Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 81382 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 12:38:55 PM »
rate of infection has halved in a week.

too early to tell and there is a long way to go, but its promising despite the fact there are idiots still around. T

ScoMo has been bloody brilliant so far. Has worked very well with the premiers with the now mandatory quarantining at hotels for those coming off planes, and the use of the army again.

I especially love how he is now including the vulnerable australians (mental health) What a leader. Those who want a complete lockdown perhaps need to look at the bigger picture also. Not saying either is right or wrong, but its good to look at the bigger picture.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2020, 03:23:36 PM »
rate of infection has halved in a week.

too early to tell and there is a long way to go, but its promising despite the fact there are idiots still around. T

ScoMo has been bloody brilliant so far. Has worked very well with the premiers with the now mandatory quarantining at hotels for those coming off planes, and the use of the army again.

I especially love how he is now including the vulnerable australians (mental health) What a leader. Those who want a complete lockdown perhaps need to look at the bigger picture also. Not saying either is right or wrong, but its good to look at the bigger picture.

Reserve judgement for now.

Best thing we have going for us is our population density.

Worst thing would be if people are lulled into a false sense of belief thinking we're in the clear, drop the SD a bit, and watch transmissions go up again.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2020, 03:59:13 PM »
So are we still slow to react Andy? Or are you reserving your judgement now?

We can judge on what has been delivered so far and it's been a great team effort led by a great PM.

Everything  else you said has been spot on in that we need to keep pushing and pushing with the full arm of the law.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/australian-coronavirus-cases-are-trending-towards-a-lower-infection-rate-c-769622?fbclid=IwAR3aUxyH_s9-QRyQeMRUHAbqOrASvGsRXgi_Yj-3Uik2ZG8M1DMzlpJBMiI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2020, 05:21:56 PM »
Once this reactive govt gives business a wage subsidy package to save jobs then we can talk about what  sort of job they've done. Until they do that like Canada, the UK they are failing all Australians

We've been so slow to react.

What they introduced Friday should have been done weeks ago. Far too slow. Why didn't they do it after the Ruby Princess fiasco in Sydney? Why did they wait a fortnight? Throw in the hairdresser debacle and you should get the point. Been terrific, just terrific

As for your "great PM" comment, will let that go through to the keeper. Will just say Terrific, just terrific

One good day case wise won't mean much if tomorrow it goes the other way. A weeks worth of good news will mean we are getting on top of this not after one day.

Complacency is a massive threat, that selfishness and stupidity
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2020, 05:27:55 PM »
So are we still slow to react Andy? Or are you reserving your judgement now?

We can judge on what has been delivered so far and it's been a great team effort led by a great PM.

Everything  else you said has been spot on in that we need to keep pushing and pushing with the full arm of the law.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/australian-coronavirus-cases-are-trending-towards-a-lower-infection-rate-c-769622?fbclid=IwAR3aUxyH_s9-QRyQeMRUHAbqOrASvGsRXgi_Yj-3Uik2ZG8M1DMzlpJBMiI

Yes, the lockdown should have happened 2-3 weeks ago and been more strict. Look around you, it's basically business as usual. Few people working from home, a bunch of small businesses that have been F'd over, but largely everyone is going about their business without a care in the world.

20% of returning travelers gave fake addresses. Several haven't followed self isolation protocols. If it was up to me people would be fined on the spot for not following the lockdown and going to the beach etc.

I saw this as a health professional working in a hospital. The effect it will have on our community goes so far beyond confirmed cases and deaths. The prolonged effect on the economy and health sector etc.

Wuhan locked down at 400 confirmed cases more or less.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2020, 05:31:51 PM »
The real worry is the amount the useful idiots out there who believe -or more's the point want to believe -anything China says let alone actually think they've done a good job..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2020, 05:41:54 PM »
The real worry is the amount the useful idiots out there who believe -or more's the point want to believe -anything China says and actually think they've done a good job..... :shh

This!!!!

I watched footage from last week and the streets were littered with dead people after they “hadn’t received any new positives”

They are communist lying scum of the highest order

The saddest part of this coronavirus debacle is that a billion Chinese didn’t go down with the ship!

Look at what their population growth has been the last 70 years .. it’s very scary where it will be in another 70. They are going to destroy Earth single handedly and there won’t be a thing anyone can do about it.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2020, 05:47:27 PM »
And all the "save the world" dogooders hate the one guy who has ever stood up to them......:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2020, 05:58:10 PM »
 :shh :shh

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2020, 06:26:33 PM »
And all the "save the world" dogooders hate the one guy who has ever stood up to them......:shh

:bow :bow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2020, 02:27:01 AM »
You mean the guy that is president of the country now in crisis with the most Covid-19 cases after claiming a few weeks ago it was a hoax  :shh.

As for Morrison, he needs to simply stick to reading out his briefing notes from the bureaucrats and medical experts when he gives his press conferences. As soon as he goes off script he says something clueless like he did again last night about leaving home to shop for jigsaw puzzles was ok as they were an "essential item" :facepalm.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 02:53:01 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2020, 10:57:56 AM »
MT: "You mean the guy that is president of the country now in crisis with the most Covid-19 cases after claiming a few weeks ago it was a hoax  :shh."

WTF? That is fake news and not even related to what I side.

You lefties are a joke
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2020, 12:03:56 PM »

Scotty from Marketing and the Frydenberger are what we have at the moment.

Not perfect but thank God we don't have the Trumpet or the idiot from Britain running the country.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2020, 12:43:15 PM »

Scotty from Marketing and the Frydenberger are what we have at the moment.

Not perfect but thank God we don't have the Trumpet or the idiot from Britain running the country.

Agree with you there
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2020, 12:43:52 PM »
I think we should have been in lockdown earlier by 2-3 weeks. Short term pain, long term gain.

Elsewise I don't have a huge issue with how Scott Morrison is handling things. He's doing plenty of things right such as focusing money on small businesses, mental health, domestic violence etc. Those are good initiatives and I approve.

Curve looks to be flattening but I wouldn't be surprised if the community transmissions grow in the next week before dropping again a couple of weeks after.