Author Topic: Kane Cornes Watch  (Read 12375 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Kane Cornes Watch
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2022, 06:33:40 AM »
Cornes: “There’s a lot of teams that get shafted when it comes to fixturing at the MCG. That’s why the competition is never fair, Richmond can have 13 games at the MCG, and it’s just accepted and surprise surprise they have a massive advantage.

“It’s just the way it is. I played for a club at Port Adelaide, and we cried out for more games at the MCG and could never get it.

“It’s just been accepted that Richmond and Collingwood get this free kick by having that many games at the MCG and other clubs get shafted like Freo.”

Watch: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1530705775886213122

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/29/how-interstate-teams-are-getting-shafted-by-afl-fixturing/

:nopity

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2022, 07:06:22 AM »
What poor old Kane always neglects to mention is his side got 12 games a year at their home ground

Including 11 homes games at their home ground

We only ever play 10 home games at our home ground a season

He also conveniently forgets that of Vic based clubs we usually do the most interstate travel.

I'm also not sure why he cannot get his head around the fact that the MCG is the home ground of a number of Clubs and we have to play them as the away team at their home ground

Cry me a river  :nopity
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2022, 11:06:30 AM »
I’m probably in the minority but I like Cornes.

He is topical and adds his own opinions with added spice to trigger all one eyed ferals from all clubs. I bet you ask any mate that supports another club what do you think of Cornes they’d all say the same thing.

He is good at stirring the pot but he’s one of the only ones that will admit when he’s wrong too.

And now he has his own thread here too. Legend. :clapping  :rollin

The club that keeps giving.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2022, 11:09:52 AM »

Yup
No doubt

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2022, 10:02:40 PM »
I like circus clowns and court jesters too

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2022, 03:19:45 AM »

He is topical and adds his own opinions with added spice to trigger all one eyed ferals from all clubs. I bet you ask any mate that supports another club what do you think of Cornes they’d all say the same thing.

He is good at stirring the pot but he’s one of the only ones that will admit when he’s wrong too.

And now he has his own thread here too. Legend. :clapping  :rollin

People that say things only to spark a reaction and to get attention are the opposite of legends. The dudes a shock jock of the highest order. What point is he trying to make here. If our home ground is the MCG shouldn’t that mean we would automatically get 11 games there. Then you add in the away games we play against teams who also call the MCG home and I just don’t understand what he wants to happen. Should we play home games in Adelaide and port play home games at the G? I’m sure when they start seeing they don’t get freebie wins from the mere fact they’re playing at AO that they’ll quickly change their mind.

Interstate supporters loved to complain about vic teams getting an advantage from the grand final being at the MCG yet last year there were no finals in VIC and the grand final was contested by 2 VIC clubs. The year before again no finals in VIC and yup you guessed it, the grand final was contested by 2 VIC clubs. The best teams will win regardless of what ground they play at. The eagles have done it regularly, the crows did it in the late 90s and the lions dominated in the early 2000s.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2022, 06:54:34 AM »
Tom Lynch misses one game and Cornes last night use it to drag up his old comments about Jack Riewoldt, his age and whether Jack should leave Richmond :facepalm.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2022, 08:56:58 PM »
Kane can't remember a club being in a stronger position after a premiership than Geelong.

@SENSportsday

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1599310032918654976

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2022, 12:26:40 PM »
Kane can't remember a club being in a stronger position after a premiership than Geelong.

@SENSportsday

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1599310032918654976

Well it's true isn't it?

Older players are in great form, even though I hate them, guys like Hawkins are still playing AA footy.

Pick 7 in the draft etc.

They have managed themselves very well, or found a way to cheat the TPP. Probably the former.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2022, 12:31:30 PM »
Probably a fair call this time around

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2022, 12:38:37 PM »
Every year the Premier team looks like the team to beat.  Same same for Melbourne at the start of last year.

Geesook will cop some injuries and the Premiership back to back hopes will be dead and buried by mid-year.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2022, 02:35:04 PM »
Every year the Premier team looks like the team to beat.  Same same for Melbourne at the start of last year.

Geesook will cop some injuries and the Premiership back to back hopes will be dead and buried by mid-year.

I didn't feel the same about Dogs '16 or Eagles '18. Think they just had a good run at the time, bit of luck fell their way.

Also felt the same way about us in '17 to be completely honest but history proved me wrong or maybe I was just anxious.

Only clubs in recent memory I've thought would be tough to beat the next year are Tigers '19, Dees, Cats, otherwise probably going back to Hawks 3-peat.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2022, 04:55:36 PM »
Cornes claimed Tiger supporters are the most sensitive AFL fanbase.

https://twitter.com/SENBreakfast/status/1601422704099430400

Says the bloke who is the most triggered by and obsessed with Richmond  :nopity.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2022, 04:00:57 PM »
What do you expect always sits on the fence with his club Port never says it how it is no balls to.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2022, 10:26:42 AM »
Kornes was after Brisbane for signing Hipwood to a 6 year contract. Can't say I disagree with him.

He did however stress the long term was bad and was expecting him to bring up Taranto and Hopper contracts as an example. However let us off for once.