security guards were untrained, and some of them decided to bang people who were supposed to be isolated.

Nothing to argue about.

Blame Dan? Blame the company who hired the nufties and didn't train them? Blame the security guard? The slut?

Horse has bolted. Only way to reel things back in now is to bunker down and stop flouting the restrictions!

What is your SOLUTION? Or are you just going complain and point fingers at Dan?

Talk about jumping up and down, I don't see you doing anything different?