Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 81622 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2021, 08:22:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpWiFygdAAE

:shh
Aside from the SCG test which should be crowd free given covid is spreading across Sydney within unknown chains of transmission, the rest of that video is try to equate different epidemiological settings and risks because those scenarios naively seem similar in layman's terms. Caravan parks and restaurants have to follow strict covid rules (record every customer/visitor via QR codes, maintain strict distancing rules, strict cleaning & hygiene regimes, etc). A party at home has none of these regulations, protocols and restrictions and history has shown the home is a high covid risk setting when there's significantly sized gatherings as well as making it harder for contact tracing to join the dots if there's an outbreak.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2021, 08:54:28 PM »
Yeah speaking of parties - I bet you're really fun at them...... :shh

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2021, 03:15:25 PM »
While quarantine breaches are not completely unavoidable, it doesn't help when other states haven't learnt from Victoria's experience and implemented the stricter protocols Victoria has now such as daily testing of quarantine staff and quarantining of flight crews. Where was the HPCC oversight? At least Qld knows how it got out of its quarantine system so they can fix it. The problem right now is it's the UK strain that's got out :P.

Yeah speaking of parties - I bet you're really fun at them...... :shh
Had terrific Christmas & NYE parties actually catching up with my greater family :thumbsup. No prerequisite to wear tin-foil hats either  ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2021, 03:27:57 PM »
Watched the movie Contagion last night.

The irony...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #274 on: January 16, 2021, 03:51:44 PM »
The Victorian government is preparing a February 15 "V-Day" launch for the most potent COVID vaccine, with its newly formed local public health units to play a critical role in delivering the life-saving jab.

The DHHS plan is for phase one of the roll-out to deliver 15,000 doses a week of the Pfizer vaccine, with hospital staff and residents, people working in aged care facilities, quarantine and border workers among those first in line for inoculation.

Phase two of the roll-out, slated to begin in mid-March, will administer the less effective but more readily available AstraZeneca to the broader population.

Victoria’s provisional time frame and dose targets for the Pfizer vaccine, contained in an internal briefing to a major hospital group obtained by The Age and Sydney Morning Herald, is not confirmed by the Federal government, which is yet to set a start date for COVID vaccinations.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria-to-get-powerful-pfizer-vaccine-for-vulnerable-workers-in-weeks-20210115-p56uil.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: January 25, 2021, 01:24:36 PM »
The TGA has approved the Pfizer vaccine for use in Australia.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2021, 06:10:17 PM »

And guess who funds and regulates these nursing homes.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victorian-aged-care-homes-break-covid19-rules/news-story/e6ee0a4019003ffbaa4271a768dac3d2

Victorian aged care homes have been caught flouting COVID-19 rules after the pandemic killed hundreds of elderly residents.

Government inspectors have uncovered COVID-19 breaches in 15 nursing homes – four in Victoria, nine in NSW and two in Queensland – following the deaths of more than 600 Australians in aged care last year.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: January 29, 2021, 10:00:42 PM »
The Victorian government is preparing a February 15 "V-Day" launch for the most potent COVID vaccine, with its newly formed local public health units to play a critical role in delivering the life-saving jab.

The DHHS plan is for phase one of the roll-out to deliver 15,000 doses a week of the Pfizer vaccine, with hospital staff and residents, people working in aged care facilities, quarantine and border workers among those first in line for inoculation.

Phase two of the roll-out, slated to begin in mid-March, will administer the less effective but more readily available AstraZeneca to the broader population.

Victoria’s provisional time frame and dose targets for the Pfizer vaccine, contained in an internal briefing to a major hospital group obtained by The Age and Sydney Morning Herald, is not confirmed by the Federal government, which is yet to set a start date for COVID vaccinations.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria-to-get-powerful-pfizer-vaccine-for-vulnerable-workers-in-weeks-20210115-p56uil.html

Is this the same DHHS who called my mobile and asked if my 7 year old had been to the northern beaches instead of being with Moama with the rest of her family. Or is this the same DHHS who then sent a text message to my 7 year old on xmas eve that she had to quarantine for 14 days as she had been to a northern beaches hot spot. Or finally was it the same DHHS who then sent a letter to my email inbox after an apology in writing was requested stating it was a mix up, and my 7 year old never had to quarantine at all and is now free to return to work.  :lol

If i knew how to post screen shots on here i would post the whole charade as its some very comical reading as long as you forget how serious this department claim to be.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2021, 10:31:35 AM »

Is this the same DHHS who called my mobile and asked if my 7 year old had been to the northern beaches instead of being with Moama with the rest of her family. Or is this the same DHHS who then sent a text message to my 7 year old on xmas eve that she had to quarantine for 14 days as she had been to a northern beaches hot spot. Or finally was it the same DHHS who then sent a letter to my email inbox after an apology in writing was requested stating it was a mix up, and my 7 year old never had to quarantine at all and is now free to return to work.  :lol

If i knew how to post screen shots on here i would post the whole charade as its some very comical reading as long as you forget how serious this department claim to be.

Your 7 year old has a phone?

I was thinking 10+ for my kids...

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2021, 11:07:18 PM »
no, my phone they called asking for my 7 year old. :help

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #280 on: February 03, 2021, 06:59:25 AM »
Vale Sir Captain Tom Moore who died pf COVID 19 over night.

A great man
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: February 03, 2021, 08:49:36 AM »
Yes terribly sad. What a hero he was

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2021, 02:11:45 AM »
14 exposure sites so far.
https://twitter.com/VicGovDH

Some wag posted on twitter - "the most underrated covid symptom is a non-negotiable desire to visit fricking everything and everywhere".

This worker gets around if it's only one person. Loves K-mart and golf  :P. Surely, all these places must also include this bloke's close contacts?!

Edit: Nup, it was the one person.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 07:26:59 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2021, 02:13:59 PM »
AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine approved for use in Australia by TGA.

Key points:
* Australia has secured just under 54 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine
* It will be produced in Melbourne and will be the vaccine most Australians get
* The vaccine has been approved for everyone over 18 but will be given to people over 65 on a case-by-case basis

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-16/coronavirus-astrazeneca-vaccine-approved-for-use-in-australia/13115784

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #284 on: March 24, 2021, 05:59:38 PM »
Latest vaccination numbers, via #estimates and @ronmjm

Total national vaccinations: 312,502

State distribution totals:
ACT: 7251
NSW: 72,943
NT: 5395
QLD: 42,269
SA: 16,949
TAS: 8790
VIC: 63,894
WA: 34,877

https://twitter.com/TomMcIlroy/status/1374491597061038089

The Therapeutic Goods Administration on Tuesday approved the release of the first four batches of the AstraZeneca vaccine manufactured by CSL-Seqirus in Melbourne – a total of 832,200 doses.

The vaccine is being manufactured at CSL’s facility in Broadmeadows and packed in Parkville.
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/victoria/melbourne-made-vaccine-approved-as-victoria-records-another-day-without-covid-19-20210324-p57dha.html