Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 81372 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #840 on: April 01, 2022, 06:43:17 PM »
Take a bow, Dictator Dan.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #841 on: April 19, 2022, 05:55:57 PM »
Yep. We reached herd immunity earlier than everyone else because he wanted to give Jobs Victoria a boost by employing woefully unqualified security that were then woefully under trained and equipped to work in hotels for returned travellers who were always going to be the highest risk of infecting Australians.
Killed a few hundred needlessly but hey we’re through it now so let’s laud comrade dan.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #842 on: April 19, 2022, 07:35:03 PM »
 :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #843 on: April 20, 2022, 04:53:33 PM »
COVID-19 isolation rules to change in NSW and Victoria. Here are the key things to know

Residents of New South Wales and Victoria will no longer be required to isolate for seven days if they are deemed to be a close contact of COVID-19 as both states make further relaxations to long-standing public health orders.

In the latest round of winding down restrictions – which both states have adopted with slightly different conditions – household close contacts will be free to leave the home but must still perform regular rapid antigen tests.

In both states a positive case of COVID-19 must still isolate for seven days. Here's what we know about the easing restrictions:

What is changing today for COVID-19 restrictions in NSW and Victoria?

NSW and Victoria are relaxing their COVID-19 restrictions that require a household contact (that is someone who lives in the same home as a positive COVID-19 case) to isolate for seven days.

In NSW restrictions will ease at 6pm this Friday, while in Victoria they will ease at 11:59pm this Friday. (Louise Kennerley)

Does that mean household contacts can just live their lives freely?

No. While the mandatory isolation period is being scrapped, there are still some conditions remaining.

In NSW household contacts must wear a face mask in all indoor settings outside the home, undertake a rapid antigen test daily, and are not allowed to visit aged care homes, hospitals, disability or correctional facilities.

In Victoria household contacts must also wear a face mask when outside the home but in an indoor setting, they must avoid all "sensitive" settings such as aged care and hospitals, and they must perform five rapid antigen tests over the course of seven days.

What about people who test positive to COVID-19?

In both NSW and Victoria people who test positive to COVID-19, either via rapid antigen or a PCR test, must still isolate for seven days.

If I'm deemed to be a household contact, can I still go to work?

Most likely, but it depends.

In NSW it is advised for household contacts to work from home "where practical". Critical or essential workers will not be required to have a formal exemption but must still comply with rules set in place by their employer.

In Victoria it is also recommended for close contacts to work from home if possible. Masks remain "strongly recommended" when a person cannot physically distance.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-nsw-vic-restrictions-update-close-contact-rules-changing-everything-to-know-explainer/2b98bc57-32f0-480b-9e1e-a38d69aa63bc

---------------------------------------------

Summary of changes to restrictions in Victoria

https://twitter.com/covidbaseau/status/1516596788974682117
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 05:19:08 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #844 on: April 20, 2022, 05:17:38 PM »
VIC - 10,628 new cases (PCR 3188; RAT 7440). 437 in hospital. 34 in ICU (12 on ventilators). 14 deaths.

NSW - 15,414 new cases (PCR 5103; RAT 10,311). 1639 in hospital. 72 in ICU (22 on ventilators). 15 deaths.

QLD - 8995 new cases (PCR 2478; RAT 6517). 594 in hospital. 25 in ICU. 6 deaths.

WA - 8080 new local cases (PCR 3645; RAT 5086). 244 in hospital. 10 in ICU.

SA - 4256 new cases. 252 in hospital. 14 in ICU. 2 deaths.

TAS - 1819 new cases. 56 in hospital. 2 in ICU

ACT - 1180 new cases. 63 in hospital. 2 in ICU.

NT - 594 new cases. 44 in hospital. 2 in ICU. 1 death.

Fully vaccinated Oz population:
Total: 83.5%
16+:  95.4%
12+:  94.5%

Booster:
Total: 51.7%
16+:  64.4%
12+:  60.7%

https://twitter.com/covidbaseau

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #845 on: July 07, 2022, 02:11:51 PM »
COVID-19 fourth-dose boosters offered for all people over 30

The nation's expert vaccine advisory body has recommended that anyone older than 50 receive a fourth dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

7.4 million more people will now be eligible for the fourth dose from July 11 (this Monday).

The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) specifically recommended the shot for people over 50, while people aged 30 to 49 may choose to have a fourth dose.

ATAGI reiterated those already eligible, including those over 65, remain at high risk of severe disease and death from COVID-19.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-07/covid-fourth-dose-booster-vaccine-to-be-recommended/101212636

---------------------------

https://twitter.com/covidbaseau/with_replies

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #846 on: September 30, 2022, 01:44:45 PM »
Mandatory COVID-19 isolation periods scrapped from October 14, emergency response 'finished' says national cabinet

Rules forcing people to isolate for five days if they test positive to COVID-19 will end from October 14 for everyone, with support for some workers to be able to continue isolation if needed.

Key points:
* Mandatory COVID isolation will end from October 14
* Financial support will be continued for some workers to be able to isolate if needed
* The chief medical officer says it marks the likely end of the emergency pandemic response

States will determine how to implement the change, but national cabinet agreed to continue targeted financial support for casual workers in aged care, disability care, Aboriginal health care and hospital care.

Support payments for people infected with COVID-19 who are not in those sectors will also end from October 14, with payments that continue to be funded equally by the Commonwealth and individual states or territories.

Scrapping mandatory isolation marks the end of one of the last remaining pandemic restrictions.

Chief Medical Officer Paul Kelly said he was asked to provide advice on whether isolation periods should be scrapped, and said he recognised there were low rates of COVID-19 transmission and high vaccination rates.

"It does not in any way suggest that the pandemic is finished," he said.

"We will almost certainly see future peaks of the virus into the future, as we have seen earlier in this year.

"However, at the moment, we have very low rates of … cases, hospitalisations, intensive care admissions, aged-care outbreaks and various other measures that we have been following very closely."

Professor Kelly's advice to national cabinet noted that "continued capacity to surge the response if required" remained a necessary consideration.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-30/covid-19-isolation-period-dropped-national-cabinet/101489566

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #847 on: September 30, 2022, 02:05:03 PM »
The fall off in cases and hospitalisations in Vic and NSW:

VIC - 9458 new cases in the past week (-5.5%). 145 in hospital. 9 in ICU. Weekly deaths 59 (down 21 on last week).

NSW - 12,592 new cases (PCR 4952; RAT 7640). 1057 in hospital. 24 in ICU. Weekly deaths 82 (up 13 on last week).

https://twitter.com/covidbaseau

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #848 on: November 09, 2022, 06:30:21 PM »
After 3 years of avoiding COVID19 it has finally caught up with me.  I tested positive yesterday and started the course of anti-virals today. I'm told I am in the high risk category. I am a Diabetic with asthma, high blood pressure and cholesterol issues.
I'm told the anti virals I'm on will fix me up. If you never hear from me again assume the worst and raise a glass for me.
And at 67 years old fast approaching old age.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #849 on: November 09, 2022, 10:00:58 PM »
All the best
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #850 on: November 10, 2022, 01:01:39 AM »
After 3 years of avoiding COVID19 it has finally caught up with me.  I tested positive yesterday and started the course of anti-virals today. I'm told I am in the high risk category. I am a Diabetic with asthma, high blood pressure and cholesterol issues.
I'm told the anti virals I'm on will fix me up. If you never hear from me again assume the worst and raise a glass for me.
And at 67 years old fast approaching old age.

Good luck with it.

I felt the worst after 5+ days towards the end of my isolation period.

Also be mindful with anti-viral that you can become contagious again after your initial infectious period. Had a patient transferred to my department after COVID+antivirals and he infected 17 more people out of a possible 19. Was a nightmare. Is a known phenomenon - google covid shedding after anti virals.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #851 on: November 10, 2022, 01:41:21 AM »
Good luck mate, I can tell you my experience (as a bad asthmatic)

1- nose ran like a tap
2- had the first non hangover headache of my life
3- lethargic for a couple of days

Amazingly didn’t need any steroid treatment for my asthma or use of ventolin .. the preventer was fine

If I get a common cold or chest infection I need all the above

Stay strong , I’m sure you will be ok mate

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #852 on: November 10, 2022, 03:22:28 AM »
All the best, 65.

I picked it up at the footy at the Anzac Eve game earlier in the year but fortunately the symptoms weren't too bad. It was three months after I had my third dose of the Pfizer covid vaccine. The only difference I noticed was the cough lingered longer than a typical cold/flu.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #853 on: November 10, 2022, 05:03:51 PM »
Bad news I'm afraid...

You will have to put up with me a bit longer. The anti virals are truly a piece of medical witchcraft. After 2 days I am feeling much better.
Cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #854 on: November 11, 2022, 04:16:01 AM »
Bad news I'm afraid...

You will have to put up with me a bit longer. The anti virals are truly a piece of medical witchcraft. After 2 days I am feeling much better.
Cheers
4 doses of covid vaccine as well?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd