Author Topic: Sack Yze  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Yze
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2024, 06:03:54 PM »
Agreed Dio. The bounce can happen but just not this year…
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2024, 08:52:02 PM »
FJ you can’t say he needs to stop rewarding players who don’t deserve a gig and then in the next line say he should be playing Cumberland.

Naismith may not be the future but he has been playing well in the vfl while Cumberland has been struggling.

I’d also like to see Cumberland in the side as I think he does play better at afl level and it’s essentially his last chance before being delisted, but let’s not pretend it’s about rewarding form.

Cumberland has played decent games at vfl level and did not get selected. That is an absolute fact and not just this year either. Has played some average ones as well but so has mansell, graham and about 4 other players. Now if its all about form mansell should be omitted this week. Has played 2 very ordinary games hasn't he? Mcintosh, Naismith, Graham, the list goes on.

McAuliffe. Dumped after 1 average game only to then watch as our senior side get smashed by 7 goals. Sonzie...

Ryan is another. Having a cracking season and donuts. In a game we needed forwards a nice guy has been gets selected before him. Crazy.

Maybe last year but I don’t think he’s had a good game in the 2s all year, although I could be wrong. At this point since 2022, he’s been ignored by Dimma, mcqualter and yze so there’s obviously some issues there since it’s not just a case of 1 coach digging his heels in and not selecting him.

Ryan I agree, he’s had the form to warrant selection.

Don’t get me started on the decision to drop sonsie and mcauliffe. Absolutely ridiculous decision that makes you question what they’re actually trying to achieve this season.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #62 on: Yesterday at 06:33:06 AM »
They paved the way for Hopalongs demise.

The team selection is mostly pitiful.

If I didn’t know better it appears there are factions choosing players for drafting and the same factions picking the disastrous draftees to play to justify their decisions.

Would love to be a “fly on the wall” at the selection meetings.

When Cumberland was selected last year he always looked “lively”
Sonsie should be played in the middle along with McCauliffe.
Ryan should be in the team
I would rather get beaten with those 4 playing than get beaten with our current selections.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #63 on: Yesterday at 07:11:11 PM »
Still looks & feels like Hardwick is coaching us - not the good Hardwick propped up by quality assistants but the other one..... :shh
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:51:21 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.