Author Topic: State of Umpiring [merged]  (Read 361990 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: how many of tonights umpires used to play for e$$endon?
« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2012, 10:43:32 AM »
It hardly seems surprising that Essendon players are ducking there heads just like Joel Selwood does. Bomber, you are to blame for  this. Flimsy evidence at best but i am taking it!

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »
Do you really think that playing for a particular team in the past blinds your judgement when you are rostered to be part of a game involving that same team?

How many Richmond coaches coached at the Dawks? Should we drop coaches Hardwick and Smith this week because they coached at the Dawks?

Maggot Bannister made as many errors as the other maggots, and some of his errors resulted in Richmond frees or the non-payment of frees against us.

Having said that though, the maggots were shocking on Saturday night and it will be interesting to see what the AFL says this arvo.

Shocking decision making by the maggots effects both teams - the players no longer know what to expect when they go for the footy or lay a tackle or stand on a mark.

I have more respect for the fish that I target than to put any of those maggots on a hook. Although using them as shark bait might be appropriate.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »
think you will find the bad decisions were made by Brett Rosebury and Shane Stewart.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »
Did anyone see the Richmond player run 20 meteres in the last with a Bomber player holding the back of his jumper while he was running.
I couldn't believe the umpire didn't pay that.

ONE OF THE WORST DISPLAYS and we get alot more than most it seems.

Bomber players got the Veruca Salt treatment as per usual.

dwaino

« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2012, 05:24:18 PM »
Did anyone see the Richmond player run 20 meteres in the last with a Bomber player holding the back of his jumper while he was running.
I couldn't believe the umpire didn't pay that.

ONE OF THE WORST DISPLAYS and we get alot more than most it seems.

Bomber players got the Veruca Salt treatment as per usual.

That was Houli. The crowd was screaming the entire time to blow the whistle. Eff the umps. I've always said that if you need fair treatment from the umps to win a game you probably weren't in it anyway, but some of those decisions were certainly deflating. We spent all our tickets in the third anyway and wasted our chances on the scoreboard  :(

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2012, 05:38:35 PM »
Our shots on goal in the end cost us the game but if the umps didn't pay so many rubbish free kicks to the bumms and the ones that were there went our way, we would have won.

IMO we deserved to win the game more than them. It was ours for the taking and we stuffed it up.. But even with those errors in the 3rd and 4th we would have won if the umps did their jobs properly.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »
VIDEO: Here's Gieschen talking with Schwarz about the umpiring from the weekend games...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/136596/default.aspx#embedvideoplayer

He discussed two frees from our game:

(i) Watson's copping high contact from Dea in the 2nd quarter - Giesch said Watson had no time to duck and had his head down over the ball so a clear free kick.

(ii) Maric's holding the ball and 50m - Giesch said Maric went to ground over the ball so it was then his duty to get the ball out; not the Essendon player.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2012, 10:31:56 PM »
Gieschen thinks he is a Jedi Knight, "the decision was correct"  (waves hand in front of face).  The footage shows it was stuffing wrong.  Wanker.
Lots of people name their swords......

dwaino

« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »
Gieschen thinks he is a Jedi Knight, "the decision was correct"  (waves hand in front of face).  The footage shows it was stuffing wrong.  Wanker.

It's obvious to those of us who are strong-willed. Watto from Tatooine could even see it  :banghead

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2012, 12:15:57 AM »
VIDEO: Here's Gieschen talking with Schwarz about the umpiring from the weekend games...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/136596/default.aspx#embedvideoplayer

He discussed two frees from our game:

(i) Watson's copping high contact from Dea in the 2nd quarter - Giesch said Watson had no time to duck and had his head down over the ball so a clear free kick.

(ii) Maric's holding the ball and 50m - Giesch said Maric went to ground over the ball so it was then his duty to get the ball out; not the Essendon player.

So he's got to wrestle the ball back off the Essendon player who now has it and then dispose of it before the umpire decides to blow his whistle.
Rather than get to his feet with both hands in the air as he did to prove he didn't have the ball.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: May 23, 2012, 01:31:54 AM »
Giesch talking through his behind again.
Quite a few AFL people came from Geppettos.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #191 on: May 23, 2012, 03:20:15 AM »
Agrade fmoron.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: May 23, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »

may think that but reality is he is more like Jabba the Hut.

fair dinkum to say that about the Maric instance. Maric did release the ball and it would have come free had not the Essendon player held it in. That response if mind boggling!

What the Eff happened to penalisng the tackler who does this?
Huh?

The bloke is either grossly incompetent, or he does actually hold a grudge against the club which affects how he does his job.

Either way he is not fit for the position.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2012, 09:19:26 AM »
Humphrey bear was on SEN last night and Schwarz was ripping into him about the umpiring going against the aints over west.
Now I didn't see the game but they just wont open there minds to CONFKNSISTANT decision making, Humphrey bear just kept saying 'It was the correct decision by interpretation' and yep you can agrue this in 90 % of cases but they just blindly refuse to believe they are wrong in any way, when their interpretations from one team to the next vary greatly ..... stuffn wankers the lot of em .....
I said it and I meant it if I won 25 Mill in tatts and they had one of the many games they have against us, would have no hesitation in paying the fine by jumping the fence an snotting one of these fs

Offline Sabretooth

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »

I take umbrage at this one, Watson saw the tackler coming and in a 2nd action, put his head down further into the tackle, instead of lifting it out of harm's way.