Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 361938 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: how many of tonights umpires used to play for e$$endon?
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2012, 11:16:18 PM »
Seriously pooful umpiring tonight.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2012, 12:00:51 AM »
I was figuring it must of been a stunt because they had more Aboriginal players or something because it was so stuffing blatant.  How many goals did they kick from frees?  In just the first quarter even?  Anyone got that stat?  Because I am sure it was at least 3 or 4.  In the first quarter the free kicks were 7 to 1.  You can't tell me we weren't due any because I saw plenty of mugging going on in our forward line for the same poo they paid to them and tackles where they spilled the ball go unrewarded.  They did play well in patches but so would we if we were getting the rub of the green along with our patches of scoring.  When it all goes your way you look stuffing great.  Whenever we started getting on top or looked like we were, that sonofabitch 10 mostly would pluck some bs out of his hole and cockblock us with a free the other way.
Lots of people name their swords......

Tigermonk

« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »
Umpires clearly donot like Richmond & l be 100% sure 2 of them umpires were paid to favor Essendon  :banghead

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2012, 01:34:11 AM »
Umpires clearly donot like Richmond & l be 100% sure 2 of them umpires were paid to favor Essendon  :banghead

FFS even the monk can see it.  :banghead

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2012, 07:58:45 AM »
Two absolute howlers that stick in my mind were: Jetta dead-set shoving Morris in the back then waltzing into an open goal, and jst before 3/4 time that unrewarded tackle where the spill resulted in a goal. That's a free kick every day of the week. As has been said, it just went on and on all night long. The scumpires were either on the take, or were completely sucked in by all the Effin-dumb hype.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2012, 09:46:52 AM »
For what it's worth neutral supporters reckon Essendon had an armchair ride

Holding the ball interpretations from last night:-

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=c488bb0fe34c8a3fb9150419212ddb73&t=947528

Head high and Essendons ducking/milking:- 

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=c488bb0fe34c8a3fb9150419212ddb73&t=947491

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #171 on: May 20, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »
i thoght in the first half the dons had the rub of the green with the umps, every stray head high was paid to them, every one of ours overlooked...7-1 FREES in Q1 said it all :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
I thought they were going to crack down on players who came in and locked the ball to the player on the ground? last night the in the gold coast game the ump explained why one instance was a ball up - because the tackler dragged the ball in??

The real doozy was hearing the umpire drop the C word when he made one his many poor bounces for the night.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2012, 03:38:23 PM »
I thought they were going to crack down on players who came in and locked the ball to the player on the ground? last night the in the gold coast game the ump explained why one instance was a ball up - because the tackler dragged the ball in??

The real doozy was hearing the umpire drop the C word when he made one his many poor bounces for the night.

really, why who got the blame for that :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2012, 05:26:03 PM »
I don't normally play into the umpiring excuses but ffs they were disgraceful last night and they Must clamp down on player ducking their heads. Bloody Bombers players did it all night.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2012, 10:08:55 PM »
stuff those red and black idiots ducking their heads all through the first half.

That goal to Watson where he ducked right our player yet got awarded a free kick is a disgrace

I've never been more angry but then Jettas hands in the back was the icing on the cake especially after I stood there and watched those malaka puntas crucify Richo a few years in front of us, costing us yet another 4 points

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2012, 10:09:58 PM »
Hands in the back anyone?  ::)

Pic thanks to bg25  :thumbsup

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2012, 08:21:53 AM »
Hands in the back anyone?  ::)

Pic thanks to bg25  :thumbsup

Gee One-Eyed, I hope you're not suggesting that we should be letting such trivial matters as the correct interpretation of the rules get in the way of showcasing Indigenous talent.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2012, 08:57:42 AM »
Cant see the pic at work but I hazard a guess, Jetta !  ;D

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2012, 09:10:59 AM »
the two decisions which were terrible were
1/ The free kick against Maric when Stanton had hold of the ball, and Ivan got 50 for giving the umpire a spray
2/ The non-decision not to ping Hocking for holding the ball where he clearly was caught and dropped the ball, only to pick it back up and handball to another player who goaled.

The Watson duck needs to be looked at as well, as Nahas didnt get 2 frees for the same  :banghead