Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo  (Read 96835 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2020, 06:05:01 PM »
Soldo, is the one you would allow to go or trade. If we trade Nank were idiots.  If we trade CCJ were idiots. 
You also don't let 22 year old future captains walk like Jack Graham. Would break my heart if he went TBH. 
We need to keep this squad (not just the 22) together as long as possible within reason.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2020, 06:20:00 PM »
I don't think Graham is anywhere captain material tbh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Clubs circling dual premiership Tiger Nathan Broad (afl site)
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2020, 06:50:50 PM »
Clubs circling dual premiership Tiger Nathan Broad

afl.com.au
13 August 2020

DUAL Richmond premiership player Nathan Broad is attracting interest as a trade target as clubs circle the defender.

Broad is out of contract at the end of the season and discussions on a new deal at Richmond have not progressed.

Gold Coast is looking to add to its half-back stocks this off-season and AFL.com.au understands they are among the suitors for Broad, who has played every game this season.

The Suns are searching to bolster their defensive stocks with Jarrod Harbrow and Pearce Hanley, who are both out of contract this season, both entering the latter stages of their careers.

Broad is also a close friend of Suns recruit and former Richmond teammate Brandon Ellis.

The 27-year-old, who joined the Tigers as a mature-age recruit, has shown his versatility in Richmond's back half since he cemented a spot in the second half of 2017.

He played in the Tigers' breakthrough Grand Final win that season and missed only one game last year en route to their premiership victory over Greater Western Sydney.

Richmond's list depth continues to amaze rivals with the Tigers again hit by key injuries and unavailable players through this season, but Damien Hardwick's men remain one of the leading premiership favourites.

Rivals believe fellow premiership Tiger Jack Graham, who is out of contract, could depart for more opportunities elsewhere after being squeezed out of the first-choice midfield.

Two-time premiership ruckman Toby Nankervis is also without a deal for next year, while talks haven't started on a contract extension for last year's Grand Final debutant Marlion Pickett.

Young ruckman Callum Coleman-Jones, who is tied to the Tigers until the end of 2021, is on the radar of clubs looking to boost their big man stocks.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/485103/clubs-circling-dual-premiership-tiger

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2020, 06:51:49 PM »
Soldo, is the one you would allow to go or trade. If we trade Nank were idiots.  If we trade CCJ were idiots. 

Nank the perfect replacement for Mumfurd at GWS IMO and far more trade value than Slomo who I can't see going anywhere while Maric is still at the club anyway.. :shh

Richie Vandenberg type of captain..... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2020, 08:57:27 PM »

He captained SA in the under 18 championships and it is one of the reasons the Tiger's drafted  him, his leadership qualities

Like Vlastuin, Jack is natural born leader
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2020, 09:02:43 PM »
Jack Graham would make a great future Richmond captain. Leadership, Courage, Integrity. Hope he plays 250 games for Richmond.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2020, 09:19:55 PM »

He captained SA in the under 18 championships and it is one of the reasons the Tiger's drafted  him, his leadership qualities

Unlike Vlaustin he struggles to get the pigskin

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2020, 09:52:36 PM »

This. And whether it just this year or not is a fair question but he seems to be regressing as a player. Unconfident, slow, hampered by his shoulder ?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2020, 10:17:47 PM »

This. And whether it just this year or not is a fair question but he seems to be regressing as a player. Unconfident, slow, hampered by his shoulder ?

Have said a number of times that I was told by a former AFL player that coming back from a shoulder reco is tough. Takes 12 months to get full movement back depending on how "tight" the surgery to the muscles/ligaments are. And the to that it takes 12 months to get full confidence back.that former player told me it was harder than a kmee reco.

Graham is coming off his 2nd. If we go back to last year it took until late in the season for him to get back to consistent footy. He basically had no full preseason and barely any contact training prior to round 1.

Reckon he has a few credits after his premium final effort. It would have been bloody easy to sit out the game. He didn't, he played on and helped us get to a GF.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2020, 10:55:26 PM »
Reckon Miller & Garthwaite might get reprieves if we lose both Broad & CCJ...though I've heard rumours Garthwate wants to pack it in anyway to pursue other interests...:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2020, 11:15:54 PM »
Sounds like groundhog day with the media regurgitating the same names they got off forums and were throwing out there last year. No one knows yet the number and quality of draft picks & salary cap available to make list management decisions

Even if it was true, don't expect  anything in return for any of the three given we only received pick 40 for a dual premiership regular such as Ellis.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2020, 02:23:12 PM »
WATSON CAUTIONS SUNS OVER OUT-OF-CONTRACT TIGER

Essendon legend Tim Watson has warned the Gold Coast Suns to be “a little bit circumspect” in their pursuit of Richmond defender Nathan Broad.

It was reported on Thursday that multiple clubs are circling the two-time premiership Tiger, who has played every game this season.

Speaking on SEN Breakfast, Watson said that while Broad could be good at the right price, the Suns should be wary of paying too much to prise the 27-year-old out of Punt Road.

“You just need to analyse exactly what you’re going to get,” he said.

“I think there’s certain players that as part of a unit look good, but I wouldn’t be overpaying for these types of players because

I think once you take them out of that system and that unit then they’re not maybe what you think they are, so I’d just be a little bit circumspect about that one.

“It’s not that he can’t play ... just don’t be overpaying for those sorts of blokes, but they’re probably being underpaid at Richmond too because there’s so many talented players they need to keep on their list.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-whispers-dockers-relationship-breakdown-dogs-make-offseason-intentions-clear/news-story/7a5ddfcc283ac6348543edb978f24baf

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2020, 03:19:18 PM »
He's kind of right but stuff off anyway you Essendon flog ...still bitter because your Richmond supporting old man told you to throw your debut match against us.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2020, 03:32:02 PM »
Brad Crouch has told Matthew Nicks he wants to stay at Adelaide according to media reports.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2020, 04:09:44 PM »
Good.  :shh

- Thomas Sowell